View Full Version : Sending funds to DRDC

cherikee
07-21-2006, 11:00 PM
A family member was very recently transferred from county to DRDC. I was considering jpay-ing funds to his account. Would you encourage me to do it, or wait until he is transferred to a "permanent" facility?

galgrif
07-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Hello Cherikee! Welcome to PTO and the Colorado forum. I see no reason for you not to send money now if that is what you want to do. The money will travel with him now since he has his DOC number. J-pay is very easy to use. I can't remember if he can spend any money at DRDC, but it is likely that he will not be there for long and then he will have the funds immediately when he gets to his new home. Good luck to you both!

cherikee
07-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Thank you for your warm welcome Galgrif, and for your response. I think I will put a small amount on his books so that if he is able to use it at DRDC...great. If not, it will follow him and he will be able to buy a few necessities when he gets where he is going.

Deeltee
07-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Cherikee, my son was just at DRDC a couple of weeks ago and he was able to get commissary. I will tell you though not to get your hopes up about any phone calls. I did not get one until he got to his permanent facility but you should get mail. Hope that helps. Welcome to PTO.

Take Care,

Debbie

cherikee
07-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info Debbie. We are aware that we may not receive phone calls for awhile, thanks to other PTO threads. I'd love to talk with him, but my phone bill could sure use the breather!!Unfortunately his mail is rather sporadic as he has a medical condition thats limits the use of his fingers. That doesn't stop us from writing to him though! I did jpay some funds yesterday and I will follow up with a letter today. Thanks you again for the information about commissary at DRDC.

NotSoPatiently
07-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info Debbie. We are aware that we may not receive phone calls for awhile, thanks to other PTO threads. I'd love to talk with him, but my phone bill could sure use the breather!!Unfortunately his mail is rather sporadic as he has a medical condition thats limits the use of his fingers. That doesn't stop us from writing to him though! I did jpay some funds yesterday and I will follow up with a letter today. Thanks you again for the information about commissary at DRDC.

When he does get phone privledges, he should be able to buy phone time with the money on his books and although it is not cheap it is cheaper than a collect call.