View Full Version : PIC date and TPM date

country381
07-20-2006, 11:33 PM
My fiance has a PIC date of Jan.07 and a TPM date of Jan.08, he has served 11 yrs on a 20yr sentence. He is currently at a county camp. The board told me they would review his case again in Dec. and decide whether or not we get the PIC date. Can anyone tell me more about a PIC date? Have you or anyone you know made their PIC date? He has a remarkable record for someone with this much time in--only four (4) DR's in 11 yrs! He has voluntarily completed several programs (substance abuse, GED,etc.). Just wondering what our chances are. Thanks for any info.

Eternal Hope
07-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Actually a lot depends on his grid sheet and the severity of the crime( average sentence length on severity level), and then still, it is possible for anything to happen or not happen in Georgia. The board makes their own decisions. Have you completed a parole packet or sent any letters to the board on his behalf? Sounds like he has a good record with only 4 DRs in 11 years :)

country381
07-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I have sent numerous letters, emails, and have actually spoken with someone about it. His grid said he should do 7yrs or 1/3 of his time, whichever was longer. The board departed from the guidelines due to the severity of the crime and gave him a TMP of Jan.08 or "as early as Jan.07 if all requirements are met" and he showed good institutional conduct. There were no requirements listed on the paper. He has been at state camps until March 04 then he was moved to a county camp. The man I spoke with said it was a good sign that he was moved to a county camp as soon as he did with his tpm in 08. I have been writing the board for over 2yrs now and whenever I check the website for contacts it still says "no documents found." I have even sent Mr. Garland Hunt a registered letter and recieved a response in 04 and yet the contacts are not listed. Has that ever happened to anyone else? Our story is a wild one, he has been locked up for 11 yrs but I have only known him for four yrs. Anyway, I will have to get into that another time. Thanks for the info!!

Eternal Hope
07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Gosh he has been in a county camp since 04? Wow. Tell you what, I am going to pray very hard that he soon is sent to a transitional center, which happens normally ( is there a normal in Georgia???) about 6-8 mos prior to release..:) the contact stuff on there is confusing too. They do not really specify what contact info they are talking about, whether it is from any victims, or courts, or from the concerned loved ones. I do not know if they are good at updating that info too :( sigh...
You are welcome, and I do think since he has been at a county camp since 04 it is a good sign. Praying for the best for you in this !!!!!!!! ;)

country381
07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
We need all the prayers we can get! He doesn't HAVE to go to a transitional center does he? I believe I have heard of some being released straight from the camp/prison. But I would think since he has been locked up for so long they would send him there. Also, if they send him 6-8 prior to release this means he won't be coming home in Jan 07 does it? :( We were planning a wedding for March 07.

Eternal Hope
07-21-2006, 11:13 PM
It is possible he will be sent 6-8 mos prior to his actual release date, I didn't say for sure....what is for sure in Georgia? :( Jan 07 is actually 6 mos from July...that is why I am hoping for a quick transfer to a transitional center, which after being incarcerated as many years as he has will only assist him in the long haul...with re-entering society in general, etc. You can still get married in prison honey, I did it, and a lot more of us have. It is not the best of circumstances, granted, but it was oh so special just the same ;) Still I hope he will get early release this year to come in 07, rather than 08!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!!!!!!

country381
07-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all of the encouragement! For so long I felt so hopeless and overwhelmed by my whole situation. But now I realize there are many more out there facing the same situation. I did go see my fiance today, we had a good visit, talked about many different things. He wants us to get married while he is still in there but I am just not ready for that disappointment of marrying him and then driving away leaving him there. To tell you the truth I am still nervous about our whole relationship. We come from such different backgrounds and with him being locked up for so long I don't know how he is going to adjust to my way of life. I have told him from the beginning that the odds are stacked against us from the beginning: he is black, I am white, he is almost 32, I just turned 39 yesterday, and the way we met and how our relationship progressed. I do know that I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. Anyway, one day I will be able to tell my story. Thanks again for the kind words.

Eternal Hope
07-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Take it one day at a time honey, and yes many of us are in the same situation as yourself! Love can conquer any odds - remember that, if it is meant to be then all we be fine!!! Now that you have PTO, perhaps you will not feel as overwhelmed and hopeless. I know that when I first came to PTO, I felt much the same as you did. However seeing and listening to others who had the same emotions I was having, helped me realize I was in fact, 'not alone' on this earth. ( Of course you are never alone because God is right there with you too! )
By the way, Happy belated birthday!!! I know it isn't the same not being able to share your birthday with your man outside the gates, but I hope your day was special in its own way. Hugs!!!

cdmack
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
While searching the DOC site today to see if they had posted info on my significant other (which I do everyday). While searching I also pulled up info on other inmates who are serving or have served time for the same crime my man was convicted of (aggravated assault). (Well agg assault was his original crime by they through that out because it was determined to actually be self-defense, so he was convicted of possession of a weapon by a convicted felon. He has 1 prior felony on his record from 1998 for which he never served a day in prison. Well anyway, I ran across some information I thought would be helpful and perhaps provide need hope to all of you as well regarding maximum release dates and TPM’s…..and the great thing in our case is that he will get the credit for time served case he was in county for 3 month prior to sentencing…..I really hope this will brighten up someone’s day……

Important Release Information

The Actual Release Date may occur prior to the Max Possible Release Date due to the inmate receiving clemency by the State Board of Pardons and Paroles.
[/URL]
[URL="http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/default.html"]to visit the Ga Dept Of Corrections Web site click here (http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/default.html)