View Full Version : Visitation at Franklin CI

Starchild
07-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I recently visited at Franklin and thought I would share my experiences there. Please feel free to pm me if anyone has questions on visitation there.

Registration started at 8.30am and there were very few visitors. They had us wait at a covered area where there are bathrooms and a phone and a drinks machine. The process was pretty straight forward; once you had put your pin/handprint in someone inventoried all your jewlery, checked what you were bringing in (cigarettes were allowed) and then an officer checked your clothing and patted you down etc. I found them all to be friendly.

Clothing regs were pretty standard except that I noticed they allowed open toed shoes there even though his classification officer had told me they were not allowed.... There is a large indoor room and smaller outside part to the visiting park, but as it wasn't crowded there it was ok.

The only thing I would say is that they seemed pretty strict on poses for pictures; you weren't allowed too close to eachother and if the guards thought the pose was too close they would not allow the inmate to have the picture; you have to take it yourself;)