View Full Version : Sentenced to 1 year and one day. What should I expect?

Stratclaw
07-29-2003, 09:52 PM
I was sentenced last week to one year and one day, and will be surrendering myself in September. Does anyone have any knowledge on how BOP structures these sentences? It is my first offense, and I have no viloence in my past. It is a "white-collar" offense. My pre-trial officer says I may not find out until the day before i'm due to report. Any insights?

deb
07-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO! Someone else from California will be along to answer your questions who can better inform you.... Hang in there...

Deb

JodyAnnShaw
07-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, I dont' have the answers you need either! I just wanted to offer a warm welcome and let you know that PTO will be there for you, that you won't have to do your time alone!

Jodygirl

laydee_vet
07-31-2003, 08:17 AM
I believe you'll have to serve 10 1/4 months = 312 days, which is 85% of your sentence.

Stratclaw
07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the time info. I appreciate it.
I hear that in these sentences, there are often combinations of incarceration, half-way house, or home confinement. They sometimes choose not to send you to a camp.
Anyone have any experience with this?
It sucks not being told this stuff by them, until the last minute.

deb
07-31-2003, 12:32 PM
Have you tried posting under California? Hopefully someone would see it from there then and respond...

Deb

Lysbeth
07-31-2003, 05:29 PM
You said BOP - you're doing Federal time? There's someone here who's an expert on that, let me give 'em a heads up and hopefully you'll be hearing something here soon... PTO's been soooo busy lately, but those who know will be coming 'round eventually... hang in there! :)

deb
07-31-2003, 05:34 PM
:( Sorry, I missed the BOP part.... You may want to post under Federal as well...

Deb

Lysbeth
07-31-2003, 05:36 PM
PS Here's the link to the Federal forum on PTO:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=186

You may find a lot of your questions answered there, but I'm still gonna try to rustle up some expert Federal advice for you... ;)