View Full Version : House Arrest/a.k.a. bracelet

Snpetitedd
06-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone :)

Does anyone know anything about the bracelt? My man says he wants to do it for the month before the parole hearing and get out a month earier when he is classed down to CWP. But it costs money and there are a ton of limitiations for it so I wanted to know if anyone had any experiance with it? Me? oh i'm all for him comming home in a month rather than 2.5 or what ever but I don't want to jump into anything with out atleast trying to figure it all out first.

Anything you know would be helpful :)

Thanks!

Isabel Solidad
06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I know that in Boston the mayor was supposedly working some initiative in which "the bracelet" is a mobile phone/tracking device. Basically the thing only takes incoming calls; parolees have to keep it with them always and if they move out of range the parole office is notified. They call the tracking phone, and if there's no answer a warrant is issued and they come a-huntin'.

Snpetitedd
06-27-2006, 10:50 AM
dun dun dduuuuunnnnn hehe send out the dogs! I don't think that is how this program he wants to get on works. but I know I would have to get a house phone grr which I don't have and don't want I just use my cell phone for all my house phone needs but the DOC ain't havin that lol I guess the guy who does the bracelet for billerica is a huge fan of people doing it and tries to make it happen for who ever asks for it so i'm hoping he can get it cuz man 27 days till he comes home sounds alot better than 71 days ya know? but jay thinks its about 50 dollars a week wich sucks but it would only be for a month until parole clears him so I don't now, seems worth it to me to have him home.

Retired - S
06-27-2006, 11:14 AM
now I know we live in different states, but your should have him look into something...when my husband got out of prison on it he didn't have to pay because he was still under DOC...so since they still considered him an inmate he didn't have to pay for it. Just thought I'd let you know that...again im in CO...so most likely is different

Snpetitedd
06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Good to know :) Thanks!

shiva65
06-29-2006, 09:44 PM
hey snip.. well i have no idea about that .. .so i can only say one thing
i wish i could have my husband under my "own house arrest "" lol

I would monitor him just fine...

Donna
ya gotta love it

Snpetitedd
06-30-2006, 07:54 AM
HAHA so true Shiva! Beleive me, one month of the bracelet isn't gona matter cuz I plan on keeping one very close and naked eye on him for quite a while HAHAHA ;)

shiva65
06-30-2006, 04:48 PM
hehehehheehhehehe :))))

Marcheville
01-24-2007, 11:10 PM
It's $200/month and unless you have some medical or really good reason for it, the DOC is not really keen on anklets - yeah...I am in the process of trying to get one and they're not too keen on it.

So instead I will get 9-12 months in county - joy.

The deal is with the electronic monitoring is they give you one and only one chance - if you screw it up - and it seems a lot of people do - you get yanked back right away.

Also...wherever you are "house arrested" at, you need to waive your 4th amendment right to "unreasonable search & seizure" to be eligible for the anklet. This means, the PO, local yokels, whomever, can come in and tear through the house w/o a search warrant. Obviously, thinks like all booze, any drugs/firearms, etc., must be COMPLETELY out of the domicile or there will be serious issues.

I know a guy who was on electronic monitoring who lived with his brother. He could go to his "job" and then he needed to come right back home. Well in August, he came home to find a mad bender at his brother's place he did not know was going to happen - it started while he was at work. His choice was to not go in (and set off the monitor) and go in and risk getting dinged for being around booze. He went in. Just so happens the cops ended up being called because the party was too loud and they found my bud with the monitor - he was taken into custody and is finishing the rest of his 48 months in Plymouth now.:eek:

The electronic monitoring thing is a dual edged sword.

March

lisaf
01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
When is the bracelet an option? When your up for parole??

I know he is up for parole in 12-18 months, but I know it will probably be a long haul. If they say that, it could take forever?? Am I right? He seems to think he is going to wrap it up and do the 18 I guess (He got 2 years). However, how soon do you think he can actually get out?? This is still all new to me. However, I should be a pro by the end of it all.

TheBakerMan
01-25-2007, 04:38 PM
The bracelet is actually an option after you serve 10% of your time. This of course is only for non violent offenders. The rules as I recall them are you must have served 10% of your time, and have 6 months remaining or more, in order to qualify for electronic monitoring. There are articles and things to assist you in applying for home monitoring on the website TheLevelParty.com

Look under Incarceration, and the information is on that page.

Home monitoring is becoming a viable option because the prisons are way past the point of being over crowded, and diseases are becoming a problem because of this.

bookieworm2000
01-25-2007, 07:30 PM
My son was on it and I have to say I loved it. Yes it is expensive but they sure aren't out running around and getting into trouble!!! I would take it any day over prison.

Marcheville
01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
The bracelet is actually an option after you serve 10% of your time. This of course is only for non violent offenders. The rules as I recall them are you must have served 10% of your time.

Or for people with minimum mandatories - so if it is drug related and he has to do a "minimum" he has to do the minimum before he can be considered for the monitoring for the rest of the time.

And (correct me if I am wrong) you must be between 6-18 months before release.

March