View Full Version : Information about 120 Day Shock in Missouri?

ASI
06-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone! Does anyone know someone doing a 120 right now and how long did it take to check in Bonne Terre and did they get moved or stay there for the entire time? If they got moved, where were they moved to and how is it?

Ken
06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I think that you will have to be more specific with your question. I am not sure that I or anyone will understand what you are asking... no offence intended..

ASI
06-23-2006, 06:19 PM
No offense taken, this is new to me. He is waiting to be taken to Bonne Terre to check in for 120 day shock. We haven't been told much so don't know what to expect. I don't know how long he will be at Bonne Terre. I was wondering when will we find out where they will send him after that? This is my first time through this and I have no idea what to expect. I guess the unknown is what scares me the most, not knowing if I will hear from him or not and if he's okay. Basically I am open to hearing any information I can about doing 120. Hopefully this makes more sense and thank you for your response.

waiting_4_eva
07-09-2006, 05:24 PM
my husband was at bonne terre and got sent to a 120 program at western reagion treatment center but after he was sent there they told him he was not eligable for the program and i have no idea where or what is going to happen now

ASI
07-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi waiting_4_eva, I know how you feel with the waiting and not knowing what is going on. I am still trying to figure stuff out myself. My guy has to do 120 and was just told he's being sent to Boonville. Is he still at Western Region or do you know? If you don't know, I used vinelink.com when I didn't hear from him and it told me what facility they transferred him to. Don't know if that helps you at all or not but thought I would mention it in case you don't know where he is at. Hang in there, you'll hear from him soon!

cassylovesjr
08-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Just to let you all know this from my experience's with these 120 shock treatments .My brother was ordered to do a 120 days court order .Well after his 120 days was up the judge denied his 120 .Needless to say my brother ended up doing 7 full months instead of 4 months .And it was his first time being in prison . He went from county jail to Fulton , from there he went to Farmington Treatment Center and then to Bonne Terre .

pattigraves
10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
MY nephew,Phillip, went for 120 day shock about a year and 1/2 ago. We're hoping he gets out in April. He was scheduled to go to Maryville Treatment Center for 6 months treatment and then be released. He wasn't rolled and now I'm praying that God will help this oversight get corrected. I've called Probation and Parole and the Governor's constituents office to ask them to check on it . No answer yet but I believe our Lord will take our part and help the nephew get transferred.
Please remember us in your prayers.

Urinmythoughts
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Im glad this post was brought back up. I would think the initial poster he would have had to have done something to not get out. I dont think they can deny you for no reason? Mines on the 120 shock and he has gotten a letter from probation in regards to his home plan so that is good news as far as im concerned;-))

Kim

Christy
10-12-2007, 08:27 AM
It's up to the judge to decide if you are released from the 120 day or not. And it is dependent on behavior and completion of programs. If there are a lot of write ups, then you can be sure not to be released at the end. If the judge feels you didn't "learn" anything, they won't release you.

There is no guarantee that a person will get out after the 120 days are up. I also wouldn't take the request for a home plan as written in stone he will be released. They can yank the release date anytime up to the minute he walks out of the prison. Never assume anything with the DOC.

Urinmythoughts
10-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I am just curious as to what types of programs he can participate in? When you are in reception you are locked down so dont think there is much you can do there. But are you referring to his last couple months at another location? Just wondering what programs are available to him.

I didnt want to start a new thread to ask this so figured here is good as any sorry if not.

In the state of MO if a person is on probation can they legally live with an s/o or not or is it considered a violation if you arent married? I thought I read this some where I am hoping it isnt true. I just dont want him to get in trouble when they come around for the home plan to investigate.

Kim

leeperjeeper
10-13-2007, 01:38 PM
They are allowed to live anywhere the parole plan is approved for. He can live with anyone--family member or S/O as long as that person and their home is approved. To be approved you must be not on parole. But of course if you rent your lease may prohibit him from living with you.

As to the programs he must finish those are usually regulated by the judge or parole board. 120 day treatment is just that. It does not include the time you are in reception or other locations.

Urinmythoughts
10-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Actually it isnt treatment. It is 120 day shock and from my understanding time starts when you enter the DOC system. You can be in reception and diagnostics and the time is ticking. County jail isnt DOC so therefore that time doesnt count.

Kim

Urinmythoughts
10-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok have another 120 day question ;-) My fiance asked me to find out if no one knows for sure here ill call his public defender but he is not much help;-)

He told me today in court when the judge was rambling so fast he mentioned something about 90 days/120 days/150 days . A guy in with him told him it is possible to get out on 90 with excellent behavior. I told him dont count on it. I thought 120 day swas 120 regardless of your behavior. This isnt the treatment program just shock. Has anyone else ever heard this, had this happen or know for sure?

Kim

Christy
10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
There are classes that he can take (anger management, etc) there are also AA, NA type groups. He should go to school if he doesn't have his GED. He should also try and get a job while in. There are many thing he can do to show that he is making the best of his time.

I am not 100% about when the time starts for the 120 day. For the women, it's the same because there are only 2 prisons for them and both include R&D. The men may be slightly different, but I don't know for sure.

As for where he can live, as was said, any place that is approved by the PO he can parole to.

It is possible to get out early on the 120 day, but never count on it at all. Prepare to do the entire time. It's easier that way. It's also not common for someone to get out early on the 120 day.