View Full Version : Parole Hearing Happened

tinatex
06-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Well Hubby got his parole hearing today.......
NOT good news. To make a long story short, even though he has never gotten any tickets and done everything they have asked him to do they are going to make him complete the CRA program before thay will grant him parole. It lasts ANOTHER nine months. My family and friends are trying to be supportive by saying "it's not that long, it will go by fast" or "It could be worse" but you know what .....to me it IS that long and I DONT CARE if it could be worse. To me its not just nine months. To me its...
The first day of Kindergarten, Another Halloween, Another Thanksgiving, Another Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day
Well you get my point.
On top of the prison crap that we are going through I have a teenager that is giving me a little bit of a run for my money (typical teenager, more interested in girls, cars and music than school) and my little guy (he's 5) has to be evaluated for learning and mood disorders
(Dad has a couple that unfortunately went undiagnosed and thats part of what got us here, although now that he is diagnosed he is doing fantastic) So anyway it is a little tough dealing with this stuff on my own. I mean it's not something I CAN'T do but would just be nice to be able to have the support that I need too.
It sounds like I am having a pity party but I almost always see the brighter side and it's just getting harder and harder....we all know when it rains it pours, work, kids, house, prison.......
Tomorrow will be better. Thanks for listening.

shiva65
06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry tina to hear about the "let down"
Everyone is entitled to be on the pity pot.. we can even had a pity party..
I hear you ......... it gets soo hard to be happy, and strong at times.. I m on the pity pot and may be for awhile sooo we can hang out together..

Keep posting . we are here for you..!! hold on and stay strong.

ps. I HATE TEENAGERS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna

Snpetitedd
06-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm so sorry he didn't get parole :( I'm worried that i'll be in the same boat with you come september. If parole denies Jay it's another 10 months to go and yes I can understand when you say it's not "just" another 9 months its holy crap another 9 months? it is a long time and it does suck to think of all the additional time but you'll make it through those 9 months the same way you've made it this far, one day at a time. Get out that cry pillow girl and have yourself a pitty celebration if you need to ;)

shiva65
06-09-2006, 08:54 AM
snippy it's gonna be okay i know your man will make it. sounds like he is doing a great job .. minding his business and doin his time...

HE WILL MAKE PAROLE...!

Donna

Isabel Solidad
06-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Yarg, i hear all of you. I've been bummed out lately, too. His lawyer just called me to tell me they want to add two years on to his sentence. The way i figure it, if i just set myself up to think in terms of the worst case scenario, then i'll be elated if anything better happens. It's like reverse optimism or something. :rolleyes:

Wah. See, still smiling.

shiva65
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
issy.. bella!!!!
you are goin make it through this..!! your a fighter..
Like my motto

HOLD ON GIRLS IT S A ROUGH RIDE..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I trying to sound positive to fool myself :(

I am gonna laugh today...

Donna

Aimee1
06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
I am sorry it will be another 9 months. :( We have parole coming up too, and I understand how nerve wracking it is to have your life in someone else's hands. I hope the 9 months goes by fast for you guys. :grouphug:

pristock230
06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
My man has Parole coming up in MA in the next 2 months...He has not completed the CRA program either but has been on the list since he has been sentenced!!! It's not his fault he hasn't got called for it!!! I guess we won't be getting parole either!! Thanks MA DOC!!!

Snpetitedd
06-09-2006, 03:44 PM
thanks Shiva I know he's gona get parole cuz if he doesn't he'll have to answer to me ;) hahahaha

tinatex
06-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Thank you everyone for putting in your 2 cents....sometimes thats worth more than a million dollars:o . I think he is just as upset as me but he is hiding it better. He did every single thing they told him to do plus more, never got a single ticket, no fights or problems so I know he is equally frustrated. But it is always nice when he shows his concern for our family. It shows me that he is learning to become far more selfless and I don't ALWAYS have to be a rock. In a funny way it comforts me. I wish everybody so much luck with there parole hearings!:thumbsup:

Oh and pristock230 even though he is on the list for CRA, if he hasn't started it by the time his hearing comes maybe they won't take it into consideration. I am pretty sure from what I have heard that they consider it more if they already started it. They want them to finish. Who knows what is in there minds. Good Luck anyway

pristock230
06-09-2006, 06:54 PM
well parole is soon and who knows if he will have started the program in the next 2 months. It's crazy. There are tens of thousands of inmates that are suppose to complete this program yet the class is so small!!!

Keep your head up!!