View Full Version : How long can police hold you for another county to come pick you up?

needhelp31
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM
:confused: My boyfriend is locked up and we just sent money for him to post bail , but he has a hold on him from another county. How long does the other county have to come pick him up before he can be released?

Maryss
06-09-2006, 05:51 AM
I don't know what state you are in but my son was picked up in Alabama and he was told Mississippi had 3 days to come and get him or AL had to release him but MS came on the 3rd day. Don't know if this helps but I thought I wld share

DJB's Wife
06-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I think each county sets their own limit on how long they will hold someone. In Wayne County, it's just a few days.

missingj
06-26-2006, 08:19 PM
As long as they want or so it seems. My fiance was picked up on a traffic warrent he has been sentenced and is supposed to get out on the 15th. But we have another warrent we found out in another county. They say it could be a week ormore before he is transfered. If I don't come up with the money to get him out.

MissinHimAllDay
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
:confused: I'm so confused. My boyfriend was told New York has two weeks to come and get him or he wouldbe released but today his PO says they have a 60-day hold on him....What is the truth??