View Full Version : info needed on eastern and lee county

CHAD'S GIRL
06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Hello, Chad called me last night and asked me to check into eatern and lee county, he's currently at little sandy but is thinking about transfering to one of those 2 places I searched the web and i can't find any info for lee county the only place i could find is lee adjustment center is that considered "lee county"? If anyone could please give me some info on these places and let me know how visiting is at these 2 places i would greatly apprecheate it... thanks

his forever
06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
my boyfriend used to be at easteren, i never did visit him there, however i did hear it was very hard there for the inmates,and visits were very strict. but i really dont know like i said i have never been there. Lee county, he is currently there. he has been there for 4 months and i have been there 2 times to see him. as far as visits go, i think they are pretty cool. very laid back, only one metal decator you go through. they allow you to get up and go to the bathroom and vending machines as much as you like. the inmates can only get up to go to the bathroom. there is nothing for kids to do. all visits are inside. and i have stayed anywhere from 6 to 7 hours a visit. They come around and ask how long you plan on staying during your visit. They do have count around 330. the town is very small, there is 1 to 2 hotels there not a lot to do. The prison is privately owned, so there is guys from all over the US. They really don't have cells, it is one big dorm building blocked off like office cubbies. Sean says its not that bad there. his only problem with it is it is in the mountains, i am 6 months pragnant and will not be able to make that drive this winter, so he is looking into transfering closer to louisville. if you need anything else feel free to pm me. good luck to you all.

CoopsBabygirl
06-11-2006, 10:39 PM
My baby was at Eastern until last month. The visits were horrible. He was in the honor dorm so could have visits Sat Sun and Mon. On visit they come in and are seated facing the guard and cannot get up or touch you after the initial hug and kiss. I found myself hollering across the room to tell him what was in the snack and sandwich machines. My baby is black as most of you can see by the picture and most of the guards are very racist there. He was stopped going to the guards numerous times and taken to basement for questioning them saying he disobeyed his sgt or whatever term he used to call them. He did not like being there and when he first went there stayed in the hole. After adjusting and learning to bite his tongue he did ok just didnt care for the visitations. He has transferred to Western and loves it and so do I. The visits are awesome.

CHAD'S GIRL
06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys for your help...I'll let him know what you've told me when he calls wednesday. Like I said earlier he is currently at little sandy and they have recently invorced some new rules such as no holding hands and plus I have 2 small children and there is apsolutley nothing for them to do there, he has his six months clear conduct in there so he was wanting to move somewhere where the visiting is'nt so strict and that there is a little something for kid's to do and since i am from west virgina lee county and eastern is'nt that much farther for me to drive.thanks again for your help..

CoopsBabygirl
06-14-2006, 05:39 PM
CHAD'S GIRL~You are very much welcome and yea don't go to Eastern. Northing there for the kids to do. You cannot hold hands, we did that on first visit because you used to be able to. He had not had a visit in a long time and didnt know and was called out by a guard. From then on we were watched intensely and other than getting to talk with each other and look at each other did not like the visits ther. I am including one of our newest pictures here and when I get the ones we took in the play yard I will post them for you to see. We in front of the kiddie wall here :D

his forever
06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
From what i hear everyone likes Western, i said something to my boyfriend about trying to transferred there, and he is dead set against it.. He said he didnt have a reason, but the way he kept saying NO i kind of wonder...

CoopsBabygirl
06-15-2006, 04:15 AM
his forever~wish he would have said why. I cannot see anyone not liking Western. The whole atmosphere is really laid back and the vists are love. If he ever says why let us know please. Take care all and have a great day

CHAD'S GIRL
06-15-2006, 07:41 AM
HMMM, I could'nt open the attatched picture for some reason... I would have liked to seen it...

his forever
06-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Coops---i really don't know why he does not want to go to Western. From what i heard Western is the place to be. But he is dead set against it. It really bothers me, and he won't tell me why... I am going to bring it up in visit so i can see his face. i will let you know.

CoopsBabygirl
06-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Chads~I am not sure why you cant get the picture. I am still trying to figure out how to put pictures in the bottom of posts but mine come up as attachments:( I'm putting the other 2 we took in the play yard the one we looking at each other is like a wooden bridge, the other is self explanatory I was in the swing...LOL...but soon as we took the pictures we had to get out of it...its only for the kids :clap:

his forever~I was on visit yesterday and I mentioned people not wanting to come to western and he said its probably because of the reputation. A large percentage there have sex crimes. Rape, child and adult and they are tough on womens dress code and little girls. But he said its because if something wrong is said to anyone visiting that inmate will pay for it once back in the dorms. He has almost went off twice for an inmate looking at me the wrong way. I try to keep him outside at one of the tables to keep him occupied I truthfully think we get the stares because hes black and I'm white. But in my eyes love has no color so I could care less what they thinking.

His nieces and nephews love to visit there. They get happy when the mention of going to see Uncle Chris comes up.

He transferred to Western only so we could have more contact on visit and he could move around. Holding hands, making loops, visiting the snack machines and being outside the whole time...yea the visits are awesome.

his forever
06-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Coops--i really don't know why he doesn't want to go to Western, i have not brought it up again. Part on me thinks, there is a perasonal reason why, i know when he was in Blackburn, he got into a lot of fights and was moved to Eddyville from there, i can only guess that is the reason. We as well are an inter-racial couple with bi-racial children and so far at Lee county we have not had any problems.... Who knows what his reasons are, if i had my choice (next to home) i would have him in lagrange....

CoopsBabygirl
06-26-2006, 01:13 PM
his forever~I hear ya on next to home. I think Western is as close as it gets to home for him. He wants to go to a halfway house when he gets close to the end but I am sure his charge wont let him but he said he's happy at Western and wont mind serving out there. At one time he wanted to go there because an inmate that was involved with him and his charges snitched and he only got 5 years, Chris and one other got 10 and the other 3 got 5 so he has a get back problem. That dude is now in Lagrange so I dont want Chris there or he could be behind that fence way more than 18 more months. Not sure where Lagrange is but Eddyville is right up the road from Western. Western is very country and we get watched closely but we dont care let em look, they looking at 2 awesomely happy people so we dont mind at all.

CHAD'S GIRL
06-30-2006, 08:06 AM
I finally got to view your pictures, I'm not real sure why It would'nt let me view them before. They are really good, my favorites are the ones outside..I'm still talking to chad about transfering there he's not so sure if he wants to since it's so far away from me.. but i'm trying to explain to him how much better the visets would be, where he is now he has to stay seated and now they've made it that we can't even hold hands.. So to me a farther drive would be well worth it just to be able to hold is hand and walk around with him, and the playground would definintly be great for our boys since they get pretty restless at viset..

CoopsBabygirl
07-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Yes, the outside ones are my favorite too. Thats where we love to be the whole time we there. I understand Chad's concern on the distance, wanting to stay close is a big concern. Green River would have been lots closer for me but Western visits are soooo nice that its as close to home as he wanted to come. I love the visits so I'll make the drive :) Chris was at Eastern. He came in gave me hug brief kiss and then never left his seat unless he had to go to restroom. He was called out on our first visit because we was holding hands and it had been so long since he visited he didn't know that privelege was gone. Western is lovely, we hold hands the whole visit, walk inside to the snack machines together and he actually gets to use the microwave...they just cannot touch any money which is fine with us because all the other luxuries on visit are beautiful. The boys definitely would love the playground. We get to take pictures in it but are chased out soon as the pictures are done...definitely only for the kdis but visiting parents can sit in there on the wooden bridges and things built in there. Just cant leave the shortys unattended or the guard will call you out.

WaitN4Him
07-04-2006, 02:24 PM
O'm kind of late posting on here but we did everything that we could to keep him from going to Eastern. It's not a nice place and visits are supposed to be the worst. So far the best he has been at is KSP. He actually said time is going by pretty good for him there. The plan is to get him moved to Western in the next year. That's were we both want him to end up doing the rest of his time at.

CoopsBabygirl
07-04-2006, 07:07 PM
WaitN~you

CoopsBabygirl
07-04-2006, 07:14 PM
WaitN~Western visits are love...purely love and Chris said its hard to get in trouble there. Not sure what he means by that one. Eastern was horrible. He spent Almost 7 years there and was happy to get away from there. Good luck on getting him to Western, I really think you will both enjoy him being there. Chris has slacked on his writing but is staying busy with work and all the rec offered there. He's been there a little over 2 months and it seems like he just got there for both of us. The visits keep me on a high for days and in the honor dorm the calls are 30 minutes and cheaper than 2 15 minute calls. Western is definitely the place to be I think. My prayers will be with you two on getting him there.

CoopsBabygirl
07-04-2006, 07:15 PM
oh yea sorry about the broken replies...aol kicked me off in the midst of replying sorry
Take care and have a greattttt night