View Full Version : Can I transfer my Parole from one county to another?

DW001
06-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm about to be transfered to Colorado from Ohio via the ICAOS process. I will be in Pueblo and would like to know if I can transfer to another county (like Boulder) once I'm in the State? Does anyone have any knowledge about this process?

Thank you for your time.

DW001 :)

seansbabyluv
06-05-2006, 07:56 PM
My hubby originally paroled to Boulder County from Buena Vista and after his 90 days of ISP were complete, moved in with me in Denver. Tranferring his parole to Denver was a cinch; it's all under the state anyway, just the office locations change. You just need to tell your parole officer that you are moving to a different county and he/she will put the transfer through. Ask them how much time they need to complete the transfer so you can plan accordingly.

Cindy

NotSoPatiently
06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Ed tried to transfer his parole from Mesa County to Montrose County and they denied it. They gave him special permission to go out of County to work instead so we had to wait till he was off parole to move. They gave him the reason that the case loads in Montrose County were already to full and had to save any room there was for all the people who already live in Montrose County and getting ready to be paroled.

I hope you are able to do what you need to to make it simplier for your move.

Retired - S
06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
My husband is currently on Parole in Pueblo and has talked with his PO about transferring to Colorado Springs, and he is fine with it as long as he approves the house first.

DW001
06-08-2006, 07:20 AM
I have had considerable concern about transfering my Parole to Pueblo from Ohio. I heed to be in CO, but could only find a place in Pueblo to move to. I did have a Parolee tell me once that Pueblo was not the place to be Paroled to.

I will have to do 5 years of Parole and I'm concerned about the Pueblo office. So let me ask...

1) Should I expect travel restrictions, I will need to drive all over the state working either for someone or in my own business?

2) How unproffessional are the Line Officers?

Any information would calm my nerves a bit, Thanks to you all...

Retired - S
06-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Well I know that my husbands history has a lot to do with his freedom he gets right now on Parole...He hasn't done anything wrong during his whole time he has been in the system. So they are pretty lieneant on him. He is able to commute every day to work in the springs. They are very nice to him and like I said pretty lienient. Now I don't know your circumstances or anything so its hard to say...how they would treat you.

seansbabyluv
06-08-2006, 07:55 AM
You are transferring your parole from Ohio correct? Then Colorado is obligated under the Interstate Compact Agreement to abide by the sending states' parole conditions. So if you have any restrictions under your parole with Ohio, Colorado must go by those restrictions until they are changed. You need to talk to your PO in Ohio and see what restrictions you will be under. Colorado cannot add additional restrictions on you, they are only supposed to supervise your parole for Ohio.

Hope that helps.

Cindy

DW001
06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Salina and Cindy,
Thank you so much for the information, I can breath easier...

I just did the complete 7 years without a single conduct report and the time on Parole is without incident... So I should be allowed the most leanent of suppervision. I think you both have given me the comfort I needed, If the Parole Office down there was really out of control you would have mentioned it clearly by now.. So thanks so much...

Searcher
06-08-2006, 05:19 PM
The receiving state (CO) CAN add any special condition that could be imposed upon you if you had been convicted in there state, per Interstate Compact Rules (rule 4.103). I do it all the time and most states do if the sending states conditions don't fit into the sending states supervision norms.

Searcher

NotSoPatiently
06-08-2006, 07:38 PM
We have a friend who just recently transfered parole from here (Montrose County) to Pueblo. I called him and asked thecircumstances and he said they are acctually a bit more lienient than they were here. He works all over the East Slope and they have no problems with it as long as they have a way to verify he is where he said he would be. He said they kinda got uptight once when they called his boss and he had went to a different location so they were not able to acctually talk to Jimmy on the phone but his boss assured them he was where he was suppose to be and they got over it. He is alot happier with the parole there than he was here thats is for sure.

Hope all goes well with your move. I am sure it will all work out good for you, and probably will be easy to transfer to Boulder if needed also, we just tried to transfer somewhere to small and understaffed for the case load. They wouldn't even except Ed (my hubby) in ComCor here this time around cuz they were to overloaded still.