View Full Version : information on CRC

gimmyx2
07-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Hello to all I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with some information on CRC in Orient, OH. My question is concerning visitation. Do you have to wait until you are approved for visitation or can immediate family go to visit right away? I have been told different things just thought I would ask on here to see if anyone had that information. Thanks a bunch!

Susan Martin
07-23-2003, 09:07 AM
You have to be approved to vist in Ohio. The inmate sets up his visiting list while in CRC.
Any time you have questions about visiting, mail, etc. you can call the institution and find out. The institutions are all listed on the OH DRC website. The phone numbers and some information is shown (including visiting hours).

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/

becky22002
07-26-2003, 01:52 PM
My cousin is in the crc orient. He has only been there for about one week. He was sentenced to four years. I just came across this site. Does anyone know if the CRC is just a short term thing where inmates go until they get a "home prison" or would that be a place that he would stay?....I have not had any communication with him yet. I just found out on Thursday where he is and everything. But you better believe that letter was in the mail the next morning!

debssecrets
07-26-2003, 03:56 PM
My son just went into CRC in Orient Ohio on July 17th. I phoned them and they told me that he had put me on his list and that I would be allowed to visit him on Aug 1. And that I had to bring his and my Birth Certificates and a picture ID for myself ( dricers lis) when i come for the visit. They said the visitations are set up on Fridays depending on my sons DOC number. So I have 6 days to go to get to see him.

gimmyx2
07-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Oh my goodness debssecrets that is the same day my son went to CRC. I called also and they told me about the same information. She also told me that the first two days there that they are given 2 envelopes and the visitation list and a page of rules or instructions which is to be sent home but so far I haven't heard anything!!! Maybe Monday??? His day for visits is Tuesday so I am going and very excited to see him. I will let you know how it goes when I get back. It was so nice of you to give the info though. Have a good visit with your son when you go Friday. Finally I will get to hug my son it has been too long!!

gimmyx2
07-26-2003, 09:13 PM
becky22002 CRC is the reception center where they go until they go to there home prison. I saw a post on here where someone had been there for 4 months but it was my understanding they only stay about a month. I guess we will see. Take care!

kookie
07-27-2003, 07:45 AM
My fiance has been in crc for 4 months waiting to be moved. There is a long waiting list for where he is going. He told me they stay there for a couple of weeks or for months. I cant even vist him they are very strict on visits. Only family and wives can visit and you have to proof that too. His own mother cant even see him she cant find his birth cert. I was supposed to visit him for a special vist they get that after 90 days of being there. But they denied that too. crc sucks

Kookie

kmeg
07-27-2003, 01:29 PM
You do deffinately have to wait for approval. I called and talked to some moron after my husband was transfered to CRC from County and he said we could visit after he was only there for 5 days. So we drove 12 hours and got turned away at the "gate". Ever since then I spoke directly with Lt. Halithol who at that time took care of the visitation- he was very nice and ok'd weekennd visits for myself and our kids because of the long drive.
When going for a visit try to get there early and get in with the first group, because if you plan on feeding your loved one, the vending machines empty VERY quickly.
On occaision there are guys that complete their sentances at CRC- Frank had told me of a couple and they weren't Cadre inmates. I think it depends on the conviction.
CJ

Koko45449
07-27-2003, 09:33 PM
My fiance is in CRC. He has been there since May. He will be there for at least six more months until he is transferred to a treatment center called North Coast. N.C. is only a thirteen week program. This means I may not get to see him unil a month before he is supposed to be released. He wil 75% of his time at the no-fiance allowed CRC.

gimmyx2
07-28-2003, 06:22 AM
"KO" So sorry you won't be able to see him for that long but I sure hope and pray that all goes well for you both.

Koko45449
07-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Thank you gimmyx2 :)
I am sure that all we be fine! We just write one another a lot and try to coordinate calls. They recently approved my number so I look forward to at least getting to talk to him. Any idea how much these calls cost?

becky22002
07-31-2003, 03:24 PM
what is a cadre inmate?

Koko45449
07-31-2003, 04:04 PM
What does it mean when a person becomes a trustee?

kmeg
07-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Cadre inmates are those that work for the prison for the duration of their sentance, they have seperate dorms and generally have more rights than the reception inmates. My hubby said he didn't know they had trustees at crc, but wasn't sure what they were either..sorry on that one.
cj

kookie
08-02-2003, 07:42 AM
Carde means that is there parent prison they stay there dont get moved no where I dont know what a trustee is I will ask my fiance he is in crc a reception inmate

Kookie

kookie
08-02-2003, 07:46 AM
The call I get from crc cost $6.50 for 15 min. It kinda of expensive.

Kookie

Koko45449
08-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Good news my fiance was moved to parent prison (prayer changes things). Thanks for all the support, you guys are great.