View Full Version : Inmate Assaulted -- Ridgeland Correctional Institution

Kahlan
05-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Inmate Assaulted at Ridgeland Correctional Institution

Ridgeland, SC--May 9, 2006--On Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at approximately 8:10 p.m., Inmate James Nimmons, B/M, SCDC# 256446 was assaulted following an argument by Inmate Lorenzo Grate, SCDC# 302223 in the Savannah Unit A-Wing at the Ridgeland Correctional Institution. Inmate Nimmons complained of difficulty breathing and numbness from the neck down. Medical treatment was immediately afforded to Inmate Nimmons and he was initially transported by EMS to Coastal Carolina Medical Center. However, Inmate Nimmons was subsequently transported to the MUSC by EMS. Inmate Grate is serving a six (6) year eighteen (18) month sentence for Heroine Possession and Shoplifting. Inmate Nimmons is serving a fifteen (15) year sentence for Criminal Sexual Conduct-2nd Degree, Burglary-2nd Degree, Crack Possession and Failure to Return Rental Property. All appropriate notifications were made to include SLED.

From SCDC Website: http://sword.doc.state.sc.us/incident-pr/listPressReleases.do

OhioBigSister
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Kahlan......My brother was incarcerated at Lieber in 1987 and recently transferred to Evans...He goes up for parole Feb. 2007.....He has worked hard during is time at Lieber and now at Evans, he has NO chance for a job for months.....He is in a cell with 2 other Lifer's (they house them together, no chance to change).....they are chain-smokers and my brother is not......He can't get forms to be sent to me since I have moved in the last couple weeks, so no phone calls.....He is soooo isolated and depressed.....I need to get him transferred back in the vicinity of his community, family and friends....My other brother lives in Walterboro, so he suggested Ridgeland....After reading your note about the assault, I'm wondering what the conditions are there??? I need this information as soon as possible....I am petitioning SCDC for a Hardship Transfer. Any advice you can offer will be welcomed.................BigSis

Kahlan
06-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Is there any place closer than Richland? At one time, I would have recommended Richland, but things seem to have changed there.

brokenhart2
07-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I had a friend of mine who died in Ridgeland today. He was denied proper
medical attention. He died around 4am we are told but the prison didn't notify his family until after 1pm this afternoon.:angry: If you have any family at Ridgeland note that it isn't a safe place for them to be and stay on your knees praying for their safety.

gidgit046
07-20-2006, 06:02 PM
My husband is at Ridgeland Correctional. What happened to your friend? Sorry to hear about him.

innie
07-21-2006, 08:32 AM
my son is there. i am so sorry for your friend. i will say a prayer for you and his family,
god bless
innie

Shabba
08-19-2007, 04:30 PM
My best friend is at Ridgeland. It seems like a pretty ok place.