View Full Version : legal advise... How Do I Get the My Probation Conditions Changed in Missouri

05-14-2006, 09:41 PM
How can I have the conditions of my probation changed?

05-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I got put on probation and it is a s.e.s. and would like to have it changed to a s.i.s. ....How do I do it ????

05-16-2006, 12:16 PM
I would suggest writing a letter to the judge who handled your case. I don't think your PO has the power to change your conditions.

10-28-2007, 02:06 PM
The PO does not have the power or authority to change conditions of probation, but they can recommend to the Court that the conditions be changed. Your attorney can also ask the Court to modify your conditions.

An SES probation is a Suspended Execution of Sentence which is a conviction. An SIS probation is Suspended Imposition of Sentence and is not a conviction as nothing has been imposed. I do not believe that the Courts change an SES to an SIS very often. Its most likely that a Court would revoke an SIS probation and order a new SES probation when a violation occurs.

11-01-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm kind of late to posting in this thread but wonder why you would want it changed? If you feel you may violate or are facing a violation if you go in front of the judge with an SIS he can impose whatever sentence the crime carries..if you go in with an SES he is limited to the origianl sentence as a max. ( husbands SES was revoked, had 5 years, when the judge revoked he was resentenced to 3 years to be concurrent with the current bid).
It may look better on your record, I guess, i hadnt considered that. But the difference the court will see is that they convicted you and are giving you a chance to stay out of prison, they arent likely to change their minds..they want you to know you are facing prison time if you dont complete.