View Full Version : How do I find out who snitched on my case?

jo2xice
05-08-2006, 01:42 PM
i got busted because i know for sure somebody or someone had snitch me,
im still fighting my case and ive been trying to find out who snitch me? on the search warrant it only mention the person that gave me up is mr.x? im wondering and needing help in finding out who snitch me? is there a way for me to find out who? i ask my lawyer but he wont tell me or he dosent know? is there a way of finding out who snitch me??? what other ways should i do to find out who gave me up???thanks and goodluck jo2xice

GAVINGURL
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
When My Fiance' Was Turn Up By A Informat Which Is A Snitch He Got A Sale Charge And Was Charged With A Sale Of Cocaine. When He Got An Lawyer, His Lawyer Got This Thing Called An Motion Of Discovery And Called Him In And Had The Pictures And The Tape And The Snitches Name.

Ravenslove
05-08-2006, 09:28 PM
When My Fiance' Was Turned in By An Informant, Which Is also known as a Snitch, He was charged with selling Cocaine. When He Got A Lawyer, His Lawyer Got a Motion Of Discovery And Called Him In And Had The Pictures And The Tape as well as The Snitches Name.

In Ohio the informant aka the Snitch is protected and you would not be able to get the name.

InlovewithCoca
05-08-2006, 10:44 PM
There has to be a police report of the incident which you are facing charges for. It HAS to include where they got their information from--my boy was snitched on, but I look at it as if he wasn't breaking the law than he wouldn't have got in trouble...he was to get caught eventually. Good luck!

mrsford
05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
You have the right to face your accuser, which in this case is the snitch. Your lawyer should be able to get this information for you. It is one of your Constitutional rights. Sometimes the cops play games, in my husband's case they switched the last name to the first name and first to last, but ultimately we were given that information. If you are refused the right to face your accuser, your attorney can ask for a dismissal. Continue to demand to know who your accuser is. Have your lawyer file any paperwork he needs to file. It took us a few weeks to get the information, but we had it before it was time for court. Good luck.

BillieJo
05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
from what I understand in WI you can buy copies of the files on record for a fee. this has to include the informant info somewhere.... at least here in WI it does.

I wish you the best in this endeavor.

HardHeadedWoman
05-09-2006, 01:19 AM
From your post I notice you didnt deny the allegations of what the snitch snitched on you about so I assume you got caught and is guilty of it? If so I would be more concerned about the evidence they have against you and how to clean yourself up.

Doc's Sis
05-09-2006, 04:16 AM
I also think you should be talking with your attorney about facing the charges against you instead of being so consumed with wanting to find out who told the police about you. Sounds as if you are guilty of whatever it was, so maybe this is a wake up call for you to turn your life around. Work on YOU and don't be consumed with bitterness or hatred toward anyone.

Phadera
05-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Just saying your up to something does not get you arrested. You actually have to be doing it. They caught you "doing it." Your bad.

Sorry but perhaps you should take this time to organize your thoughts and do away with the behavure that got you nailed. :cool:

MandyMeMe
05-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Gosh you all are really stating the truth on this one. I like that, i guess life is not as fair as we may think it is. Most of the time if there are 2 or more involved then there is that high chance of getting caught. Just remember to go solo next time! Sometimes here on PTO we hear things we dont like-but most of those things we hear is the honest to God truth-and that's why we dont like to hear them!! Good Luck with your case.

gamma577
05-09-2006, 08:24 AM
im still fighting my case and ive been trying to find out who snitch me? on the search warrant it only mention the person that gave me up is mr.x? im wondering and needing help in finding out who snitch me? is there a way for me to find out who? i ask my lawyer but he wont tell me or he dosent know? is there a way of finding out who snitch me??? what other ways should i do to find out who gave me up???thanks and goodluck jo2xice:slap:So you feel you were snitch on,Well lets start off with why you feel that away.May be one of your younger friends got busted for a crime you both could be guilty of and why should he or she get blame for it by them selves.I know its hard and it can be scarey but the truth is you are amitting to your guilt.I dont know you and I am sorry that this has happen but think,were you in the right?My son went away with out snitching on his friends and they got less time then him and he needed the time because I did not want to have to bury someone I love(Can you understand that?):confused:Is it worth your time to find this person because all it means is you want something more then a name(so really think about it okay)Dont put yourself into something more for a name.I do wish you all the luck and keep me informed with an update if you can.Take care jo2xice and pray to god to guide you in the right path and he shall help you...Take care Gamma577:thumbsup:

Ranger
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
I agree with everyone...be concerned with the evidence as appose to who? the only good knowing the snitch is that he/she could have used you to plea bargain. Could be your partner in crime? Are you guilty alone or did anyone else have a hand in it?

nashaye
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
i know for a fact if you get a copy of your transcript it will have the snitch name in it good luck dont hurt him when you find him lol

Gryphon
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM
im still fighting my case and ive been trying to find out who snitch me? on the search warrant it only mention the person that gave me up is mr.x? im wondering and needing help in finding out who snitch me? is there a way for me to find out who? i ask my lawyer but he wont tell me or he dosent know? is there a way of finding out who snitch me??? what other ways should i do to find out who gave me up???thanks and goodluck jo2xice
Here's the law:
If teh snitch was used to get a warrant, that warrant is filed and is a public record. It'll have a different number than the case, but you can cross reference the warant file number to the criminal case. The warrant includes the officer's affidavit, and that's where the snitch info is revealed. However the officer will not name names in the affidavit. The snitch will be called a CI, for Confidential Informant. Many times you can guess who teh snitch is based on teh information provided to the police.
IF and only if the snitch is a material witness in the case for some reason; then the attorney can choose to file a motion to disclose the identity of the informant.
A snitch that causes an arrest without a warrant can seldom be identified via discovery. If the prosecutor doesn't need the snitch, and the snitch isn't a relevant defense witness, then the identity will remain undisclosed.

steelersmom
05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
That is withholding evidence! They cannot do that. Get your discovery package. They HAVE to tell you!

Strasse
05-15-2006, 08:57 PM
There has to be a police report of the incident which you are facing charges for. It HAS to include where they got their information from

Sure. It can very well say "CI" though. (Confidential Informant.)

You have the right to face your accuser, which in this case is the snitch.

Sort of. If the cops / prosecution are going to bring out the snitch at trial, you have a right to cross-examine. If the cops, acting on a tip from a CI (or anonymous source with enough information to be credible), go out and bust someone red-handed, then the cops and the evidence are what's "accusing" you, offered in court to be challenged. The snitch never has to be called to testify.

There's all sorts of caselaw on this, from the Supreme Court (so, binding on all lower U.S. courts). See, e.g.:

Draper v. United States (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=358&invol=307), 358 U.S. 307 (1959)
Aguilar v. Texas (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=378&invol=108), 378 U.S. 108 (1964)
Spinelli v. United States (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=us&vol=393&invol=410), 393 U.S. 410 (1969)
Illinois v. Gates (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=462&invol=213), 462 U.S. 213 (1983)

Strasse
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
That is withholding evidence! They cannot do that. Get your discovery package. They HAVE to tell you!

Only if they intend to introduce the snitch as a witness at trial.

counciller
05-19-2006, 07:31 PM
SIXTH AMENDMENT - "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence." U.S. Const. amend. VI.

klc---if their is an affiant in your case (affiant is the one who filed an affidavit saying you commited a crime) then the sixth amendment to the us constitution guarantees you the right to question/confront that particular accuser...
however if you entered a plea agreement with the state and have been convicted for the crime then you will have a hell of a time trying to locate MR X...

kedeslady
05-22-2006, 09:00 AM
My brother's friend "snitched" on him by wearing a wire. He come into the house and bought some weed from him. My brother just sold him some from his own personal stash (he was not a dealer by far). His so called friend was trying to get some charges dropped off him so he made a deal with the solicitor to give him my brother. The next thing he knows the County Boys were busting down his door and turned the house inside out. They only found a small amount of weed but they still charged him with Distribution to a Reliable Informant. My brother just went to court last month (that happened in Jan 2004) and he got 30 months probation. His lawyer gave him the tape that was recorded from the guy wearing the wire & he also gave him the name of the guy before the court date. He told him he could take a plea bargain for probation or risk going to court and that guy showing up and then the judge giving him 5 years in prison. He didn't want to risk it because he is still in college. Now he can't get federal aid or even get a job after he gets his degree because most employers around here won't give you a job if you have a criminal record. Just because this guy who is doing nothing with his life couldn't face his own charges. It's crazy. But don't even worry about it - like someone else said just focus on any other evidence they may have on you.

Ex-lifer
05-25-2006, 01:06 PM
What good is it to know who ratted on you? As an ex-prisoner who was ratted on, I don't feel anything negative to my crime partners who snitched on me and didn't spend time in prison. Why? Because I realize that they were doing duty to society. Why is it that we look negatively on people who tell on other people. I know that everyone would want to know if someone broke into their house or hurt their loved one, right? But, look how crazy we are. On the one hand we want a guy to tell us who broke into our house, but on the other hand we are going to call that person a rat or a snitch. Why don't we call them a good citizen? You have no reason to know who told on you. There are only two possible reasons. First, you are planning on committing more crimes and you don't want that person involved next time. Second, you are planning on hurting that person. Either scenario isn't good for you or for society. If you are innocent of that which you are accused of, then you have nothing to worry about.

Dino's Wifey
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I was able to get the names ages and addresses of my hubby's snitches just by looking at his case files.

Pistol_mama
10-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Ok I'm replying to Dino's Wifey or anyone that can give me advice on what to do. My baby daddy is being told by his dope head g/f that I snitched on him and I think she is the one who did it. Anyways how can I find out who did if anyone really did. I know that I didn't snitch however I want to be able to show him proof that I really didn't.

Straight
11-01-2012, 02:59 PM

No, you got busted for criminal behavior. You broke the law, remember? That's WHY you got busted.

The snitch might have helped lead things that way, but for all I know, the snitch broke NO laws. You did. And anyway, what would you do if you knew who it was?

Sorry dude, deal with it.

yourself
11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Ok I'm replying to Dino's Wifey or anyone that can give me advice on what to do. My baby daddy is being told by his dope head g/f that I snitched on him and I think she is the one who did it. Anyways how can I find out who did if anyone really did. I know that I didn't snitch however I want to be able to show him proof that I really didn't.

You can't - you have no standing to have that info released to you. Should he go to trial, that info may come out (only if it's needed for the conviction. Many times, it's not necessary for the conviction and informants, especially CIs can keep their CI status). YOu're not charged with anything. Should you feel threatened, you can contact the police and get an order of protection.

Since "snitching" isn't a crime, you don't even have standing for a civil case to shut her up, unless it becomes an issue of harassment.

hockey44
11-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Before anybody tries to find out about the 'snitches' that ruined their life, it's probably best to Google 'sentence guidelines for witness intimidation'.