View Full Version : Women inmates wearing shorts ??

texasgarry
05-08-2006, 12:55 PM
My wife is a "resident" of Bryan FPC in Texas. It is a Federal womens Camp. They have a new warden and the rumor is that she is about to outlaw the wearing of shorts until after 4:00pm each day and require all ladies to wear long pants and tucked in shirts. A group of the ladies asked me to get on PTO and ask if there are any other Federal womens prison camps that still allow wearing shorts. The warden is saying that Bryan FPC is the only prison camp in the country that still allows shorts so she is just falling in with the national trend. Does anyone know of any other prisons that allow shorts to be worn? thanks for the input, I will pass it along to the ladies...

SusanT
05-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow, it's not like they were short shorts, and there is certainly nothing attractive about those Khaki elastic waist shorts. I was in the Horticulture program and we worked outdoors during the hot summer months. Sounds like more punishment.

TxRhino
05-09-2006, 12:33 AM
This new Warden is fast becoming one for the books. I do not know anything about the shorts issue, but I do know some of her recent policy changes have been out there.

Keep the Faith

Michael

PS: Hi Garry. See you this weekend.

scrappydz
05-09-2006, 01:03 PM
I too was in the Horticulture Program at FPC Bryan and it certainly gets too hot for those women to be in pants out there working in the gardens, That is just crazy. texas Garry...who is your wife...how long has she been there? I was there from August 2004- Sept 2005....do I know her???
Dawn