View Full Version : Home Placement For Parole

Waitin4U
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I have another question... sorry... me and my boyfriend have lived together the entire time that we have been together and he is eligible for parole and i am told that he will not be able to parole to me. We dont have any kids together but we want to live together again when he comes home and i wanted to know if there is anyway for this to happen. I think it is completly unfair that they take him away from me for this whole time and than when he can come home they wont even let us live together. I have been to see him every week since the day he went in sometimes even two or three or four times a week and I am all he has. His own family hasnt even gone to see him so how is it fair that he could parole to his brother, who is here but never even talks to him, and not his girlfriend who has been through this whole thing with him. Sorry for venting so much but if anyone knows anyway for him to be able to be paroled to me please let me know I would really really appreciate it. Anything will help!! Thanks

BRIAN'S GIRL
05-03-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry to tell you this but there is no way they will let him parole to you unless youtwo are married, i wasn't married to my husband at first and we lived to together the whole time have a child together and it would of still been ify, the only option you have is to either marryhim or let him live with a relative for 30 days after that then he can move anywhere he wants if his parole agent approves it

Waitin4U
05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Thank u! So basically best case scenario is that after 30 days of him being home he would be able to come and live with me as long as his parole officer allows it?? Does that normally happen? Sorry for so many questions i dont know much about the whole parole thing and am trying to figure out as much as possible. Thanks for your help.

justvicki
05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, unless you are married before he is released, your BF will not be allowed to parole to your home. Additionally, he will have to have an approved home plan before he can be released even after he has made parole. I know this seems really unfair since you have been his support system for all this time.

As far as transferring after 30 days goes, that is totally dependent on his parole agent. I've seen some allow it and some will not even consider it unless you are married. I've also seen parole agents deny home plans for inmates who were planning to parole to their spouses. Don't get discouraged. The important part is that he makes parole. You can work on the rest of it together. Good luck!

robs_angel
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Sorry the ladys are right, stay strong!

tegosbabe4
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
my bf is in wv when we get married can he parole to me even if i live in pa that is where we are from

justvicki
08-04-2006, 07:45 PM
You will have to be married before he can parole to your home. Can't parole to a girlfriend. Also, he will have to file for Interstate Compact to parole out of state.

Good luck.

tegosbabe4
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
thanks we are getting married...we are waiting for his birth certificate to come back.....once again thanx

im_preshush
11-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Am I right that a person coming out on Parole...can not live on their own? Ok that wasn't even the question....Male (boyfriend part) is in FCI Morgantown. His date to go to the halfway house (prior to release/Parole) is in mid April this year (2006).
Female (girlfriend part) is doing DOC time at a Reginal Jail in Mid WV waiting opening at Lakin (female prison in WV)-she is doing state charges. Her first Parole hearing isn't until Jan 2008. Figuring she will not make it the first time :(.They both have a child together (1 1/2 yr old girl) :).
Assuming he can not live on his own when he first gets out, then by the previous posts it seems he can (with Permission) after 30 days. Fine, he can stay with his sister.
Now, what about when she gets out? They are both Felons. Is this going to prohibit them from being together?
Thanks, ~Dee~

justvicki
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Dee!

I think you would be better off to post your question in the Federal Forum since your BF is a federal inmate. The rules for federal and state inmates are very different and the Federal Forum get much more traffic. I think you would find answers to your questions much faster there.

Good luck!

im_preshush
11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
First off...not MY boyfriend..my daughter's.(no problem) :)

She is doing 2-10 (first parole date 01/2008--she has too many write ups and won't make the first one). What happens when she gets out? I am thinking she has no where to go upon leaving lock up. THEN WHAT?? If she can't stay with her boyfriend and daughter and my moronic husband has a gun collection that is his pride and joy (guns are triple locked then gun safe is double locked). He refuses to give the collection up for anyone.:angry: Sad but, true!! I have been told that no living breathing Parole Officer would allow her here, because of them, regardless of the locks.
Do they HAVE to live with FAMILY when they get out? She could probably stay with her boyfriend's sister for the 30 days.

Do you know if State Parole is at all similar to Federal? If not I understand. I will look for the Federal Forum.
~Dee~

justvicki
11-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Oops! I am so sorry. I don't know what I thought I read. :)

Federal inmates no longer see a parole board. They do 85% (I think I remember that right) of their time and are released to a halfway house then home. They remain on paper for definitive amount of time, but it is not up to a board to determine their release date. Most federal inmates know their release date almost the same day they are committed. A parole board determines when a WVDOC inmate goes home. You are right, if your daughter has a lot of disciplinary write-ups it is almost guaranteed she will not make parole the first time up. If there are too many write ups for serious infractions she is in danger of loosing good time and delaying seeing the board even longer. They can even refuse to see her or see her and flat her out until she reaches her expiration date of 5 years on 2-10 without loss of good time. I can personally attest to the fact that WV Parole Board is hard to please. :(

A home plan has to be approved by the receiving parole office/officer before an inmate can be released upon making parole. If the plan hasn't been approved the inmate remains in custody until it is even if they have made parole. You are right again, she cannot live where there are guns or weapons of any type. Doesn't matter how securely they are locked away. There cannot be any alcohol of any type either - beer, wine coolers, etc. - nothing. She doesn't necessarily have to live with a relative so it is possible that the parole officer would approve her living with her BF's sister or even getting her own apartment, but they will look at that very cautiously. However, she cannot associate with another convicted felon as long as she is on parole and neither can he as long as he is on paper. By any chance are they co-defendants? I don't know if they would make an exception since they have a child together, but I am sure they won't allow them to live together. They couldn't even get married without the approval of their parole officers.

Hope this answers your questions a little bit better than my first attempt. :)

Bunnywabbit
06-20-2008, 11:19 PM
someone please help me...my husband was eligable for parole but after just moving to a new place my landlord at the last minute did not approve of him living here ( he originally approved before i moved here) so now i have to move again and find a place where they will allow him to live...or buy my own place...i found a trailer i could afford to buy but now im wondering do i have to notify the owner of the trailer park where i move my trailer to that my husband is a felon? im so confused and i don't know what to do...and does he have to have a job before he is released? i don't know how to post so could someone help me with that also?
thanks so much and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

justvicki
06-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Welcome to PTO and the WV Forum!

I paroled to my sister's, who lives in a MHP, in 2003. While the PO did a home visit with her, the manager of the park was not notified of my status. However, my sister had lived there for several years when I was discharged.

At this point, I think you will have to be completely up front with whoever you are renting or leasing from regarding your husband's situation. The last thing you need is to purchase a mobile home and have it set up only to have to move it once someone informed management that he is a felon on parole; and that information could come from anywhere from a gossipy neighbor to his PO.

As far a having a job is concerned he does not have to have one to make parole. However, both the parole board and most POs are going to look hard at what his plans are concerning employment.

I know its confusing. Just when you think you understand, something changes. Good luck!

im_preshush
06-21-2008, 09:33 AM
My concern now would be that the Parole Board will see that you have moved around a bit and therefore not showing them stability. I have been looking to move to a better place. I told my daughter (who is still in Lakin CC) and she freaked saying, "Great Mom, now they (the Parole Board) won't let me come home to you because you are moving again." One of the PO's told me that as a rule, she would have to have her own room. I only have a 2 bedroom now. I am raising her son (for now) and so I am looking for a three bedroom.
Now, connected to the topic but, a bit off, she is doing a 2-10. She is coming up on her 3 yr. Parole date (second one). She is pretty sure, regardless of her doing excellently, they will flat her again in January. She is expecting that. She said if during the third Parole date they give her a set up going into her 4th yr she will refuse the Parole Meeting and finish her 5 yrs. Then she says she will be out without paper. She will not have restrictions about where to live etc.
Good Luck and Hugz to all,
~Dee~

someone please help me...my husband was eligable for parole but after just moving to a new place my landlord at the last minute did not approve of him living here ( he originally approved before i moved here) so now i have to move again and find a place where they will allow him to live...or buy my own place...i found a trailer i could afford to buy but now im wondering do i have to notify the owner of the trailer park where i move my trailer to that my husband is a felon? im so confused and i don't know what to do...and does he have to have a job before he is released? i don't know how to post so could someone help me with that also?
thanks so much and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

im_preshush
06-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey Vicki,
After I re-read this post, I have since spoken to a local PO. She says that the two felons can not marry and DEFINITELY not live together whole they are on paper. This is keeping in mind that they have a daughter together. She said after she is out (which she isn't yet) she must wait a year and then she can ask the PO for an early release of her Parole. If approved then she would be off paper and be able to do as she pleased.
Of course, this answer is only for educational purposes as the two of them have since gone their separate ways.
Hugz,
~Dee~
PS- JOB HINT- Spherion Temp Agency can and will place felons in jobs. I believe (at least in this area (Berkeley County-Martinsburg) they are the ONLY company willing to place felons. Temp jobs are good for them to have while they find something better to their liking.

Oops! I am so sorry. I don't know what I thought I read. :)

Federal inmates no longer see a parole board. They do 85% (I think I remember that right) of their time and are released to a halfway house then home. They remain on paper for definitive amount of time, but it is not up to a board to determine their release date. Most federal inmates know their release date almost the same day they are committed. A parole board determines when a WVDOC inmate goes home. You are right, if your daughter has a lot of disciplinary write-ups it is almost guaranteed she will not make parole the first time up. If there are too many write ups for serious infractions she is in danger of loosing good time and delaying seeing the board even longer. They can even refuse to see her or see her and flat her out until she reaches her expiration date of 5 years on 2-10 without loss of good time. I can personally attest to the fact that WV Parole Board is hard to please. :(

A home plan has to be approved by the receiving parole office/officer before an inmate can be released upon making parole. If the plan hasn't been approved the inmate remains in custody until it is even if they have made parole. You are right again, she cannot live where there are guns or weapons of any type. Doesn't matter how securely they are locked away. There cannot be any alcohol of any type either - beer, wine coolers, etc. - nothing. She doesn't necessarily have to live with a relative so it is possible that the parole officer would approve her living with her BF's sister or even getting her own apartment, but they will look at that very cautiously. However, she cannot associate with another convicted felon as long as she is on parole and neither can he as long as he is on paper. By any chance are they co-defendants? I don't know if they would make an exception since they have a child together, but I am sure they won't allow them to live together. They couldn't even get married without the approval of their parole officers.

Hope this answers your questions a little bit better than my first attempt. :)

BRIAN'S GIRL
06-26-2008, 12:26 PM
i didn't know a landlord would have to approve whether or not a person could live in an apartment if they were on parole wouldn't that be againt the equal housing laws to not allow a person to live somewhere

justvicki
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Dee, that is great information about Spherion hiring felons!

It doesn't surprise me that two felons cannot marry or live together. Although it is not listed as a standard condition of parole, most PO's do impose that you cannot even associate with a known felon. Also, you are right; if someone does well on parole, most POs will petition for release after a year.

Again, thanks for the info!

justvicki
06-26-2008, 03:58 PM
A felony conviction typically results in the loss of such civil rights as the right to vote, the right to hold a public office, and the right to possess a firearm. Additionally, the right to travel, freely associate with others, or engage in various types of business may be restricted by conviction for a felony crime. While some of these rights may be restored by the courts after completion of punishment for the crime, some may become permanently lost.

Also, while not exactly civil rights in the true sense of the word, other effects of a felony conviction often include reduced employment availability and credit and housing restrictions, since many employers, lenders, and landlords will not accept applicants who have felony convictions on their record.

Sad, but true, and within the law..........