View Full Version : Husband will be sentenced June 1

jackswife
05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Some of you who have already been through this, can you let me know what to expect? How long will he be at 4th Ave after the sentencing before he goes to Alhambra? How long can I expect him to be at Alhambra where I can't have any contact? How long does it take to set up visitation and phone privileges?

ANYTHING will be better than 4th Ave Jail.

Sharon

Aimee1
05-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi Sharon,

I dont know for sure, but I think its typically around 2 weeks or so though that they are at Alhambra.

As far as visitation, as soon as he leaves Alhambra for a regular prison yard, he can get the visitation paperwork from the new yard and send it to you. After you send it back in, they have 30 days to approve/deny you. Hope this helps somewhat.

Aimee

mermaidgirl
05-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey Sharon,
Mine hasn't been sentenced yet but one of his friends was "rolled out" exactly one week after sentencing. My man says no one knows when they are going to go, though. He thinks a week to two at Alhambra and he got a letter from one of the guys that got sent there and he said except for being in lock down most of the day it is waaayyy better than 4th Ave. I don't know yet about actual prison but as crazy as it sounds I am actually looking forward to contact visits and some humanity as opposed to 4th Ave. I'm with you!!!

jackswife
05-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Our 44th wedding anniversary is June 23. That is going to be really hard. It looks like we will be in the "no contact" period then.:broken:

jackswife
05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I have another question. When he goes to Alhambra, what happens to the money in his account? Does it transfer to the new institution?

Sharon

rebswar
05-06-2006, 09:42 AM
yes his money will follow whereever they send him ..............good luck ...........happy anniversary to you both