View Full Version : Have Your Men Check their Gain Time!

GottaLuvJustice
07-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Hey everyone...

Just a little reminder. Please PLEASE make sure your loved ones on the inside check their GAIN TIME sheets that they get. My guy was not awarded his for almost 7 months last year, and he filed a grievance to have it fixed....

It is almost fixed....
his date jumped back over 100 days!!!!

And this is months AFTER HE brought it to the DOC's attention. He had to file the paper work AND ask several times when nothing was done. Stay on them! Sometimes they need "reminders" (a.k.a. "someone to light a fire under their tush")

Jill

:) my baby is coming home soon. Soon SOon SOOn SOON!!!

bella
07-16-2003, 11:06 PM
AMEN!
I myself check his gain time on the site. There was a month it didn't go in and I immeditaly called his classification officer. She seems to have this standard answer for everything and anything..."I really don't know". I told her as nice as I could she better figure it out...quick. Well then he told me the gain time slips went in late for his dorm...oh well, she'll be sure to pay attention to his in the future though ;)

Phil in Paris
07-17-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by bella
I myself check his gain time on the site.

How do you do that ????? Do they change the "Current Release Date" each time they update the site, or is it something else ?? :confused:

Just curious, Joey can't have gain time, he must go to the end of his sentence :(

Phil

Flammenschwert
07-17-2003, 05:44 AM
I check the gain time on the FLDOC site, just like bella. Up to now there hasn't been a problem. She got her gain time every month. Thank God.

Phil,
every month the "current release date" changes on a certain date, when gain time is awarded. In September I will hopefully see a 2012 in stead of this ugly 2013 for my girl's release date. :)

Kris131
07-17-2003, 06:47 AM
I check the DOC site also. I haven't had a problem as of yet, but I'll make sure I keep checking. Thanks for the info.

Phil in Paris
07-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Thanks Sascha !! :) I didn't know this since his current released date has been the same for over a year !! :(

2012 is Joey's released date. I hope come september you will also see this date for Dana :)

Take care
Phil

Tinkerbell
07-17-2003, 07:39 AM
My husband checks and keeps all of his gain time slips. I also check on their site so that I can change my counter on this site.

lilmisracer
07-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Thank goodness you posted this I went to the DOC site this week and saw that my babies time had been bumped down by 2 months, thats the fist time I have seen a change in a yr!! I havnt reset my clock yet though, cause my baby made me change my clock to show his 85% time!!

tropical1
07-18-2003, 01:59 AM
what is gain time?

GottaLuvJustice
07-18-2003, 06:07 PM
yay for you lil misracer!!

tropical..."gain time" is time taken off of the end of your sentence. you get it for behaving yourself.

For example:

Justice behaves himself for all of July 2003:
**Let's say his release date is December 24, 2003.
**Well, because he was good for 30 days, he gets 20
days taken off of the end of his sentence.
**So...his NEW release date would be December 4, 2003

He earned 20 days "gain time".

:)

Jill

tropical1
07-19-2003, 01:41 AM
thank you

GottaLuvJustice
07-19-2003, 05:10 PM
:)

Corrine
08-01-2003, 12:28 AM
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)

This is what you are talking about, right? What does TO BE SET mean?

GottaLuvJustice
08-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Corrine,

"Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, forfeiture, or review."

Yeah, they are just saying how their date changes as they get or lose gain time. That "TO BE SET date to be established..." I am not exactly sure what that means. I have wondered about that one myself!

murphy's law
08-04-2003, 12:56 AM
i am new to this whole thing......my husband is being transferred to coleman in the morning, if anyone can tell me more about "gain time" i can keep on him about it.
and where in the forums can i go for help with small children.
this is really hard on my 5 year old.....i feel better that i found this site, i feel like i have a place to go .....thank you for that wonderful feeling in a time of heartache.

GottaLuvJustice
08-04-2003, 12:53 PM
murphy's law,
Check out this site for info on many topics...gain time, visitation, the whole nine yards...frequently asked questions page FLORIDA DOC (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/index.html)

To find out about posts or threads on PTO about small children, then click on the "seach" button on the top of this screen...it's on the top left of every PTO page. Type in this:

"small children"
"children"
"kids"

....stuff like that. That will bring up posts where those phrases are mentioned. Lots of moms on PTO so I'm sure you'll find some good info. If you don't, post your own thread!

Jill

MTContrary
08-09-2003, 07:18 AM
Hey guys,
I noticed one of us mentioned gain time adding up to 20 days off the sentence each month - my guy's dates drop by 10 days every month, and it posts about 7-9 days after the first of the month. For instance, it just showed up last night. Do you suppose the reason one guy's drops 20 days and my guy's drops 10 is because of the length of their overall sentence? My guy's is a one-year stay ..

Corrine
08-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Corey's only went down ten days also. I have absolutly no idea about all of that stuff so they would have no problem pulling the wool over my eyes if I were in.

LeesFree
08-29-2003, 11:46 AM
From what I have found that gain time is as follows:

5 days a month off for year 1 & 2 served
10 days a month off for years 3 & 4 served
15 days per month for years 5 and over

additional days are given for good behavior etc.

Is there any site that has a calculator for this kind of thing?

GottaLuvJustice
08-31-2003, 01:45 PM
It varies from state to state. I only know about FLORIDA.
In FL, crimes prior to 1994, the guys get 20 days per month for gain time the whole time they are there. There's no limit on it. They just keep getting 20 days for every 30 they behave until their sentence is up.

Crimes after 1994 in FL..... the guys get 10 days per month for gain time. There is a limit for them though... because of the 85% maximum rule that came out in 1994. If you got sentenced after 1994, you get 10 days a month for gain time, but you stop getting gain time once you have earned 15% off of your sentence.

Example: You get 10 years in Florida on Jan. 1, 2000.
You behave and earn 10 days a month...theoretically, that
would put you out after just 7.5 years, but the rule
instated in 1994 limits how much gain time you can get.
That rule allows you to receive gain time but you still must
serve at least 85% (or 8.5 years in this case) of your
sentence.

his_sister
09-15-2003, 05:44 PM
what time of the month do they post the gain time online? i thought it was every 30 days (he was in on the 13th so every 13th right?) and his hasnt showed yet.

bella
09-15-2003, 05:54 PM
the gain time for this month was posted already. It was posted last sunday. It is usually posted in the middle of the month and always on a sunday while the system updates at night. Now keep in mind that at times although the gain time posted for most my guy's did not go in untila week latrer or so. This can happen if someone is out sick or on vacation and did not enter the info into the system. IF it does not post by next sunday I suggest contactin his classification officer.

schickgirl1980
10-23-2003, 05:55 PM
How do you know how much gain time an inmate gets. Do i need to ask my fiance about his slips and check it to the website. I have noticed that since he has been in there his release date has gone down alot. He has been in Liberty since July and his release date has went down exactly a month as of now. Any info I would really appriciate. Thanks so much.

bella
10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
he should get 10 days for every month. Sometimes they will get less if they didn't work or something but almost always it should be 10 days per month.
Unless of course they were sentenced before 1994 then it's 20 days per month.

cutiepy37
03-10-2004, 10:31 PM
does anyone know if the gain time is for federal inmates as well?

thanks!
jess

Buccaneer
06-15-2004, 06:18 PM
The pending gain time that was in the past below release date was about the Gomez case. It was in 2002 and went into effect 2\2004 It is a long case that the administration is having a hard time figuring out. The main case was for over crowdering back in 1993 giving inmates added release time some up to 850 days. For the habitual offender it is of course going to be less time taking off. Web site http.www.law.fsu.edu-library-fl to veiw case

Dre's Lady
07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
I check on my mans on every month. I visit the website every 13th of the month to check on the new date. Its always different though. One month it'll be 10 days, the next it'll be 5 days or 8 days. Does anyone know why?

dineen
07-02-2004, 07:21 AM
sometimes They don't get it all , If they didn't do something earn it they say , you can call his classifiacation officer and see why he didn't get the full 10 days . That's if they tell some will some won't

loveSunnyH
07-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I think Charlie only got 10 days 2 or 3 times during his 3 years - he usually had SOMETHING on his contact card so most months it was 7 or 8 days. His Classification Officer always told me what his report said, but then again he usually mailed me his report every month himself anyway. They get a print-out delivered to them every month that shows their gain time (or lack thereof) :D

Abner
07-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Keep in mind that anyone who committed an offense after October 1, 1995 will have to serve 85% of his or her sentence (including time in county, etc.) before release.