View Full Version : any info on price daniels Prison unit in Snyder, Texas?

sharon60
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
:) Just wondering if anyone has a loved one at price daniels in snyder,tex,and any info.
thanks

Perry33103
05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
My husband used to be there for 4 years. He liked that unit and its a pretty easy unit. Although I hear alot of things has changed since he was there. I think here is even a new warden there. But I know a couple of people who work there and its pretty much still the same as when my husband was there. Your loved one shouldn't have many problems there.

sharon60
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
thanks perry. from what he writes about it, and what i read about other units, i agree, he shouldn't have any problems. we never had any mail problems at all. Yes, he wrote and said they had a new warden. I think this is the 3rd one since he's been in, that being 2003. I never read anything on the boards about this unit. I was beginning to believe he was the only one there! from what i read about other units,i was concerned he was not tellin me everything. again, thanks for the info.

Ashagirl
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I wonder why so many wardens go through that unit? Well, any unit for that matter.

Hoobadoo
10-06-2008, 02:38 AM
I served 2 years at the Daniel's unit back in 1998 - 2000. Back then, it was 'the' unit to serve your time on. Laid back, easy going. The worst that happened there was someone ratting another out for stealing a cookie off their tray at chow time. I haven't heard of any escape attempts (or success), no major fights or incidents. The guards there were all really civil with the inmates and gave the respect (so long as they recieved it).

I'm fixing to start another 2 yr stint (related to the original case) that will put me back in the TDCJ system. I could be sent back to the Daniel's unit or I could rot on a transfer farm until release. There's really no telling when it comes to the classification system that they use.

rg'sgirl
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
My guy is at Daniel. As far a I know it is a pretty laid back unit. Of course, he does not tell me much. R.G. just tries to stay out of sight most of the time.