View Full Version : On Parole- No contact with a convicted felon?

William'sBaby
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Ok, so when my man gets out (July '08) I will still be on probation (until Aug. '08). I'm a convicted felon. I heard that if an inmate is on parole he cannot have any contact with a convicted felon or a person on probation. Well, I will be BOTH at the time of his release. Is this true? And will he be allowed to live with me? We plan on getting married when he gets out, would that help the situation? Also, we are co-offenders.

I have read the conditions of parole. I know what is "not allowed", but it also said that acceptions can be made with prior approval.

Please, if anyone has been in this situation, your advice would mean a lot to me. Thank you in advance...:)

Laura, William'sBaby:heart:

dortalia2005
04-25-2006, 05:53 PM
I understand your problem I am sorry that i don't have an answer to your question. I am married to a man in prison and we are co-offenders i haven't been allowed to see him for a year. it is really hard and i hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

denverswife
04-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Call his parole agent. Thats the person who can make the allowances, or change his parole conditions. The local parole office will know who his agent will be about 60 days out. Also, he will need to give a parole address to his counselor before he leaves prison. I don't want to bum you out, but be prepared. Being a co-defendant makes it way worse. Good luck, I hope you get a reasonable agent.

kristinam79
05-05-2006, 10:42 PM
on the parole conditions it states that you cannot have anything to do with your co-defendants, those are not the exact words, but It's something to that affect. What I would recommend is that when he fills out his parole papers (150 days prior) to his date, or it could be 90,60,30 days before he bring it up to his counselor that way they can be on the look out. If he has special conditions of parole then he will get them back, at that time if they do put the no contact with you then he can file a 602 stating that he is going to be married to you, and so on...

William'sBaby
05-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Thank you so much everyone!!! :thumbsup:

c's baby
05-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I also was busted w/ my husband. I was approved to go and visit. Also, probation gave him permission to live with me. They also gave me permission to have my (step) son live with me. He paroles July . I think probation is much harder than parole. Being married is the key probably to live together. I am still on formal probation. My husband is due out Dec. I won't be off probation my then. Good luck.

William'sBaby
05-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Deb! Sounds like we are in the same boat! ;)