View Full Version : Whats the Difference between state jail and TDC?? Bradshaw Texas State Jail

mike30
04-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi every one, Whats the differnts between State Jail And T.D.C.? My wife recieved 2-years T.D.C. and one year in a State Jail on a non agg. charge it was for picking a 2nd charge while on probation. the sentence is concurent. So what does all that mean? is their a differnts in the two? Thanks.....Mike

mzengnr
04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
my understanding is this...state jail is a part of the tdcj system but different rules apply to state jails. for example state jail time is day for day. there is no good behavior, parole or anything like that. tdc is the tx prison system and inmates are eligible for parole and an earn time for good behavior.

mike30
04-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Thank you. Will nshe do the T.D.C. time and get credit for state as well sinse its a concurent sentense?

txsfmhstn
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
What type of unit is she at now State Jail or TDC? That is how you will know what will happen.

mike30
04-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Thats part I dont know... The courts said 1-years in state and 2- years in T.D.C.but I heard she was going to T.D.C....but she was transferd yesterday so I cant find out anything yet.... Its crazy how the system works. It doesent make much sinse. Does it matter if its "concurent"?

DGamgirl
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Well my husband received 8 months state jail and 5 years TDC. He was sent to state jail first where he'll do his "day for day" but also his TDC time is running concurrently. From what I've been told and looked up under parole through the TDCJ website, he will be eligible for parole before his 8 months is up on his TDC time. His information online shows he is to be released on the day before the 8th month with no hold from TDC. Not sure if this helps. Why don't you know if they transferred her to TDC or a State Facility? Have you tried the TDCJ website under the "offender" information? Someone should know where she was transferred to. My husband was told it would be one of two locations prior to his actual transfer and one facility told me to call back in a couple of days to see if he was on the "chain" and the other facility transferred me to intake where the chain had just arrived and I found him. It also depends on the facility. Hope you get the information on your wife soon.

mike30
05-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, I did locate my wife and found out that she well be doing her T.D.C time in a state jail in Dayton. I also found out that she will be eligibile for parole in late June, so now I have to find out what I can do to help her.

jessnkat
05-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Mike, check out the Texas Parole Preparation Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594) for threads on writing support letters to the parole board and how to put together a parole packet.

Good Luck!!

gamma577
05-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Listen to what Jessnkat is saying,put toget a parole packet now.Do not waste any time,Because I could not help my son in time because I did not know about the parole packet,Long story if you read my thread you'll understand,My son exs is in Dayton doing 7 months State time and I understand she has to do the whole time but county was added in(I think)So take care and if you need any help that is why you are here,we will do the best we can.Pm any of us if needed(we are family here)Gamma577

JennMart
10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info I was also wondering.

Kay
10-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Just FYI stuff. My son is under TDC but is serving time At a state jail facility. The TDC guys wear white and state jail wears navy blue. Thought that might help somebody. Good Luck! Katy

TDCJ hand
11-09-2006, 09:42 AM
At Gist SJ all offenders (Confinnees and TDC) wear white.

ccsmom
11-09-2006, 12:58 PM
At Plane State they all wear white also. The only difference now is the TDC's wear orange wrist bands.

Mariposita2oo4
11-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Cool..I finally found the forum I needed! Well, my man just got transferred to Formby State Jail from Middleton. He's serving time for 2 state jail felonies (1 yr for one, 9 months for the other) and 5 years TDC for 1st degree felony. So is he "housed" as a state or tdc inmate? He IS eligible for parole, and is in the TDC system, has a TDC# all that... so duh..that should answer my question, right? The system is just so twisted and confusing I wanna make sure! HIs sentences are running concurrent, so is he gonna serve 1 yr 9 mo at Formby, for sure???

TDCJ hand
11-15-2006, 09:15 AM
If he is eligible for parole he is classified as a TDC inmate.

MBB
11-15-2006, 09:38 AM
At Bradshaw (state) state offenders wore white and other inmates
(my boyfriend) wore orange. It was a suprise but the population
was half and half for a state jail.