View Full Version : Going to Federal Prison Soon Maybe? Please advise

Sammy
07-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi I was picked up in february and changed with Unathorized access to a protected computer for finacial gain or commercial advantage. The charge was originally a Felony and carried a maximum five year sentence. Through some efforts the charge has been reduced to a misdameanor that carries a maximum of one year and up to $100,000 in fines. my lawyer has sent me the stuff prepared by the DA for me to sign, basically paperwork defining the misdameanor and asking me to sign to plead guilty. which I have done I am pleading to the misdameanor My next court date is this wednesday July 16 What Should I expect at this hearing am I going to jail wednesday. What type of sentence should I expect I am already on State Felony Probation which was non adjudicated. The state probation is waiting to revoke pending the outcome of the federal stuff. Could the sentences run concurent, Could I get Probation? etc. any advise comments etc would be aprreciated.

Sammy
07-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Also what type of facility should I expect to be sent to and for how long. I received 5 years probation for the state stuff but face 2-10 years when revoked. and ruff estimates on time would be great

Valerie
07-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Sammy,I'm glad you joined PTO. I think someone will come along who know's something about the Federal System.I wish you luck.

deb
07-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Sammy,

Welcome to PTO!! Someone will come along who knows the answers to your questions... Hang in there!

Deb

satguy
07-14-2003, 01:31 AM
It all has to do with the amount of points you get charged with in a federal case. Look up "federal sentencing guidelines" and find the chart that tells you how long you get based on the number of points you get charged with.