View Full Version : Is It Hard Getting Approved For Visiting???

MamaSheila
04-08-2006, 02:30 AM
My Uncle told me, that it's easier for me to get approved, once my guy's out of reception and transferred somewhere else. Does anyone know? Thanks for any and all input.
Sheila:o

sherry_wine
04-08-2006, 05:40 AM
I would do it right away don't wait they can approve you in a day to 4 weeks:thumbsup: I was approved in one day:thumbsup:

shootna45
04-08-2006, 08:20 AM
I agree with Sherry. Although I was approved in like 10 mins, it is more common to hear people waiting 3+ weeks.

muchoclouds
04-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Yea I have been waiting for over a month to be approved!

shootna45
04-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Yea I have been waiting for over a month to be approved!

Now that you only have 23 days left, I wonder if you will get approved before he comes home?? Inquiring minds want to know....:confused:

muchoclouds
04-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Yea I would also like to know lol! I have been calling today to try to find out but no one answers. Yea the fact that he has less than a month left is the only reason I haven't gone crazy!

shootna45
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
No one answers today? I am dying to find out what the hell happened to visiting and if everyone is ok. I know my b/f is ok because of who is but still, I would like to know for sure. This totally sucks. I wish I had less than a month to go. I would have if not for his PO and her damn report.

muchoclouds
04-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Yea i have been calling all day and no answer...

shootna45
04-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Yea i have been calling all day and no answer...

I called a little while ago just to make sure nothing had changed and it rang only one time then went to the answering thing. Did you get that and just no one from there?

muchoclouds
04-08-2006, 08:28 PM
i called and dialed the 4190 extension and it would ring like 3 times and go to answering machine. i did this between 830 am and 1 pm. i had spoke to a lady last weekend at that extension and she told me to call back this weekend. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I've got to be approved by now.

shootna45
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
when I went there to get my approval, i heard them tell people 10 days. What a crock!!! I don't know why they don't try harder. I guess because they don't really care and they have 3 times the number of inmates that the place is built to hold.

sherry_wine
04-08-2006, 09:18 PM
i called and dialed the 4190 extension and it would ring like 3 times and go to answering machine. i did this between 830 am and 1 pm. i had spoke to a lady last weekend at that extension and she told me to call back this weekend. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I've got to be approved by now.
I would just go and try to visit you have to be approved by now!!

shootna45
04-08-2006, 11:30 PM

I agree. Tell them how long it has been and I bet they approve you or at least tell you something. Go tomorrow even if he is in West or Central and try to get an answer. It won't be as busy with all of us unable to visit and they will probably be more likely to help you...:)

sherry_wine
04-09-2006, 03:37 AM
What we still can't visit??:eek:
naw j/k:haha: :ha: :haha: :slap: but really need to see him!!:heart:

shootna45
04-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I really needed to as well. I got a letter where he was all depressed over a letter I sent him and he was feeling all butt hurt. He goes through these periods where he thinks I don't really love him. Men are so silly! He is now getting something from me everyday, I have been supplying him with enough envelopes and hand made stationary that he can use them for trades, I have sent money, I go visit him every weekend they let me. Why in the world would you think someone who does all of that doesn't really love you??? YOu know the saying, can't live with them and can't shoot them!!

muchoclouds
04-09-2006, 01:47 PM

well as of last weekend the lady said i wasnt approved. didnt you say that you were visiting before you were approved or was it just before your man found out you were approved?

Lulu21
04-09-2006, 02:58 PM
it took me about 30 days to get approved. Good Luck!

sherry_wine
04-09-2006, 07:22 PM
well as of last weekend the lady said i wasnt approved. didnt you say that you were visiting before you were approved or was it just before your man found out you were approved?
Yes I was visiting before I was approved, But only cause the C/O's would let me visit, because I was waiting for an update. But the first time that was 4 yrs ago
I was approved on the spot:thumbsup:
and that update was due to I had moved back here cali:thumbsup:

Hagan456
04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
It Wouldn't Hurt To Just Go Up There And See. If Your Not Too Far From There. Good Luck.

MamaSheila
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Thank you girls for the info. I put my application in and now it's a matter of time. I hope they approve me. I really wouldn't know why they wouldn't. Thanks again ladies.
Sheila

ramogirl
04-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Hang in there, mine is pulling off all those emotions like staying with him "faithfully" and all kids of stuff. Please, I've been nothing but faithful. I wish I had a friend ooh yeah I do but he only runs on batteries... :)

shootna45
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Hang in there, mine is pulling off all those emotions like staying with him "faithfully" and all kids of stuff. Please, I've been nothing but faithful. I wish I had a friend ooh yeah I do but he only runs on batteries... :)
Sometimes those are the best friends. They don't speak, they don't expect any thing from you and when you are done with them, you just toss them in a drawer. :p