View Full Version : Have you run out of things to say to your brother or sister?

mlynnm
04-03-2006, 11:37 PM
I do know first hand that this happens because I tend to run out of things to tell my brother. That's mostly due to the fact that I don't go out of the house much. But usually what I do is write him a letter telling him about my day, my son's teenaged deeds of the day. :D And I also fill him in on what's happening here on PTO in the GPT thread as well as the MI News. He's always asking about TIS so I try and give him and update on that by sharing the most recent post on the subject.
I also try and send him 'just because' or 'missing you' cards. And I print jokes, lyrics, mazes, word search puzzles and what not just for the days I really have no updates or nothing interesting happened that day. I have recently started 'playing' tic-tac-toe with him by drawing the board on my paint program and taking my turn and sending him the page for him to take his turn and send back until someone wins. :shrug: I know it's not that great but neither is this whole situation so we're trying to make the best of it. Oh and I also order him tons of free books/magazine's ( right from PTO :thumbsup: ) and when I write I tell him about that. And another thing I forgot to mention is that I take a ton of pictures and tell him where they were taken and things of that nature.
:hmm: Well that's about all I can think of right at the moment but when I think of some other things I do I'll post again. Hope this helps.

DLM
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
This is a good topic for discussion as I am sure we all reach that point at times. What does everyone do: do you send a card or copy an article from the internet? I am sure we can all use lots of ideas- so many creative people here:) .

Atalie
04-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I always put a lot of pictures in the letter that I uplift from my documents. They take up a lot of space LOL. I also send a lot of cards, I make them myself with my card software, I try to send ones with pretty pictures and bright colors. I also send postcards, he is in WV but does not know anything about the state so I send postcards with pictures of wildlife and flowers and attractions. I also found some "Hillbilly" ones which are funny and he enjoys getting them.

Arlin_Canter
04-16-2006, 06:48 PM
When I frist stating writing to my brother I thought I would be nice for him to recieve a letter everyday. But then he would get like four letters in one day. I told him he could only read one a day, and he said he couldn't wait and read them all. I miss him so much and I think writing helps him out a lot. Right now I am trying to figure out how to send him books. My mom called the jail and they told her he could not recieve books at all, but according to my brother they can. So if you know how please share it with me. I know how lonely he is in there and I want to do all I can for him.

DLM
04-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the Siblings Forum Arlin- glad you found us! About sending books-you should either call the jail and ask how to send them or you could also ask in the Texas Forum. Most prisons only accept them sent directly from the bookseller such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.You should also check if hardcover books are allowed or just paperbacks.

Atalie
04-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Arlin,Welcome to the siblings forum! I think we all struggle with the problem of keeping our letters interesting and still write regularly. I got my brother two mag. subscriptions, which he enjoys. I have not sent him any books yet except a bible that was sent free by a prison ministry. He is in Federal prison and books have to come directly from the publisher.

BIGSIS57
04-17-2006, 12:13 PM
:idea: Hello all,hope everyone had a Blessed Easter.I know the holidays are extremely difficult for me,w/my sister being incarcerated.Anyhow..sending books is a great way to take the strain off of writing letters when you have nothing new to say.I know alot of you will cringe when I say this but...check into joing Doubleday Book Club.They ship directly to the prisons and it's really cheap to get your 1st few books.The best thing though for those of us who may be strapped in the cash dept. is they do this on credit.No,no credit card needed.They simply bill you and you needn't send the total amount all at once,A few dollars every so often keeps them happy:thumbsup: Just a thought!

damejaune
04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I write atleast twice a month. But if there's a day I have very little free time, I'll just write the word HELLO(VERY LARGE) on a single piece of paper.... it makes him laugh, and he understands that someone is thinking of him. I also send somewhat of a picture diary. I've relocated to a different city... things that I take for granted but he appreciates!

DLM
04-30-2006, 03:20 PM
But if there's a day I have very little free time, I'll just write the word HELLO(VERY LARGE) on a single piece of paper.... it makes him laugh, and he understands that someone is thinking of him.
damejaune-That's a really good idea:D and it's true that just the thought that someone out there is thinking of them helps so much!