View Full Version : sick helpless feelin/ mad at "guards"

cheryl
06-03-2002, 12:10 PM
I can't stand this feeling! I want to kick someone *ss! I just got off the phone with my son and he asks me "what are the first signs of head trama?" Seems he's "fallen out of bed" agian. this is such bullsh*t. what gives them the right to beat on my son? but what the h*ll can I do about it? I went to talk to the warden once - I had more luck taking to my dead grandmother, God rest her.I'm soo mad! I know my son is no angel, i know he has a mouth on him (yeah by the looks of this posting must get it from me). I want to do something but I can't stand the thought of making things worse for him. Please help me. Just last week he said he was wrestling and got kicked below the belt - he turned black and blue and was inlarged in one of his,well, balls and swore to me he was just wrestling with another inmate. So do I believe that story? Should I think it was also a guard? Just like the one how is harrassing him now? This guard and his friends keep messing with him, I'm not a big woman but when it comes to messing with my family I think I could do some damage!
I'm so upset right now I can't think striaght. What am I suppose to believe? I've been lied to in the past from my son but I truely beleive this is happening to him. help me please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, thanks cheryl::argh

aprilcat
06-03-2002, 12:30 PM
cheryl...i'm assuming your son is incarcerated in florida? here's some info i found on the FDOC website.....

Complaints regarding harassment, threats and improper conduct by staff should be directed to the warden at the institutional level. Complaints alleging physical abuse of inmates should be directed to the Office of the Inspector General for appropriate handling at 2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee FL, 32399-2500, or call: 1-850-488-9265.

You may also want to check out the following website...it's a little hard to navigate, but click on "prison index" and you may be able to find out if inmate abuse has been a problem in your son's facility... http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/starke/florida.html

hope one of those 2, if not both, help you!

*hugs*

torrey
06-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Good job Aprilcat. Cheryl I would file complaints to the chennels available. (AND keep talking even if the warden resembles the brick wall) Give them the exact information you have and then express your allegations. Hopefully if you act with responsible consern maybe they will too.

At least there will be written reports and a paper trail in case things escalate. That way they can't come back later and accuse you of not reporting the problem when you believed there was a problem.

I really really doubt wrestling is a past time for inmates and your son.

RealLady2
06-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Cheryl,

I can feel the pain and frustration you are experiencing through your words - to know that "something" indeed might be happening to your child and having the helplessness to do anything about it. Though venting can only help to a point, you want/need some type of outlet to keep you sane. I know when I begin to feel a rage inside, I try to do something physical to expel the energy that is robbing me of my joy - like I clean house like a mad woman....friends could always tell when I had issues to deal with. Maybe this might work?

Peace of heart and mind to you......

Budwoman
06-03-2002, 02:11 PM
CHERYL:

OH, HOW I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.... KNOWING THAT SOMEONE IS HURTING YOUR CHILD FOR NO REASON, ONLY BECAUSE THEY THINK THAT THIS IS WHAT IS REQUIRED BECAUSE THEY DO HAVE PRIDE AND THE WANT TO BE TREATED AS HUMAN BEINGS INSTEAD OF ANIMALS....

GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU.... I TOO AM GOING THROUGH A SITUATION WITH MY SON BECAUSE OF HIS FIANCEE. THEY HAVE THREATENED TO TAKE ALL HIS VISITS AWAY FROM HIM BECAUSE THEY THINK SHE HAS BEEN SEEING HIM.... OF COURSE THIS IS BULL CRAP AND THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THEY DO NOT KNOW OR CARE ABOUT.... SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO GO INTO THE PRISON AND BRING HIM HOME..... BUT, THEN, I REALIZE THAT WOULD NEVER WORK... I HAVE TO STAY STRONG AND FIGHT THIS INJUSTICE IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE....

DO CALL THE NUMBERS ABOVE AND COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN. DO IT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. MAKE NO ACUSATIONS. BE KIND AND GENTLE, EVEN THO YOU WANT TO HIT ANYONE IN YOUR WAY.

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND I HOPE THAT GOD WILL BLESS AND KEEP YOU...

MY LOVE
DONNA