View Full Version : Shirley lockdown and parole??

littlelisa73
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I have a question.. my sweetie was due to be released yesterday. well he had to finish his program before he could go. but, they have been on lockdown since march 2nd!!:mad: so he wrote and said he may have to stay a few weeks longer. my question is, how does this all work?? will he have to wait for parole till the lockdown is over?? this stinks!!!!

tinatex
04-01-2006, 01:15 PM
That is horrible...I hope you don't have to wait to long

Ms.Heather
04-02-2006, 07:31 AM
That really sucks! I guess it is possible that they will make him wait to lockdown is over... but if I were you I would be on their butts about it. He served his time, now let him GO!

Sorry :(
Heather

Ranger
04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Isn't that illegal? He's done his time, fulfilled his obligation to soceity SET HIM FREE! Suppose something happens and he is hurt during the lock down....who is going to be responsible for his injury? What about lost wages or the potenial of finding employment, mental stress, family and children traumatized because he hasn't been released? What about his rights? You can't detain a person that has no time? I smell a lawsuit?

Isabel Solidad
04-03-2006, 12:11 PM
That does stink. From the little I know about DOC loopholes and parole, they technically don't have to release anybody for parole exactly when they say they will, especially if parole is contingent on completing a program. Unfortunately you're sort of at the mercy of the system, since parole is not guaranteed- nor does it actually mean that he's fulfilled any "obligation" or "done his time". Parolees are still a ward of the DOC and works more like a privelege, and it is not a right. It doesn't mean complete freedom. It would be another matter if he had completely wrapped up his time and fulfilled his legal obligations, or if he'd earned enough good time to get him out early. As it stands, I'd consult a lawyer- you might be able to ride on the fact that his program was postponed due to lockdown. Good luck!

patriotslover76
04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
My BF was granted parole based on finishing the RSAT program, then going to a drug program. Well there is construction going on at the jail so the program was put on hold, so he couldn't finish the program.

So he wrote to the board and explained the situation. The board is going to review his case again in a few weeks.

I guess it is up to the parole board if they waive him finishing the program for him to get out.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

littlelisa73
04-08-2006, 06:01 PM
well lockdown is over.. he has a few more weeks to go!