View Full Version : I'm gonna hate my phone bill

Cubana
03-31-2006, 02:05 AM
I love talking to my husband and when he doesn't call more than once I hate it. But when he calls 6 to 7 times a day I'm going to have a heart attack when I see my bill. It's midnight and he just called again !!!!!! I always tell myself don't answer it or tell him to cut down but I can't bring myself to tell him. :eek: Especially since every call is almost $18 each :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shake: :shake: :shake: :cry: :cry: :help: :help: :sneeze: :sneeze: :sneeze: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

sherry_wine
03-31-2006, 02:34 AM
:eek: Sorry for you :eek: I miss him dearly but no phone calls here :(
He pays the bills when he out so he knows not to call, I wish I could hear his voice.

Cubana
03-31-2006, 02:40 AM
he called to say that I probably wont be able to visit his butt cuz he got mad at this guy and threw his tv and broke it. He will probably get a 115 for it. I wonder if they will ever learn.

sherry_wine
03-31-2006, 03:13 AM
:eek: What was he thinking, if he does he could get more time:eek:well I hope he don't get charged, for your sake but when do you find out About Visiting? Were you going to come down for Saturday and Sunday??

Cubana
03-31-2006, 03:44 AM
no just sunday. i had asked for last sat n sun but was glad when he told me no cuz visits were canceled and now this. And next week i go to florida for 9 days so if i can't go this weekend it will be awhile before i can get another weekend day off. Oh well.

shootna45
03-31-2006, 11:54 PM
how does he get so many phone calls and how does he get to call so late?

Cubana
04-01-2006, 12:14 AM
the yard closes at 11pm but i guess they let them out late yesterday. From what i get the phones are open all day. they don't have to sign up. He said there's about 160 inmates there so maybe most of then don't have anyone to call or just wont take that block off their line.

Hagan456
04-01-2006, 01:32 AM
My husband was calling me when he went back to county because we used the pre-pay thing. We went over our limit when he was in Tehachapi and I just told them the phone company to leave the block on because I had a $3,000 phone bill from when he was in jail the first time. And I do not want to run up another phone bill. Is their a pre-pay system for prison phone calls?

sherry_wine
04-01-2006, 03:58 AM
I wish!! It would be so much cheaper if we could buy them a calling card Or if they could buy one when they get to go to the store:thumbsup:

Cubana
04-01-2006, 05:33 AM
prison calls online

shootna45
04-01-2006, 08:13 AM
so the only calls they can make are collect calls? No third party, no calling cards? Cubana, your husband is mainline right? I hope my b/f gets transferred out of reception soon.

Cubana
04-01-2006, 02:56 PM
yeah.. he's been there almost 3 weeks. And yes only collect calls. I'm trying to see if i can get a local line thru SBC so that my calls are cheaper. I signed up with PCO but it's $5 to connect a call even if it's not him and i've had a couple of those already. So if i answer it or me voicemail gets it it's an automatic $5. That I don't like.

Hagan456
04-02-2006, 03:41 AM
I'M GOING TO SEE WHAT PRISON CALLS ONLINE IS ALL ABOUT. THANXS

Cubana
04-02-2006, 12:57 PM
i went from $18 a call from my home phone to $8 a call with them. but i'm going to see if i can get a remote line locally in my name so that i won't have to pay that monthly fee and $5 a call to connect.

Hagan456
04-02-2006, 09:22 PM
It Sounds Like A Good Deal. I'm Going To Send Him A Letter Tomorrow And Ask If He Can Even Use The Phones. If He Can I'm Going To Get That Prison Talk Online Hopefully. Thanxs Ladiez

Cubana
04-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Ok I still haven't gotten my first bill but I'm sure it's around $1000. But that will be the last one. I went from $18 a call to using PCO at $8. a call ( already used $100) to getting a local line at my friends house so that I only have to pay $3.75 a call WHHHHOOOO HOOOOOOO.

muchoclouds
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Holy crap thats a huge phone bill.

mylilstac
04-06-2006, 02:12 PM
You gotta get something hoooked up girl!!. Ok this is what i do and i pay about 2-4 $ a call. Do you have a cell phone is my first question? I called SBC and hooked up a "ghost line" which is in the same area code my husband is in (909) i also changed my cell phone number to a 909 area code so there is no long distance charges, the phone company sets up a phone number that you can give to him to call that is a local number for him and is very very cheap on the collect call prices. The phone company then sets up this ghost line to redirect to your phone and you can recv collect calls to your cell phone. You CAN do the same for your house phone but if its long d istance to your house phone you will have to hook up long distance on your ghost line which is about $50 a month. You SAVE SO MUCH MONEY. When my husband was in West Valley i was paying about 200 a week f or him to be able to call me till one of my friends told me to do this, and i didnt miss paying all that cause my husband cant stop calling. Check it out, if it will save ya some money i k now it saves me a bout $1000 a month.

MizzCandy
04-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Hey Cubana, you can also get a line with MCI, who is the Collect Call provider for CA prisons. They can set up a phone for you, without having SBC or anything so you can deal with MCI directly, I know you can get about 16-18 calls a month for about $100.00.

Their # is 800-231-0193

Good Luck!

mylilstac
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
there is also a company called outside connections that are way cheaper then prison calls online. I use sbc for my house and outside connections for my cell. Both are pretty equil. Here is the link. http://www.outsideconnectioninc.net/

Cubana
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks ladies............. i did call mci and asked them about getting a line in 909. but they said they don't do that. i also had outside connections about 2 years ago but he never got to call thru there cuz it was a landscaping companies old number so everytime someone called it charged a connection fee so that ate up all my money in 1 week so i canceled it. they charged about $4 to connect ANY call. and they never gave back my remaining money. I tried calling SBC too about a remote line but they also told me that they don't do that. but i know they do. it's the samething PCO and outside connection does. but with that line at my friends it's house it's only $3.75 a call for 15 minutes. that's not that bad.

Cubana
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
o.k. Verizon sucks. I WAS going to get that phone line with them but they are such a PAIN IN THA A@@!!!!! My friend lives in an apt. so when they ran the address they saw a past due bill for someone who lives in the complex. they wanted me to pay that. I said HELL NO. ( mind this has been going on since sunday) I told them I was a new resident and that no one lives there but me. The lady who owes the bill LIVES NEXT TO MY FRIEND in apt 6 not 5. but that their computer only gives them the address not the apt #. Anyway, so they ask if I can fax my DL and signature to verify that it's me and not someone else. Ok did that today. Then I called 2 hrs later to ask if they got it. He said yes but can you fax it AGAIN cuz the notes on this account says it's TOO DARK. ( WTF!, if I didn't call they wouldn't have) So i said to self.... Self, call SBC again and see if maybe you can get someone on the line with half a brain to get a remote line. So I called and got lucky. In less than 10 minutes I have a 714 area code number (909 is verizon) with Remote call fowarding for $17 a month and unlimited long distance for $30 a month cuz it will have to be fowarded to Vegas. So anyways, for $47 a month I got my phone line and only $3.75 a call. CHEAPER THAN VERIZON, PCO or OUTSIDE CONNECTIONS. And my mother in law can call now without paying long distance.... WWWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and the line will be up tomorrow. Life is good.

lsmith04
04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
wow i'm glad u found a good deal! last month my bill was 1000$$$$ i couldnt belive it but it was taken care of I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY BABYS CALLS:(:(

Cubana
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
wow i'm glad u found a good deal! last month my bill was 1000$$$$ i couldnt belive it but it was taken care of I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY BABYS CALLS:(:(

I know the feeling. maybe you should get a line in the same area he is in too.

Hagan456
04-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Im Going To Get A Rope And 2 Cups And See If It Will Work.;)

shootna45
04-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I wonder how loud I can yell???:hmm:

Hagan456
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I wonder how loud I can yell???:hmm:

:D WE COULD GET A BULL HORN AND AN AMP TO MAKE IT LOUDER:D

shootna45
04-07-2006, 10:07 PM
:D WE COULD GET A BULL HORN AND AN AMP TO MAKE IT LOUDER:D

that's a great idea!:ha:

where's the good year blimp? I can type out message to him on the side of it.

Hagan456
04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
WE CAN ALL PUT A MESSAGE ON THE GOOD YEAR BLIMP AND RIDE IT WHILE USING BULLHORNS:eek: :D

shootna45
04-08-2006, 02:07 AM
sounds like a plan. I think this weekend is a good time to start since a lot of us don't get to visit. Do you think good year will squeeze us into their schedule? Hell, we don't need them, let's borrow the blimp. I will drive!

sherry_wine
04-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Young minds at play:haha: :ha: :haha: :yay:

shootna45
04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Young minds at play:haha: :ha: :haha: :yay:

Not so sure about the young part but at play, absolutely!!! Whatever it takes to make the days go by quickly right??:fb: :yay: :fb: :dance:

sherry_wine
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Why how old are you? I'm going on 21 even though I'm 45:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:
Get the name now, fine as Wine cause as wine ages it only gets better!

shootna45
04-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Why how old are you? I'm going on 21 even though I'm 45:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:
Get the name now, fine as Wine cause as wine ages it only gets better!

Well the last month I have been going on 80 and that isn't right at 36. I have just been feeling old lately as I expected to be farther along in life by now. That's what happens when you don't have sex. You have time to think about stuff...:hmm:

Lulu21
04-09-2006, 10:11 PM
That's what happens when you don't have sex. You have time to think about stuff...:hmm:

Is that what's a matter with me???:ha: :ha:

shootna45
04-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Is that what's a matter with me???:ha: :ha: I'm afraid so. I went from an average of 2 times a day during the week and maybe 4 or 5 a day on weekends to zip. It's the only reasonable explanation for how I feel physically these days. Forget about the mental aspect because all I think about is him. Not to mention that I was already mental.

Hagan456
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM
The Pain And Agony From Not Having Your Honey With You Drains Your Body. All The Stress Really Wears Us Ladiez Out. We'll Be All Right Though. God Is Watching Over Us. They'll All Be Home Soon.

BlessedLady35
04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
You ladies are so funny...laughing is good for everyone.....thanks for bringing a smile to my face:)

Peace and Blessings!

Hagan456
04-13-2006, 02:56 PM
All Of Us Ladiez Have To Stick Together Even When Our Men Come Home. Laughter Is The Key To A Healthy Heart.:d

Cubana
04-16-2006, 04:54 PM
o.k. the bill wasn't as bad as i thought ... only $421. Thought it was going to be over $800. But now my calls are only $3.75 instead of $19.19

shootna45
04-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I would faint if I got a $421 phone bill. I haven't tried to get a remote number yet because I can't really afford the extra cost right now so I pray that they don't close visiting down any more and we get contact visits this week!!!

Cubana
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
And that doesn't count the two weeks that are still on my next bill and the $260 I have already spent on pre-paid.

muchoclouds
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
o.k. the bill wasn't as bad as i thought ... only $421. Thought it was going to be over $800. But now my calls are only $3.75 instead of $19.19

Cubana, I'm glad you got a better deal on the phone calls:D ...I know it sucks to want to talk to your man as much as you can but have to worry about all of the money its costing you..:blah: