View Full Version : info on lanesboro

SwanksMom
03-30-2006, 04:55 AM
could someone tell me something about lanesboro corr. my son was just transfered there from nash corr. I really liked nash because he was only an 1 1/2 from home. but now he's 2 1/2 hours away. any info please.

Eternal Hope
03-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Lanesboro Corrections is located at 552 Prison Camp Road, Polkton, NC. It is located in Anson County. The mailing address is P.O. Box 280, Polkton, NC 28135. For more information, read here :
http://www.doc.state.nc.us/dop/prisons/LanesboroCI.htm

Good luck! I wish I had more personal information on this prison but I do not..hope this helps...

lucyjack
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
could someone tell me something about lanesboro corr. my son was just transfered there from nash corr. I really liked nash because he was only an 1 1/2 from home. but now he's 2 1/2 hours away. any info please.

You probably have your answers already since you posted your question a long time ago but for those of you looking for some info. on Lanesboro (which is nearly impossible to find!) I recently acquired some info. through my pen-pal at Lanesboro. He called Lanesboro "bad" & specifically stated that the medical department was "terrible". He also said the officers are "always messing with people" but that inmate on inmate violence, etc. was "normal" meaning to me that he is treated worse by the officers than by the other inmates. He also said, (which is probably true for most prisons) that it is easier to stay out of trouble if you keep your circle of inmate friends small. The larger the group of friends the more likely one is to get into trouble. I hope this helps a little. If anyone has information that they would like to share with me, I would appreciate it because I only have limited info. I am mainly interested in the conditions at Lanesboro--what life is like, etc.

SwissCowgirl
07-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks for all this. My man is at Lanesboro and once called it hell and a sorry prison camp but other than that he refuses talking about it.

JusABabyMomma
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
My son's father is at Lanesboro in Polkton. I don't think we have really discussed how good or bad they are to him. The few times I've gone out that way (I live in the Raleigh area) the guards haven't given me any problems. Of course we all know that doesn't mean anything these days.

Kedat24
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
How are the visitations there? Are there vending machines? Can you hold hands and all that good stuff?