View Full Version : in trouble-will a major write up effect parole?

karri lewis
03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
can anyone tell me , if an inmate gets a major write up, could it affect their parole,,,, my husband had his room searched and the officer found an extra blanket, and he had over 20 pictures on him so they wrote him up, he made parole and we are just waiting on them to come do the home visit,, any info will help

Jade01
03-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm so sorry karri. I don't know if that will affect his parole or not, but over a blanket and 20 pictures, I surely hope not. I will be sending prayers your way!

butchies_girl
03-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Yes Write Ups Do Affect Their Parole They Get Dropped In Class And In Order To Make Parole They Have To Be A Min. Of Class 2. But Since He Made Parole Already It Don't Look Like It Is Affecting His Parole.

FinallyFree
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
This is the way it is. I know I went through it. If you receive a major and are found guilty and you are dropped from class I or II you will not go home. What I am trying to say is this if you have made the board and get a major if you become class III or IV you will have to go back to the board once he makes class II. This takes a minimum of 60-90 days just to get class to now this is from class IV it only takes 30 days from class III. For the offense he is charged he will most likely have it reduced to a minor and get restrictions but he could stay a major and only lose one class down to II and he will still go home. The main factor now is the unit he is housed at, because some units see this as trivial while others see it as the end of the world!

eyedoc
03-31-2006, 01:06 AM
can anyone tell me , if an inmate gets a major write up, could it affect their parole,,,, my husband had his room searched and the officer found an extra blanket, and he had over 20 pictures on him so they wrote him up, he made parole and we are just waiting on them to come do the home visit,, any info will helpYes, any write up can make a difference. Not if the write up was for the blanket. However, if it was actually for pictures of you showing and/or doing anything at all that the system does not allow, the parole board will see what it is about and it could shut him down. They look for any possible reason to deny parole.
eyedoc

karri lewis
04-03-2006, 08:09 AM
he talked to the major and they wont drop it to a minor but he goes to disiplinary court today. i am hoping they just put him on restriction, i want my baby home,,,

butchies_girl
04-03-2006, 08:24 AM
This is the way it is. I know I went through it. If you receive a major and are found guilty and you are dropped from class I or II you will not go home. What I am trying to say is this if you have made the board and get a major if you become class III or IV you will have to go back to the board once he makes class II. This takes a minimum of 60-90 days just to get class to now this is from class IV it only takes 30 days from class III. For the offense he is charged he will most likely have it reduced to a minor and get restrictions but he could stay a major and only lose one class down to II and he will still go home. The main factor now is the unit he is housed at, because some units see this as trivial while others see it as the end of the world!

sorry then it looks like they WILL drop him in class and he wont come home yet but no worries in 120 days he will go back in front of parole board. sorry the news isnt pretty or good but its the news.

karri lewis
04-03-2006, 05:45 PM
they dropped him to class 2 and restricted him for 60 days

Jade01
04-03-2006, 06:28 PM
That's great karri! Looks like he's still eligible to go home :)

butchies_girl
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
kool beans for you both YAY

FinallyFree
04-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Thank God. Good luck to you both. Tell him to throw away everything including pics that can get him written up and stop smoking now that is the main thing that can kill you with a write up. I wish you both the best.

karri lewis
04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
thank all of you