View Full Version : Trustee Status L1 to S2 What does this mean?

pollo
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
My husband got taken in by TDCJ in October But after a short month was called back to Harris for a bench warrant. He finally got back to TDCJ in February. He got transferred to GIST. In about 2 weeks ago they transfered him to LEWIS. I went to visit him this weekend and he told me that they moved him from a L1 status to a S2. He was happy but I really don't understand the trustee level status. What does this mean.

Oh one more thing ... I just called Lori Redmond to tell her about the his status change but I was happy to find out that she will take our case even with a L1 status. :thumbsup:

Can any one explain to me all about this trustee Status and levels:o

kensgirlval
03-27-2006, 05:13 PM
My husband explained it to me once before...my hubby is currently a S3 and I believe he said the best one to be is S1, it just looks better to be in a better classification as far as parole, what type of work you will be given...and S3 is the lowest my husband will go to b/c he has an agg charge, he use to be a S4 so he just got changed to an S3 and a better job, i know i probably wasn't much help but believe me your hubby will know which is a good status to be at

pollo
03-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I searched and searched and finally got the answer i was looking for :thumbsup:. I am posting the levels here just in case any one else is interested. I am so happy that my hubby moved up from position so fast.:D
__________________________________________________ ______________

Code Text Description
S1/SAT I State Approved Trusty 1 Can work outside security
perimeter without any
supervision

S2/SAT II State Approved Trusty 2 Can work outside security
perimeter with periodic
supervision

S2 R/SAT II R State Approved Trusty 2 Can work outside security
Restricted Status perimeter under direct
unarmed supervision

S3/ SAT III State Approved Trusty 3 Can work outside security
perimeter under direct armed supervision (usu. a good worker, but not an
outside trustee).

S4/ SAT IV State Approved Trusty 4 Can work outside security
perimeter under direct armed supervision or inside compound with periodic
supervision.

L1/LCI Line Class 1 Initial classification of newly received inmates from a normal intake. Inmates can move up or down from this classification.

L2/LCII Line Class 2 Disciplinary status.

L3/LCIII Line Class 3 Usually medium to intensive security custody. Earns no good time.

Ashagirl
03-28-2006, 05:26 PM
That's a big jump in status. I bet it sure won't hurt his case. Congratulations.

Nail Pounder
03-30-2006, 11:35 PM
An S-2 is an outside trusty. It means he'll have to work twice as hard ... lol. But he'll be housed with other S-2s and that generally means a better living environment.

pollo
03-31-2006, 03:30 PM
An S-2 is an outside trusty. It means he'll have to work twice as hard ... lol. But he'll be housed with other S-2s and that generally means a better living environment.

That is very true...

He really likes it because he likes working and doing things instead of being in a cell all day. He says that his time goes by faster and that he finally feels usefull. Another plus is, like you said, that he is with other S2 so it is a better living environment and for that I am thankfull.