View Full Version : Federal Probation and transfers-Please help!

redeyesgirl
03-21-2006, 12:04 PM
2 years ago my boyfriend was in prison in Texas, but was going to be sent back to California for Federal probation when his sentence expired. He no longer even had any family in Ca. since serving 13 years and he wanted to be with me, so he applied for a transfer here to Texas and was denied. After doing 1 year of probation without getting in trouble he absconded because of a petty, hellish probation officer. Now he's back in Texas with me and we have gotten married. I'm concerned that if and when he ever does get taken into custody, after serving his violation time, they will try to force him back to Ca. again. He says that since we are legally married now, they can't do this, that in federal supervision they don't seperate the families. Is this true??

greyghost
04-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, to be honest, I think he chose 'poorly' as they say. As tough as things were, if he would have stuck it out none of this would have been an issue today. Now he has to keep looking over his shoulder - must be stressfull. To answer your question, "Can they send him back to CA to serve his probation", simply - Yes, they can. It would be foolish to believe that just because one is married, that they wouldn't send him somewhere away from his family. They could. Will they? I don't know. It would really depend on his living situation now, and HOW YOU factor in to everything. If his life is stable, family stable, job stable, trouble free, etc... then I think that he will have a decent chance of be allowed to return to TX instead of CA. But there are no guarantees to this.

Lastly, if you feel that your family life is where it needs to be, I would suggest that he turn himself in. It beats waiting and wondering 24/7.

I wish you both the best
GG