View Full Version : Visiting at MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution

lovinplunk
02-28-2006, 09:06 PM
My man is at walker right now but most likely being moved to mcdougal.. can anyonegive me info on visits there. Also, any one know what the deal is about getting contact visits?? he's in for 8 years so i assume it will be awhile till we get that. Thnx for your help.

blueangelinyc
03-03-2006, 11:23 PM
my man is at walker, you have to call the jail and give inmate number and find out what his visiting days are and what times because there visiting times varies depending on what day you got visits, i go to the sat visit which start at 9am-11am and are only for an hour but if you call counselor and your coming from out of state you can get two hours but the counselor has to know what day your comin, so on the sat visit i go to when you first get there you have to walk through metal detectors just to get in to the waiting from, you have to take off all metal items and place them in a container and if your shoes have some kind of metal in them you have to take of your shoes before walking through that goes for belts and underwire bras. then you have to get a slip from front desk and fill it out with the inmate information and hand that in with your identification , they will give you a locker key to hold your bag and coat or anything else, then you just wait, but word to the wise there visits have never started on time when i went, but the good thing is that if there running late they still allow you to sign in if you get here late also and visit hasnt actually started, but they dont run late when it comes to making up lost time. so your visit is cut short which pisses me off.it not our fault they didnt start on time. one time i the visit didnt start to 9.20 and they let me out at 10.55 , i get two hour visit since i am out of state. so i lost 20min which was precious to me. here is the visit hour for my man days but this is just his days i dont know if it goes by there inmate numbers or last names but her some idea atleast,tue 8pm-10pm,Wed 12.45pm-2.45,thurs 8.30-11am,sat 9.00-11, and walker does not have contact visits only macdougall, which i hope they move him to so we can have contact visits by the way if anyone needs directions and maps on getting there or any other prison just go to randall mcnally map directions website and you just enter address of where your coming from and where you going and it will give you the best driving directions with map, but just so you know walker is in the boon docks its on the border of connecticut and massechusetts. if anyone driving up and wants some company let me know.

energizer03246
04-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Don't where anything with a hood on it to a visit I drove 3and half hours from New Hampshire to MacDougall and even asking him counselor what the dress code was she never said anything about hoods I had on a sweater with a hood, the guards made me remove it,and that was for a none contact visit. Also don't call there to the Warden office to complain about the way your treated they will take it out on your loved one

J23ORiGiNAL
04-02-2009, 12:24 AM
C0NTACT ViSiTS AT MACDOUGALL.

NO HO0DiES. NO CELL F0NES. DEii WiLL GiVE U A L0CKER WERE U CAN PUT ALL UR STUff CUZ U CANT BRiNG ANiiTHiN iN WiT U. ALS0 B4 U GO N ViSiT U NEED 2 FiLL OUT DA ViSiTORS FORM N SEND iT iN. CALL N MAKE SURE UR 0N DA ViSiTiN LiST N BRiNG UR STATE iD/LiSENCE.

Justin N Jami
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
My man just got transferred to Walker. The positive to this is that it is about a minute from my house. The negative is that I sent the visiting app to Hartford. Now I have no idea if it will be forwarded or not. I have not heard from him since the transfer. He was sentenced last week (4/1/09) to 3 years. Does anyone know if there is a visiting app that I can print from the web? Thanks

katiemeno
04-08-2009, 02:58 PM
The visiting app will follow him where ever he goes. They will forward it to the new place. My man has been in 3 different places and I never had a problem seeing him. It will take a few weeks until your visits are approved. It was 21 daya before I saw him.

tee.dot.q
04-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I would suggest that you get another application and resend it. Once you are approved the visiting list will follow him for the duration of his bid but if you are counting on the CT DOC forwarding mail... Lets just say they are iffy at best. I don't think you can print a form online, I think it needs to be filled out with the visiting clerks information (at least at McDougall they did it that way) The wait can be long, I've heard up to a month in some cases but I was on in two weeks... I guess it just depends.
Good luck to you :)

Justin N Jami
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Tee,
Yeah, I just got back from Bradley Airports post office. I did just that. I filled out another app and mailed it off. What stinks is that we had a protective order for the last six months. He was sentenced last week and the order was disposed of. (thank goodness...it was not in effect by my choice) Hartford had told me to also mail a copy of the court letter stating that it was disposed of, so the app and the letter got mailed off on different days. That right there probably would have gotten all screwed up. At least now, I got both mailed off in the same envelope to the right place, the right counselor, etc. Frustration is my middle name right about now. Will they contact me or does Justin have to tell me if I am approved?

Justin N Jami
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I did find the form online :)

soalone17
04-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Justin will have to tell u when you are approved..or you could wait for 3 weeks and just go to Walker and ck to see if you were added..I know when my bf and I had a protective order and when he got sentenced it was dropped, he wrote the Warden and the Warden told him, he had to look at the case, and I wrote him, it took about a month, but he allowed us visits, because, I was not the reason why he was locked up..so that might be a possibilty that could take place..

Justin N Jami
04-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, see it is hard to tell what he actually got the 3 years for. I can only see what is on the judicial site. There is a running list of 8 charges. It is a long story and a big old mess. Thanks for the info

tee.dot.q
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Tee,
Yeah, I just got back from Bradley Airports post office. I did just that. I filled out another app and mailed it off. What stinks is that we had a protective order for the last six months. He was sentenced last week and the order was disposed of. (thank goodness...it was not in effect by my choice) Hartford had told me to also mail a copy of the court letter stating that it was disposed of, so the app and the letter got mailed off on different days. That right there probably would have gotten all screwed up. At least now, I got both mailed off in the same envelope to the right place, the right counselor, etc. Frustration is my middle name right about now. Will they contact me or does Justin have to tell me if I am approved?

Hi there,

Like the previous poster said, your man will have to tell you when you are approved, the facility does not call anyone. That said, if you call after say, 3 weeks and speak to his counsellor - they should be able to tell you if you are approved. The counsellors are pretty decent, in my opinion anyway. I'm glad you got the form back out with the other paperwork because you are right - getting them in two separate submissions probably would have spelled delay.

Justin N Jami
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Tee, I just hope it gets approved. I want to send him books and finally SEE HIM! lol I send him money every week. I have been doing that since he's been in. We write back and forth, but its kind of tricky. Well thanks again and have a good night.

Browneyed girl
04-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi Jami-have you confirmed that he has received the money you have sent? They are only allowed to receive money on their books from people actively on their visiting list. The only exception to this is around Christmas time when the DOC allows anyone to send an inmate money.

Justin N Jami
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I have been sending him money for the last 6 months. He gets it.

Justin N Jami
04-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Hello everyone,
I finally got to see Justin yesterday!!! Wow, talk about being nervous!! He was laughing at me. It was wonderful, but holy crap the time flew by wayyyyyy tooooooooooo fast. Great visit though. I can't wait until Wednesday!!! Thanks for all your help everyone. Have a good day

tee.dot.q
04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Aww girl. I'm happy that you finally got that visit! I hope Wednesday's is just as good. MacDougall has the most generous visiting schedule... Take advantage!
Congrats again :)

Hello everyone,
I finally got to see Justin yesterday!!! Wow, talk about being nervous!! He was laughing at me. It was wonderful, but holy crap the time flew by wayyyyyy tooooooooooo fast. Great visit though. I can't wait until Wednesday!!! Thanks for all your help everyone. Have a good day

Justin N Jami
04-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Hi Tee,
He is not at MacDougall (I wish he was) he is next door at Walker.

~*HiS WiFeY*~
04-21-2009, 07:41 PM
I brought my mom up to visit my fiance tonight *i am not approved to visit him* and the guards at MacDougall are sooo nice!!! I thought it was kind of stupid though, they would not let her bring my 6 month old daughters binky in, like what would he want a binky for, and its non-contact...!!!

Justin N Jami
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Well today's visit was cut short at Walker. 20 minutes after starting 20 minutes late. The co's called it quits due to some security breech. Probably a fight or something. I can't wait for Justin to be transferred to Robinson. The mail at Walker is horrible. I wrote Justin everyday last week and he hasn't received it yet. One of the co's said they don't have enough help in the mailroom at MacDougall. All mail goes there first, is sorted than transferred accordingly. Once it gets to Walker it is sorted again by unit and than passed on. By the time he gets that I have already written the next weeks book (lol). Sooooooooo frustrating.

soalone17
04-27-2009, 06:30 AM
I can relate to the mail thing..my man is in Corrigan and it takes 2 weeks for me to get mail from him and about 4 days for him to get mail from me..shoot by the time I get his mail, we have talked about everything..and same goes for my letters too. and we talk everyday..calls are cheap for us..1.50 for 15 min..and I live on the other side of the state from him..

Justin N Jami
04-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi notmychkurchk,
What is your secret for cheap calls?

soalone17
04-27-2009, 08:24 AM
I have a voip phone service..meaning a phone service through my internet..its cost about 13.00 per month w/500 minutes..I picked a local phone number..it took about 2 1/2weeks for his number to be approved..printed out a copy of my bill faxed to GTL and waited about 2 1/2 business days, called back, set up my phone on a saturday night and he called me sunday night.. I only use the phone for his calls..I use my cell phone for other calls..I have the phone forwarded to my cell phone so I can get his calls, just in case I am out somewhere..if u want more info..dont hestitate to pm me..

~*HiS WiFeY*~
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
omgosh MacDougall is SOO slow with mail!!!! It takes 7 days *thats quick for them* to get letters, and for him to get mine. When he was in Corrigan, it would take 2 days, 3 MAX!!!

Justin N Jami
04-28-2009, 04:13 AM
Hello, you would think that at MacDougall it would at least be a day sooner than Walker. All the mail goes to MacDougall first and than Walker. I am with ya girl, you are not the only one. Yeah when Justin was in Hartford, he got his mail within two days. A co told me that they don't have enough help in the mailroom at MacDougall. They only work mon-fri, so mail will not be sorted on Sat. Sucks, I know