View Full Version : Putting money on books-Chino

ALVCA
07-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey All,

My friends mom asked me if I could go to Chino Tuesday, since I am gonna be that way and leave her son some money. She wants it done in person so she can get a receipt. She had problems doing it thru the mail last time he was in so that's why she wants me to do it.

1) Will I be able to do it Tuesday? Will anyone even talk to me or let me in since it's not a visiting day?

2) Will I be able to get a receipt like she says?

Thank you all very much. I have got so much help here!

chiquita76
07-04-2005, 12:19 AM
The county or the prison? If its the prison you have to send a postal money order.

donsmom
07-04-2005, 12:22 AM
i would try calling the prison to see where you need to go or if you can do it in person. when my son was in county i could do it in person and could do it any time the window was open. which was almost always. yes i did get a receipt.

Bread-N-Water
07-07-2005, 06:38 PM
You must send money by mail. They will accept personal checks. But, postal money orders are better since there's no clearing time involved. Tales about ten days to hit the books. You will not get a receipt. You CANNOT do this in person. You will be turned away. Ok? DO NOT send cash. As you know inmates may not have money.