View Full Version : Bath Institute - PFV's (Private Family Visits) Who gets them?

Yoosgirl
03-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know about PFV's and who gets them? I'm interested in finding out about them (specific to Bath).

witchlinblue
03-18-2006, 09:37 PM
There is a thread regarding Private Family Visits here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160611) that has some information that should be helpful.

Kassiesgma
03-19-2006, 08:08 AM
I've been visiting Bath for 8 or 9 years...what would you like to know? Basically you can have one a month....3 days...or if you are a lifer you can get 2 6 day visits per year plus the 3 day ones.
You can't bring in linens, blankets, towels etc....they are supplied. You can bring in your clothes, sealed cigarettes only, makeup etc. Kids cannot bring toys....there are toys in the visiting room that they can choose to take in with them at the visit. There are movies as well.
Food is ordered either through the kitchen at the prison but also at IGA. You can basically order anything you want.
You will go in at 1:00 with your suitcase. You will be drug tested 3 times by the ion scanner. Your suitcase will go through the metal detector...then you an your suitcase will be searched by Ben...the drug puppy. V&C staff will then put your clothing into one of their duffle bags...after a short interview with the officer in charge...telling them you know what to do if there is an incident in the visit that you might need their assistance ( go outside....and or go to the outer fences...touching them will bring instant coppers)...finally you will get to go to your unit. Counts are at least 3 or 4 times per day and vary....they are posted but they are never the same.

If you have any questions....drop me a post...or you can email me privately if you want at (email removed for Kassiesgma own protection, please pm her for email address)

Yoosgirl
03-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Does he have to be there for a certain amount of time? Does his sentence have to be a certain length? I'm wondering because he hopes to only be there until June and so I was wondering if he will be eligable.

witchlinblue
03-19-2006, 06:58 PM
If you have reviewed the link Ive provided and went the government links in that thread and everything meets your situation then he now needs to apply for PFV's.

witchlinblue
03-19-2006, 07:00 PM
It can take a while for an application to be approved. If you are certain he will be home in June then it may be a waste of time for him to apply.
Kassiesgma, how long did it take for his application for PFV's to be approved ?
June is not that far off, we will get you threw it. The smell of spring is already in the air which means June is not all that far off. Hang in there !!!

Yoosgirl
03-20-2006, 04:06 PM
For some reason i wasn't able to get through to the links provided when I tried the other day, but was able to get through today and I got all of the information that I needed. Thanks witchlinblue.

TKSLOV
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
this is soooooooooo cool lifers can have family visits, if we in the states could be so lucky!

witchlinblue
03-20-2006, 09:15 PM
I agree TKSLOV, especially since my husband is in a U.S. prison, it would be very nice. Why does Canada get the importance of this in the rehabilitation of an inmate but most of America considers it a big no no. I know its all about money but seriously, prison is not a sardine tin, its rehabilitation. I totally agree with you.
Yoosgrl, I hope you get in at least one visit before he comes home. Im quite sure that will help the two of you get threw until June !!! Crossing my fingers for the both of you !!
And if you get them approved I will be so jealous !!! :)

Yoosgirl
03-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks witchlinblue. I talked to him this morning and he is going to get the application forms today. YAH! :D

Kassiesgma
03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
It usually only takes a couple of weeks to process...they have 30 days though....You might get one in before he leaves...good luck!
Kassiesgma

Yoosgirl
04-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I went for my first contact visit in 9 months yesterday and girls was it nice..... to feel his touch. To have him hold my hand, touch my face and kiss my lips was a little slice of heaven. He is going to talk to his P.O. this week about the private visits. I think he is almost as excited as I am about getting them approved.....YAH :thumbsup: Thank you everyone for your support....it means so much to me

witchlinblue
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Im so glad you got a visit and a good loving one, Im sure that has brought your spirits right up !!! Same for him !!
I hope you get your PFV's approved soon !!

Zawjatu
07-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Are there restrictions as to how many people you can bring in?

Doxs_gurl
09-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey there, Trailors once a month are FUN. 1 yr in Oct since our first one. I will never forget my first trailor..

MrJustice
10-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Obviously, I don't know if anyone out there is in a same sex relationship but, if you are, remember that, provided you can prove you were in the relationship prior to your partner going to jail, you have equal access to the PRV Program. The Federal Court of Canada ordered in 1986 that all programs made available to heterosexual offenders must also be provided to gay/lesbian offenders. So, please make use of the program or it will be taken away. They'd love that!!!

Bet our friends in the U.S. would scream if they knew this one eh what?

User9999
10-06-2006, 10:26 AM
LMAO MrJustice...it's true! It's too bad that the US doesn't give their inmates the same rights as ours. I know personally it truly does help strengthen the familial bond and get through the time together. I'm glad that same sex couples have the same rights as opposite sex couples. It's only fair.

Erin

MrJustice are you a fed CO? just out of curiosity if I have any questions I need to know? :)

cloutier michel
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
[quote=Kassiesgma]I've been visiting Bath for 8 or 9 years...what would you like to know? Basically you can have one a month....3 days...or if you are a lifer you can get 2 6 day visits per year plus the 3 day ones.
You can't bring in linens, blankets, towels etc....they are supplied. You can bring in your clothes, sealed cigarettes only, makeup etc. Kids cannot bring toys....there are toys in the visiting room that they can choose to take in with them at the visit. There are movies as well.
Food is ordered either through the kitchen at the prison but also at IGA. You can basically order anything you want.
You will go in at 1:00 with your suitcase. You will be drug tested 3 times by the ion scanner. Your suitcase will go through the metal detector...then you an your suitcase will be searched by Ben...the drug puppy. V&C staff will then put your clothing into one of their duffle bags...after a short interview with the officer in charge...telling them you know what to do if there is an incident in the visit that you might need their assistance ( go outside....and or go to the outer fences...touching them will bring instant coppers)...finally you will get to go to your unit. Counts are at least 3 or 4 times per day and vary....they are posted but they are never the same.

If you have any questions....drop me a post...or you can email me privately if you want at (email removed for Kassiesgma own protection, please pm her for email address)[/quote HELLO I am going to see my husband soon every body talk about ion scanner could you teel me what it is excatly do we have to take so many precaution to past true this machine thank you Michelle Cloutier my kids are coming with me.

cloutier michel
11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
sorry I think I wrothe on your space sorry my english.

briannasmom
03-08-2007, 08:58 AM
hello me and my guy were together before he went to jail on and off and in the presentceing report it says we were only together for about 3 months i was woundering would i still be able to have a PFV with him or would they denie me?

Yoosgirl
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I think that they want u to have been together for atleast six months on the outside before they will consider u eligible for PFV's. BUT every case is individual so i would apply and see what happens. Good luck :)

briannasmom
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info

shaunzgirl
04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info ladies. This is all new to me so any info I get is appreciated. I'm in Ontario Canada...can't wait for our first trailer visit!!!!!!!

guitargirl
04-18-2010, 08:27 PM
when i was w/my man, i was told you have to have contact for at least a year for them to consider it. also, you could be married to be eligible and even if you werent together on the outside before his incarceration, its okay. i wasnt and we were still approved.

sjai
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
yea you're right guitargirl
you hafta be visiting for @ least a year unless you were common law or married before he went in
& they need proof if you were common law

my mans in bath too, whens ur visit shaunzgirl!?

Anxiousgirl36
01-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi there..
I was hoping I can get some info. I've been visiting my my boyfriend at Bath Institution since August 2010. I was hoping you can tell me how about to get the family visits. Meaning how long do I have to wait..Also, my boyfriend just recently proposed to me in November. Do I still have to wait a year to get the pfv??
Second Question:
How does that work about getting married in the Institute?? Do I have to get a minister or does my b/f??

Please help me..

Thank You:)

Anxiousgirl36
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
yea you're right guitargirl
you hafta be visiting for @ least a year unless you were common law or married before he went in
& they need proof if you were common law

my mans in bath too, whens ur visit shaunzgirl!?

What happens if you get married in there. Do you have to wait for a year still or can you get them right away

irishcanuk
01-20-2011, 03:09 AM
What happens if you get married in there. Do you have to wait for a year still or can you get them right away

I dont want to sound like a wet blanket but,,,,it would probably take you a year to get approval to be married and if not, well as the PO told my man " Marriage does NOT mean automatic PFV'S".