View Full Version : CIM Visiting Approval

shootna45
03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I dont want to ruffle any feathers but thought it would be noteworthy to let all of you know that I went to visit my boyfriend today who has been at CIM since last Tuesday on a PV. I have never been to any prison for any reason until today. My visiting application was approved in less than 10 mins. I was in and out of there in about 3 hours that included 1 hr 15 mins. of time with him and the rest waiting in line and going back and forth to my car because I didn't see the restriction on how many keys on your key change and had brought some paper and letters to see if they could take it directly. Also, stupid me thought I put on the right bra without underwire but didn't. What a pain that is and with a brand new Victoria's Secret bra too. It was well worth it because he looked really good and since he has had no contact with family and his PO still has not been in contact with him, I was happy to see he was doing ok.

Cubana - Thanks for you help and advice. You gave me just what I needed to know to assist in my speedy approval.

Cubana
03-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Told you girl................. I'm glad you got to visit him. Who says you cant get approved in person at CIM. WHHHHHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO. So happy for you.

shootna45
03-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I think it is all in the approach. I thought he was in Central so I waited in that line and although they had moved him to West, Thompson didn't ask any questions, just took my information over to the other Sgt. and he approved. I was actually pretty shocked. I had seen them take applications and tell those visitors 7-10 days for approval so it was either the items I supplied in addition to my id or the confidence I wasn't going to be turned away. I feel so much better knowing he is ok. Now maybe I will actually sleep good tonight as all of last week was restless.

misseskris_10
03-12-2006, 09:59 PM
that's so rad!!! and i feel better knowing im not the only one who had to ruin a bra today too!!!! nothing like walking to the bathroom with the scissors and willingly ruin your favorite one!! lol

anyway, im happy for you!! i wish i was approved that fast!

Cubana
03-12-2006, 10:10 PM
they probably had things on their application that needed more looking into. Their DMV record or background did not come back completely clean so they had to investigate more. But still happy for you.

shootna45
03-12-2006, 10:49 PM
It took longer to de-wire my bra than it did to get approved. The reason I said about approach is because the 2 people I saw turn theirs in had just walked in, gave it to the desk lady and she said 7-10 days without looking at it and they left. I think sometimes if you don't question the rules, you can't break them. This site has been so helpful to me during the last week, I want to give a little back. You know, along the lines of paying it forward.

The bra sacrifice was totally worth it and when my man comes home, I'll make him buy me a new one. Maybe he'll stop being stupid. :rolleyes:

robs_angel
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Congrats!!

sherry_wine
03-13-2006, 12:36 AM
I know they could approved some in a few minutes cause they approved me in minutes but I had a :eek: ticket:eek: to take care of at the time:blah:
but I know some times it takes longer from some when they can't get the infor to come up on thier Computers or they just don't want to take the time:blah:
Hey congrat on getting approved right away:thumbsup:

shootna45
03-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks! I was worried that they wouldnt take the time so I brought a couple of extras with me. I am a certified instructor with the Dept of Justice for the handgun safety certificate and a certified Range Safety Officer with the NRA. I thought that would speed up the criminal check as I could not have obtained the DOJ certification if I had a record. It's so sad that so many people are waiting for such long periods of time over what I can only assume is directly related to the overcrowding of CA prisons. Of course, if they would stop putting petty violators behind bars, like my guy, maybe they could de a better job with the more serious and dangerous inmates. I find it such a waste of tax payers to put my guy in jail because he didn't report to parole upon release. It has only been 3 months and he turned himself in and his PO wants him to get a year. LIke that is going to really help him or any one else. Sorry, had to vent. By the way, is anyone familiar wiith violators getting out on Prop 36?

Cubana
03-13-2006, 02:54 PM
my husband got prop 36 back in october but only went once. it was court ordered but doesnt have a probation officer.

shootna45
03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
How does it work? My boyfriend said he could get out next week on Prop 36 and I can't seem to find a simple explanation of how this works. I know it is supposed to be a variation of parole but I find it hard to believe they will let him out to go to drug classes and not have to report to his PO. Did your husband get in trouble for not going continually? I don't like his PO so that would be a plus.

Cubana
03-13-2006, 07:10 PM
go to www.prop36.org. he still reported to his po. he just didn't have a probation officer. sometimes you have a po and probation officer if you have probation too. they are not connected. the judge gave him prop 36, reccomended from his po cuz he tested dirty, instead of violating him. Amazing I know he didnt give him a PV but his PO is real cool.

gratefull2god
08-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey ladies! How awesome y'all have this site. I got a few questions if someone could b so kind as 2 help me out here. I'm completely in the dark. We just arrived from Lancaster today. I believe were in CIM Minimum?! Thats what he wrote me anyways. Were coming here 2 do our time til dec. 26, 06. Whats this i hear that i can go directly 2 the prison and get approved???? Is this true? Also, i'm confused. I called out there today and some broad told me he can only have contact visits if he's working??? is this true also????? I thought we were threw all that since we already came outa reception at lancaster! Any help from u guys out there is deeply appreciated.. see ya in line!;)

Cubana
08-31-2006, 03:39 AM
Hey ladies! How awesome y'all have this site. I got a few questions if someone could b so kind as 2 help me out here. I'm completely in the dark. We just arrived from Lancaster today. I believe were in CIM Minimum?! Thats what he wrote me anyways. Were coming here 2 do our time til dec. 26, 06. Whats this i hear that i can go directly 2 the prison and get approved???? Is this true? Also, i'm confused. I called out there today and some broad told me he can only have contact visits if he's working??? is this true also????? I thought we were threw all that since we already came outa reception at lancaster! Any help from u guys out there is deeply appreciated.. see ya in line!;)

If he wrote you with po box 600 then he's in minimum. And yes you do have contact visits and no he doesn't have to have a job. BUT if he does have a job and he works on the weekends then he will need a pass from his supervisor and he can only get one every month.