View Full Version : Rudd Transfer Prison Unit-Texas-RegionVl-Discussion/Chat-Thread

Brent's Mom
03-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Rudd Transfer Unit is in Brownfield,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If so tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who visit or have been at this prison.

tawanta
03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes i have a love one there .he went from middleton unit to the rudd unit.he say it's small it only house 600 people.but he say he like it becouse he don't haft to work out side anymore.but we are still waiting on his appeal.:p

ssj2005
08-20-2006, 12:43 PM
My husband is there. He went from the middleton unit to the rudd unit in November. I go see him every other weekend. I like it there because it is so small and they aren't as strict as some. But I also don't like some of the people that work there. They can be rude or even more. Just waiting to see if he will get paroled next year or if he will have to wait until he is discharged the following year. I would love to talk to anyone who may have someone there also. Just PM me.

steven's dad
09-28-2006, 04:40 PM
My son is at Rudd. Sent there from Middleton. It is much closer to where we live, so we are very happy about that. They also have contact visits which is great, as he was on non-contact at Middleton. My son says the guards are strict, but there is not as much "crap" going on at Rudd as in a lot of other units.

BJackson817
07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
My husband is in the Rudd Unit also transferred from Middleton. He's been in since 2005 and will be in Rudd until he paroles next year or is discharged the year after that. I visited him often in Abilene but its a long haul to Brownfield. My mother in-law went with me to visit in April. We visited Sat & Sun and the warden was very accomodating with us visiting together and separately. I'm so glad I found this site. I miss my husband, my best friend so let me hear from you. We're all in this together :)

Brianwifey
07-12-2007, 12:33 AM
my husband is also in the Rudd unit, transferred from Middelton. he has been there since March '06. He likes it, he works so it makes his time go faster. Its crazy b/c the guards know me and my family already, but we do go visit every sunday. its a 2 1/2 hour drive but it is well worth it. that is one great thing about being transferred to Rudd, is he didnt have to be in the system 90 days before getting a contact vist. but he goes up for review in sept '07, so hopefully i wont have to make the weekly drive too much longer.

shela
07-19-2007, 09:53 AM
My husband is in Rudd also! When he got there about 3 months ago I could not find a soul out here that had anyone in Rudd! I am so glad to hear from y'all! My husband also came from Middleton. It is over 5 hours to drive and I just can not afford to see him as much. It makes us both very very sad. I use to see him every weekend.
Rudd seems to be an ok place for him. When he was at Middleton, he was in a dorm with older men and they seemed to be much calmer and easier to get along with. He is the oldest in his dorm here. With more men and less space - he says that is the hardest part. He told me that they did lock down on of the units last week for a couple of days... anyone know what happen?

bttrfly76
08-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello,
I am new to this place. My son was just transferred to the Rudd Unit this week. We have custody of his 2 young girls since he left and will try to go see him this weekend. We are 1 1/2 hours south of Brownfield and are very happy that he is so close. Does anyone have any information on the Rudd unit? We don't know anything about it. This is my son's first time at being in prison and I pray that he will get out soon. This site has been such a blessing to me.
bttrfly76

shela
08-10-2007, 10:14 PM
My husband is in Rudd also. I will be visiting him tomorrow and sunday. It is a good small unit. Although some of the dorms were in lock down this last week. Did you call Friday to make sure you could visit this week? It is always a good idea to call ahead. There is no guard at the front parking lot entrance. They do not search your car. They just ask for your tag #. Bring your quarters- Its always nice to get them a little snack and especially if they miss chow due to the visit. My husband just got moved from F dorm to E dorm just as they were locking down F. His new dorm is really quiet. He likes it much better.

feel free to pm me anytime with any specific questions you might have. Enjoy your visit!!
I am really looking forward to mine!!!

KarmaDPhillips
06-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Hello Everybody!!I'm the new kid to this block and I was wondering if there was anyone who currently has a loved one in Rudd Unit who would be interested in sharing a ride together for visitations. I would be happy to share the gas cost or car( mines or yours.. whatever) towards it. I was suppose to go earlier this month but because I was layed off from my job last month, ive been trying to hurry up and get a rebound job. If interested please email me or pm me so we can talk and get a set-up for the ride and details. Please PM member. I plan on going this weekend Sunday (6/29/08)from 12-4p.m.
God Bless!! :grouphug:

Lovin Reyes
06-18-2009, 11:15 PM
i currently have my boyfriend there. We met while he was out awaiting trial and i got a job working for tha county. so sadly we're not allowed any visitation while he was in county or when he got transferred to middleton. now he is at rudd. he's only a few minutes away but it feels like a million.

gurlraser
07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
My boyfriend just got transferred on Monday to Rudd. Very heartbroken because its very far from where I live. Only got to see him once at Middleton before they transferred him.:(

Mrs.McQueen01
07-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I do understant the drive.

christys76
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm brand new to this..... My brother was convicted and sentenced in May of this year to 10 years. He was sent from Dallas County to Middleton and stayed there for 30 days and was then transferred to Rudd last week. I know Rudd is a transfer/pre-parole unit and was wondering if anyone could shed light on why they would send him there. We are working on filing a motion to ask for shock but haven't even filed anything yet. Also, all of his family lives in the Dallas area so it's over 300 miles. Are there special situations for visitation since we live so far?

eddiet
05-09-2012, 03:43 PM
My brother is now at Rudd. Are any of your people still housed there? It is very hard to find people who are there now.....any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

froglover
05-10-2012, 08:48 AM
My brother is now at Rudd. Are any of your people still housed there? It is very hard to find people who are there now.....any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

my BF is there now after being transferred from Middleton

eddiet
05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello Froglover! How long has he been there? Have you heard from him? How are the conditions?

froglover
05-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Hello Froglover! How long has he been there? Have you heard from him? How are the conditions?

He's been there since the first.. He's says they run out of writing supplies stamps all the time.. Also it gets really hot and there is no air conditioning also the machine to wash the food trays had broken down twice since he's been there. But it is a smaller unit so hopefully he will adjust soon

eddiet
05-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I keep calling and they are telling me that my brother has not turned in his visitors list. I have emailed him twice to get it turned in...we were hoping to visit this weekend. BUT they say they don't have anything for him. Does ANYONE have any suggestions?

froglover
05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
They told me the same thing. I wish I could visit but i'm in California so letters are the only way I can communicate with him..

Mrs.Gamez
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Awww my baby is at rudd

dawgpound
08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I think my son is soon to go to Rudd from Middleton. He just finished intake and thinks he is being transferred. I just looked at his page online and it says Rudd, not Middleton, so I guess he is going there. I read its smaller. But he writes often, so I also read they run out of stamps? Anybody still around with someone at Rudd??
dawgpound