View Full Version : Segovia Transfer Prison Unit - Texas - Region Vl - Discussion/Chat Thread

Brent's Mom
03-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Segovia Transfer Unit is in Edinberg,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If so tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who have visit or have been at this prison.

LadyNW
09-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi, I also have family there.Can anyone help me ? I know nothing about the prison. So anything you can tell me will be appreciated. Nance

stillnlove
09-22-2006, 10:00 PM
my husband is at Segovia unit. Seems to take a long time to get mail to him and to receive mail from him. It is pretty boring there. My husband has a hard time sleeping because it is so hot. He has taken the few classes they offer there and stays bored. He comes home in a few months. I cant wait. I have not seen him in so long....they put him at Segovia which is about 10-12 hours from where we live. I would also like to hear what anyone has to say about this unit. I was beginning to wonder if my husband was the only one there !! :)

jmm
12-30-2006, 05:30 PM
This is a Pre-release Unit . Very laid back and most inmates are low nonviolent offenders accept the ones waiting there to be transfered out . My boyfriend was at Holliday , Byrd Goree and Darrington. His words were this Segovia is like Heaven compared to the others - Darrington being the worst. Everyone there was extreamly nice . Far drive I agree. But his face was worth the 8 hours. Be glad when your loved one is assigned there - it usually is they are on thier way home.

kristah350
01-25-2007, 04:44 AM
Well my husband is next door at Lopez, His mother and I go visit him 1x month because it is so far away. He says that Lopez is better than any other prison he's been to. It's very strict which makes the prisoners more laid back in a way. He did tell me about a time that they had to gas some prisoners in the church because the TDCJ inmates and the state jail inmates were getting into it. He was approved for parole on 12/22 with an FI-3R requiring him to take the Changes class however in the parole board infinite wisdom they stated he couldn't start the class until April giving him a release date in July, however he was able to start the class on 1/10 but unless they change their minds he still won't be released until July, I just hope that he can get moved closer to home after completing the class. I do know he is up for reclassification on 1/29 which should put him at a trustee. Just a little background.
I haven't seen hardly any threads regarding the Lopez unit, but since Segovia is right next door, I decided that this would be a good place to post.
Prayers to all and their loved ones.

RMD4EVER
04-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Well hey everyone my husband is now at the pre release unit (segovia),and I just found this thread,it seems to offer alot of classes so thats a good thing,but,dag its at the boarder! I was told not to travel alone to go there because of the crime in the town,is this true?Anyone know what the unit looks like or anything?Also does anyone know about hostess houses near there or hotels? Any help is appreciated and Thanks!