View Full Version : Lynaugh Prison Unit - Texas - Region Vl - Discussion/Chat Thread

Brent's Mom
03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Lynaugh Unit is in Fort Stockton,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If so tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who visit or have been at this prison.

browneyedgirl45
01-30-2007, 07:54 AM
hi my name is vickie and my hubby was transfered to the lynaugh unit in may of 2006. i have yet to go for a visit, but am planning one this feb. it will be our first contact visit, and i'm so excited!!!

we are also in the parole review process, so please keep us in your prayers. now that i have found this thread, i'll be back to hopfully find more posting here.

take care and God Bless!

jojacks
01-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Welcome to PTO!!!

browneyedgirl45
01-30-2007, 08:15 AM
thanks for the welcome, but i'm not a newbie! lol! i've been around since 2005, i think.:confused: my mind doesn't work much these days. but thanks again!!!!

Debra50
01-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Welcome back ronniesgirl,I feel like my mind is not working too.We have to put God first and everything will work out for us. God Bless You!!!!!!

gracie soto
01-31-2007, 12:17 PM
If You Have Any Information On The Lynaugh Unit. Please Post. Anything Will Be Helpful. My Husband Just Made It To The Unit. I Want To Know How Soon I Be Able To Visit. Any Restrictions On Mail, Etc...please Forward Any Information That You Think May Be Helpful.
Does Anyone Plan To Travel From The Houston Area?
Thanks.

Gracie

browneyedgirl45
01-31-2007, 04:02 PM
If You Have Any Information On The Lynaugh Unit. Please Post. Anything Will Be Helpful. My Husband Just Made It To The Unit. I Want To Know How Soon I Be Able To Visit. Any Restrictions On Mail, Etc...please Forward Any Information That You Think May Be Helpful.
Does Anyone Plan To Travel From The Houston Area?
Thanks.

Gracie

hi my hubby has been at lynaugh almost a year now. it's a laid back unit. all the people i've talked to there in the offices have been really great. not sure on how long he has to be there before a visit. i'll be going for my first visit in feb. if i decide to drive, i'll pass through the houston area. wanna split the cost and go together? we can do a thelma and louise thing, without the ending of course! let me know here or pm, whichever you like. i also have some phone numbers i can give you if you need them. hope this helps.

gracie soto
02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Very pleased that you responded so quickly. I was planning a trip in April however, I'm willing to compromise. I would like to talk about spliting the ride. When in February are planning the trip? Where are you driving from?

browneyedgirl45
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
hello all! anyone need info on the lynaugh unit, just drop it here and i'll get back to you soon.

take care!!!!!!

shela
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a question about the email from tdcj...

When I found out the morning my husband had just been transfered from county, I tried to look him up in the search engine, I emailed, then I called to try to find out where they took him. Well, of course that day they told me that it would take a few days to find out so I waited and kept searching the web till I found him. I found out he is in Middleton, I visited today. But Yesterday I received an email back from the search email from tdc that I sent. It says that he is assigned to the Lynaugh Unit. Could this be a mistake? Could he be going there this week? I went back to the search engine and tried to put his name in different ways to see if there was another person in tx with our last name, but I had no luck. He still has one or two more things to do for the intake process. What do you think? Surely they would not tell me where he IS going...

If he is going there, at least you gals say it is a laid back unit - just 733 miles from my home.

irishtexan4ever
12-13-2008, 12:37 PM
:o Hi my name is Sarah. My dad is in this unit and I joined because I wanted some people to relate to. My email address is (email removed). I find that I don't really fit in at my house with my family because I'm the only one who misses my dad. Does anyone else feel like this? Any answers or email will be appreciated.
Peace, Love, and Happiness to You...Sarah

mrscooper
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM
pictures this weekend ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fredaco
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Lynaugh Unit is in Fort Stockton,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If so tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who visit or have been at this prison.

Hello, My son is in the Lynaugh Unit. I could use info on the unit. I need the wardens Phone number and does it do any good to call him.
My son has been there for about 6 years.
Fredaco

GraysonMom
05-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Here's a link with the unit's address and phone number. The second link is TDCJ Website. Hope this helps and blessings as always.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/lh.htm

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/adminrvw/adminrvw-ombud.htm

fredaco
05-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello, I am new here and would like to know how to post and get info on my son who is in the Lynaugh Unit. Most of the post I see are years ago. Is there another place to go to. Thanks for any info is very appreciated.
Jeff's Mom
Fredaco

mrscooper
05-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Lynaugh unit is not a very popular place on this site. Not a lot goes no there, which is a good thing.
my husband has been there almost 3 years, and he is doing fine. It is really really laid back, the only thing is becuse they are so far out of the way the the guards tend to be not so nice at times,, but as a whole i have always been respected.
If you would like to ask anything please dont hesitate to pm me.........

GraysonMom
05-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Fredaco here is the address and telephone number.

1098 South Highway 2037
Fort Stockton, Texas 79735
(432) 395-2938

The two links in my previous post have information on how to file a complaint. The second link has addtional stastical information on this unit. mrs. cooper gave you some specifics on the unit. Looks like it's a good one.

MammaD
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi, I visited my son Sunday at the Robertson Unit in Abilene. He will transfer this week to Lynaugh. I need the address to start sending him letters.
Thanks so much!

GraysonMom
05-26-2009, 11:20 PM
MamaD, here is a link with the address and information on the Lynaugh Unit. Hope this helps and Blessings as always.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/lh.htm

MammaD
05-29-2009, 08:40 AM
I appreciate the information. He was moved from Robertson yesterday. It was supposed to just take one day to move him but he's glad because he was able to order commissary.

cactusprincess
09-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I just found out last week that one of my friends I have been looking for is in the Lynaugh Unit. I was just wondering how all this works I am new and I probably wont be able to go see them for awhile for I live out of state. So if anyone could give me some information that would be great. I sent aletter but I just found out the mail is taking longer than normal. Is that true ? How will I know if he got it I forgot to put the name of his unit on it but I put his number on there is that enough ??? Any help would be great.

mrscooper
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
its good to put the unit name but as long as you got the address and his tdc number it will be fine... you can call to see if your on the visitation list.. they update it pretty qucikly., my husband updated his on the 26th and i got his new list 4 days later so its quick.... hope all works out.

Guinevere
09-25-2009, 06:41 PM
The TDC site says that this unit is supposed to have training for electrical/plumbing/automotive trades. Is this true or have they done away with those programs? Anybody know?

mrscooper
10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
As far as I know there are no programs like that that I know off,. but ill ask my husband...

cactusprincess
10-09-2009, 08:39 PM
My guy friend said there are and that he is taking them or took them. not sure though

hitulily
10-14-2009, 10:27 PM
My husband took the plumbing (he did not get certified) because of the timing? He likes automotives, but I have not heard him mentioned anything on that subject.

mrscooper
10-21-2009, 08:04 AM
well see, its good to have other wifes and girlfriends here cuz my husband never mentioned those things,, LOL,,, now imma ask him why he didnt go to school there.... 34 days for me ladies,,, i just wanna find out if i have to go to huntsville or if they will release him from Robertson, anyone have any ideas,., a CO told him Robertson, but I dont know,,,,,

cactusprincess
10-30-2009, 10:04 PM
:confused: Sorry to bother all but I need HELP ...My friend is trying to file for divorce and I need to find the waiver paperwork, I cant find it anywhere. I am sending him the papers but he as well as I can not afford to pay for it so any help you can give would be GREAT !!!!!! THANK YOU.

Dlila
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
My son is in the Lynaugh Unit and has been there for about 2 months. It is very laid back from what he says. I am going to see him this weekend. I am in the Amarillo area. About how far of a drive? And where is a good place to stay. I get a 2 day visit 4 hrs aday! WOOHOO. I can't wait to wrap my arms around his neck.

Dlila
09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
:dmy son is in the lynaugh unit and has been there for about 2 months. It is very laid back from what he says. I am going to see him this weekend. I am in the amarillo area. About how far of a drive? And where is a good place to stay. I get a 2 day visit 4 hrs aday! Woohoo. I can't wait to wrap my arms around his neck.

Wymer
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
There are lots of places to stay in Ft Stockton. If I were you, I'd just google Ft Stockton hotels and choose one in your price range. The biggest problem I have is finding a good place to eat! Be sure to take closed-toe shoes for your visit, because they're usually very picky about that.

bunnylover
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Hello all, My husband is in Lynaugh Unit. I went down to see him a few weekends ago. I noticed that the last post said they are really picky about shoes and stuff. I will tell you that from what I saw they are not picky at all. i saw women in high heeled shoes that were nothing but straps on their feet. I saw women in low cut white shirts. a tight but short white dress, and lots of tight jeans. i was shocked at how some of them were allowed in for the visits. I went to Gurney when he was there and now THEY are extremely picky about what you wear. Good luck if you try these things. I would never take the chance of not being able to see him after such a drive. I love my baby. Forever and Always.