View Full Version : Halbert SAFP Prison Unit (Female)-Texas-RegionVl-Discussion/Chat-Thread

Brent's Mom
03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Halbert SAFP Unit (Female) is in Burnet,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If so tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who visit or have been at this Prison.

cookvillegrl20
07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
hello, my daughter is in halbert unit, please get back with me i would love to talk with you
LORI

wbcabilene
08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
There are several who visit prisontalk.com who have daughters or grand-daughters in Halbert. Look in the Texas forum or search safp. My daughter has been in Halbert since April 23. She turned 29 there in August. She has been in trouble and rebellious since she was 17. This is the first time she was actually imprisoned. She is very intelligent, so I think the courts kept thinking she would grow out of it. Hopefully this is what it will take. It's still sad to think about how much of her life she has wasted.
They are very tight lipped at Halbert, but a few of us have managed to find out some things by comparing notes from visits and letters. Let me know if there is something specific you want to know or just want to talk.
Sandy

pami57
08-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Have you heard any thing about the new legislature (that's what my daughter called it) that goes into effect September 1st which involves not sending "parolees" to SAFP? Supposedly all parolees there now will be given completion dates and sent home. SAFP was originally set up for only "probationers" and that is what they want to get it back to since the waiting backs everything up in the county jails.

Storm54
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello,

My daughter is there. If you have any questions or concerns just ask.:o

pams lilsis
11-28-2006, 01:48 PM
my sister is going but she is waiting on a bed and she is also taking the class changes should she be doing that I thought you took Changes when you were on your way home:confused: Thank you Marilyn

LowellB
12-07-2006, 03:30 PM
My wife just went to Halbert unit also. Can you help with any info

pams lilsis
12-07-2006, 08:41 PM
where was your wife at before she went and how did you know the date she was going . my sister is in Murray still waiting to go but also taking Changes did your wife have to take that class

LowellB
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Her po told her. She had to do 30days in county jail, then she was release home waiting on a bed for 2 months(waiting at home is very rare, normally you wait in county jail). She had to to her po once a week. We live in Orange county & no she had to take that class. But she had to take alot of other classes

scottha558
03-20-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm going to visit my wife on April 7th... I think... She has only been there for about 30 days, can I visit that soon?

pams lilsis
03-20-2007, 06:33 AM
was she in TDCJ before she went to Halbert

scottha558
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
No, she was held in a County jail for 4 months and finally got a "bed"... I really want/need to see and touch her... But it's a 200 mile drive and I would rather send her the money than waste it on gas. I've read about Tight House and it makes me want to throw up! Seriously, physically sick! The only hope is that we will be back together sooner rather than later...

pams lilsis
03-21-2007, 04:02 PM
if she just arrived there she missed the tighthouse this time they just got off hope she does not have to go through that

pami57
03-21-2007, 10:02 PM
scottha558 - my daughter left Halbert this past November. She was there from April - November, the last month just waiting on space at the halfway house. She endured two "tight house" diciplines. One was for 35 days and one for 5 or 7 days, I can't remember now. Other than the tight house she says it wasn't too bad. Her biggest complaint was not being able to rest much during the day. The days are full of "groups" and classes plus work. her other complaint was medical care, lack of. We visited her every weekend and I wrote her every single day and she says that is the only way she could make it through it. She would have made it without our support but it would have been very sad and difficult for her. They need the support of their loved ones. I also kept a little money on her books so she could have "treats". I had magazines and newspapers from our local town sent to her from the publisher/book store. Our drive was 2 1/2 to 3 hours every weekend but it was so worth the drive to be able to sit with her for two hours. Sometimes the visits were sad because she would cry so much, and beg to get to go home. It's so hard to walk away from them when they are going through such an emotional roller-coaster. My daugher was in prison 5 months prior to SAFP and I must say that it was SAFP that helped her the most. Even with the torture of tight house, she survived and the halfway house being a big joke - she survived that too. She is home now and doing ok, working full time from 2 weeks after arriving at the halfway house. She calls SAFP - a brain washing and a place that breaks your spirit. She is still very subdued, and doesn't talk much. She says that is from being afraid 'cause at SAFP they can't talk, or they aren't suppose to except withint their "groups". She is not the same happy go lucky daugher I used to have, but if it means staying off the drugs and drinking then I'll take that!

Sorry this is so long, if you have any specific questions, just ask and I'll try to answer. You can PM me if you want!

You should be able to visit, we visited the weekend of her first week there. You can call the unit to make sure. Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 5 pm. It's better to go early if you want to buy her snacks out of the machines, other wise they will be pretty much picked over.

Good luck.

pams lilsis
03-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Hi Pami My Pam survived tighthouse also it was torture for her you are so right about them staying busy I am lucky to get one letter a week from her she is always so tired she does not have the time or energy to write . still nothing about her mammo I hope she comes out of this in good shape but I will have to wait until she is home to see that

Bluebonnets
04-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Pami57, thank you for sharing your views on Halbert. As I have said on another thread, my daughter just got an Fi-5 vote from the Parole Board and will be going there whenever a bed opens up for her. It helps to know what lies ahead. I will be going to visit her this weekend and will be able to calm her down, I hope. She did NOT want SAF-P and now she is ending up with virtually the same thing. She will not be a happy camper! Your post will help me know what to say to her. Thank you!

scottha558
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow! Here's some advice for anybody going to visit. They allow $20.00 in coins only... They take pics that cost $3.00 each, so the 20 comes in handy. I only went in with 10 dollars and will not let that happen again. They don't allow any visitors past the guard shack until 8AM, but it doesn't seem to get really busy intil about 10. You will go in and be in a room with about 20 tables with 3 to 4 chairs each. It was raining when I was there, but I could see an area outside that looked like a "good weather" area... Much better in my opinion... I loved every minute that I had with my wife, and so did our son. It's seems rather impersonal at first, but then you realize that nobody around you really even cares about anybody but the person that they are there for. Bluebonnets, it is very stressful for them, but I feel that in the long run your daughter will be much better for it... I really hope this helps those of you that haven't visited your loved ones yet.

Hugs and kisses, Scott

*Edit*

I just thought about a couple of other things to help new visitors... If you pull up to the guard shack early, they will ask you to go bakc to the yellow signs... About an 8th of a mile back. The guards are really nice and will ask you to open your hood, trunk and all doors as well as getting everybody out of the vehicle. While driving in (281?), go with the sign that says 'Prison", it's next to a Chicken Express or something like that. After making the turn, don't get fooled by the factory to your right, just keep going around. There's a rodeo grounds... Keep right. All in all, not the best experience, but SO well worth it. Especially for the girl/lady that you're going to see...

Bluebonnets
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Scott -- thanks for the end-of-the-road directions. That will help once my daughter gets there. Right now she is still at Woodman State Jail in Gatesville waiting to go. She has been there just over 90 days. Visits there are similar to what you described (pictures are just offered on the first full weekend of the month.) We made the trip to visit her yesterday. It was our first visit since she found out she made parole but has to go to Halbert first. She took it better than I expected. We didn't get to visit last week because of the icy conditions so I had written her and included info I learned here on PTO about Halbert and SAFP. It gave her some real life facts to counter some of the stories she had been told. I think that helped her so I am grateful to all of you especially Pami57 and your daughter for sharing your experiences. We are both ready for her to get to Halbert so she can get started..... so she can move on to the halfway house..... and then finally come home!

Tony23
08-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello

I have a girlfriend that will be going to SAFP somewhere in Texas. I am trying to find out how many female SAFP programs are in Texas, which one she may end up attending, what she can expect so I can inform her as much as possible, and any other pertinent info we may need. I am also relaying the information to her mother in Florida, so visiting, mail and commissary information would be appreciated too.

She was just transferred from Nueces County in Corpus Christi, Texas where she was given SAFP as part as a plea deal, but she has other charges in Dallas County and we are trying to get the D.A. to go concurrent with the sentence with a plea there as well. I dont know how they determine which location they send her, especially since the court in Nueces County first made the deal with her going to SAFP. I am hoping she will be heading somewhere in Central to North Texas since she is from that area.

Feel free to email or PM me if you like as well, thank you so much for your time.

Tony23 :)

HisWifey4304
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
My husband was in SAFP. There are more males SAFP units the women. I think women have only 2 or 3 units I could be wrong though. SAFP is a tough program and will only help that person if they are willing to change there lifestyle and want to live clean and sober. I always used Jpay.com to put money on his account. He was 2 hours away from where we live but now he is back in the same county where he is charged living in a halfway house. There are many people on here who have had a loved one experianced SAFP also some who have themselves been in SAFP.

Tony23
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
My husband was in SAFP. There are more males SAFP units the women. I think women have only 2 or 3 units I could be wrong though. SAFP is a tough program and will only help that person if they are willing to change there lifestyle and want to live clean and sober. I always used Jpay.com to put money on his account. He was 2 hours away from where we live but now he is back in the same county where he is charged living in a halfway house. There are many people on here who have had a loved one experianced SAFP also some who have themselves been in SAFP.

Thanks for the information, I understand the program only works if the person is willing to change. I have heard the same about there only being about 2 units. I have not been able to confirm that. I know one is in or near Burnet, TX. Thats not too far away considering she was just transferred from Nueces County. She should be in Dallas County soon if not already and so I dont know where they would send her after Dallas County decides what they want to do. She will also have to go to a halfway house afterwards, but for now I am just trying to look for all and any information I can for SAFP for women.

Tony23:)

rose_lover
08-22-2007, 10:16 PM
My daughter was sentenced to Halbert this week and was told it would be 4 months before she could get a bed. She will stay in County Jail till then. I called TDC office in Huntsville this morning and was told Halbert is the only SAFPF for women. I'm new to this site and the more I read about SAFP the more worried I get. I hope she can get through it.

Tony23
08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
My daughter was sentenced to Halbert this week and was told it would be 4 months before she could get a bed. She will stay in County Jail till then. I called TDC office in Huntsville this morning and was told Halbert is the only SAFPF for women. I'm new to this site and the more I read about SAFP the more worried I get. I hope she can get through it.

I believe there are two, Halbert(Burnet, TX) and Hackberry(Gatesville, TX). Hackberry being the special needs unit and the 'clients' stay there for 9 months vs. the 6 months at Halbert. I am new at this too, but thats what I gather from reading all day here. I have gotten false information from TDC before, it wouldnt be the 1st time they have shown incompetence. :rolleyes:

Tony23 :)

pams lilsis
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM
just wait and see if it works only if they want to change or if it does because they are completely broken down!

DebS
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi Rose,
I am fairly new here too and my daughter has been in the Halbert Unit in Burnet for about 4 weeks. She's adjusting well and has a good attitude so far and is very grateful for the therapy and counseling sessions. I think she's learning alot. She is in for methanphetamine use. She was almost 4 months pregnant when she was arrested and she waited 5 months, til she had the baby, to be sent to SAF P. My husband and I have custody of the baby and she's just turned 2 months old. It's really tough, but we're trying to stay optomistic.
Anyway, welcome to the site and if you want to talk, I'm here. I live south of Houston. Where are you?

sks32cheer
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
What is tight house? Anyone

Sunnie69
12-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I have called the Halbert Unit and they told me they don't care if ID is expired and they don't check for warrants. Is this true? I absolutely can NOT take the chance they check for warrants...please help.
How long is the program? I've heard 60 days, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months??? Do they have to go through the halfway house after SAFP?

pams lilsis
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
it is a 6 month program and yes you have to go a HWH for 3 months after you complete Safp the ID part I do not know because mine was current and they got on the computer to check something but I think it was the visitor list Halbert is a small place for visitation and gets really loud at times . I would call again and see if you are given the same answer most of the time you have to have a current ID with the address the same as what she put on her visitation list.They do check you car inside and you have to open your hood and trunk

Sunnie69
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Thank you so much for the info. Can they not make phone calls there?

Eragon79
12-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Be thankful that your loved ones are in halburt unit and not Hackberry unit in gatesville, they treat them like dogs there, I'm currenlty trying to get my wife transferred out of hackberry, because she was on anti-depressents due to post-partum depression and they didn't do a phsyc eval before they sentenced her. plus halbert is 3 months shorter.
Well take care.

Chris

tinker2
01-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know how long you have to wait to go to Halbert Safe P.

cowboy1
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Visits can be the first weekend after your are added to the visitation list. You can call the unit and they can tell you pretty quickly

cowboy1
01-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know who determines what HWH they will go too after leaving SAFP? The PO's office is telling me that it is determined by the offending county. Then somebody from TDJC told me it is depending where residence is, and it will be closest to residence after release.
Confused again.......
With about 270 miles between these for me I still cant figure squat out.

pams lilsis
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
They try to put them as close to home as they can Christi my niece was sent to Lubbock that is about 5 hrs from her home and my sister was sent to Ft Worth close to me I had noticed when Pam was in Halbert they sent a lot of Parole's to the VOA in Ft Worth and Probationer's was sent to Lubbock

cowboy1
02-01-2008, 07:01 AM
That is what the Probation department told me. And since the closest county with any size to it would be Tarrant Co. that was where they are going to try and place her. Makes absolutely no scence to me, since home is 250 miles southeast!

cowboy1
02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Does anybody know if their is an issue with mail at Halbert? I havent gotten any mail in about 15 days and I got used to at least a couple a week before my gal went here.

cowboy1
06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Hello all, I know all of us that are in the Halbert SAFP club hate this place like no other, much less the gals that have been there, but I actually found a possitive to this place.

About two weeks ago I was invited to the unit for a bible based seminar called "A Day With Mom". I was able to spend seven hours with my gal and my boy with 6 other families. The seminar is geared for mothers that have made extreme progress and have children in grade school. It was to let the girls see what impact that they are/how impacting their children and families by their choices. You stay in a classroom setting on the unit and go through a multitude of activites that promote family values and family expectations. The families and the mothers were treated with the utmost respect during this time by the staff and the counselors that put this program on. We were allowed our normal visitation after the seminar since the class was not treated as part of the visitation. So needless to say 9 hours of bonding time between moms and kids.

The saddest part of this whole thing was you could see a commonality with all the children no matter what the age. You could tell they all loved their mothers very much but there was some apprehension or trust issues beween all of them with their mothers.

Again I will say that I do hate this place and the things that they do there to our loved ones, but my hats off to the ones that put this program together.

BB's Mom
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Cowboy,

What a great program! Hopefully it will shed insight on the mothers how their actions have affected their children and they will moved towards healing their relationships with them.

G.E.M.
07-14-2008, 03:35 PM
my mom is in halbert now. she has been there since january and her 6 months was up last week. still no word on her transfer date to the halfway house. does anyone know if they normally have to wait some time after their 6 months is up to be transferred out of there? did your loved one find out transfer date some time in advance? thanks for any reply and advice given.

CherrysGirl
10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
My Baby just went there. She has a real good attitude about just getting this thing over with, but I'm so scared for her. I've heard all these horror stories, and then they just keep on keeping you if you don't have a HWH lined up. I've found a HWH that's just 25 miles away from me. How can I get her in there? She needs to be by her kids - and me.

perrymason9
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
do anybody knows about hackberry unit

APJ Mom
05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
There are several who visit prisontalk.com who have daughters or grand-daughters in Halbert. Look in the Texas forum or search safp. My daughter has been in Halbert since April 23. She turned 29 there in August. She has been in trouble and rebellious since she was 17. This is the first time she was actually imprisoned. She is very intelligent, so I think the courts kept thinking she would grow out of it. Hopefully this is what it will take. It's still sad to think about how much of her life she has wasted.
They are very tight lipped at Halbert, but a few of us have managed to find out some things by comparing notes from visits and letters. Let me know if there is something specific you want to know or just want to talk.
Sandy

I would appreciate any info you can give me about the Halbert unit. My daughter has been there since May 3rd. It is frustrating getting any word from her and maneuvering around the whole phone and visit system. I don't have a landline in Texas and I my landline in Arizona (where I'm moving on June 4th) is not in my name but my husband, but my daughter has not added him to visitation list yet, so we can't get that line set up yet, besides they tell me that her voice has not been recorded yet (as they only come to the unit once per month and have not been there yet). I have e-mailed her weekly through jpay and have sent letters, but I have not heard a word from her. Is it really that overwhelming the first few weeks they girls get there? My daughter was trustee in county jail for 60 days before a bed was open there, is she getting trustee status there? She had money on her account from county jail which they told me got transferred with her, what kind of things can she get there for the money I put on her account. I am hoping to visit her this Sunday and I'm told they have a family class (if they have enough staffI) - is there anything I should bring when I visit her? I'm told I could get a 4 hour visit if I ask the Warden because I'm driving more than 400 miles one way to see her. Do you have experience with longer visits? Please share anything you can about your visits with your daughter. I appreciate anything you can share with me.

helpnew2allthis
06-04-2010, 07:36 PM
My girlfriend just went to halbert Yesterday What can you tell me about it? I'm so worried about her All info is appreciated Whats this Tight House? PM me please if you dont mind Thanks

helpnew2allthis
06-04-2010, 07:39 PM
My Baby just went there. She has a real good attitude about just getting this thing over with, but I'm so scared for her. I've heard all these horror stories, and then they just keep on keeping you if you don't have a HWH lined up. I've found a HWH that's just 25 miles away from me. How can I get her in there? She needs to be by her kids - and me.

My girls PO told me she handles the HWH part

mamajmg
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry you haven't received a reply to your questions yet. Although I have NO experience with the female units my son was also at SAFP. As the basic program is the same I can share some info with you .

overwhelming the first few weeks they girls get there?

During the first several weeks they are in orientation phase - and although their days are full it is more likely (IMO) that she may not have paper or stamps yet. When my son arrived a "big brother" snuck him a stamp to mail me a letter - he was questioned where he got the stamp from a c.o.. She should be able to make commissary soon and until then she will sure enjoy the letters/cards from you!

My daughter was trustee in county jail for 60 days before a bed was open there, is she getting trustee status there?
No, she will not have trustee status. As they complete the phases in the SAFP program they move up in structure which allows more privilege, status and commissary money.

She had money on her account from county jail which they told me got transferred with her, what kind of things can she get there for the money I put on her account.

Yes, her money will transfer with her. She will have a designated commissary day where she can request/purchase personal hygiene items, snacks, etc.. They are fed much better than county, and the amount they can spend is increased as they advance in the program so the first month will probably be used moreso for stamps and hygiene.
I am hoping to visit her this Sunday and I'm told they have a family class (if they have enough staffI) - is there anything I should bring when I visit her?

I'm not familiar with the female unit - however if the guidelines are the same you're permitted to bring $25 per person in change to purchase snacks during the visit. Use a clear baggy with coins in clear coin wrap or lose change so the money is visible. They permitted me to carry in tissues/coins/ID and car keys and that's it.

I'm told I could get a 4 hour visit if I ask the Warden because I'm driving more than 400 miles one way to see her. Do you have experience with longer visits?

You should qualify for special visit - it really would be best to contact the warden secretary ASAP for scheduling/approval and obtain their requirements.
Please share anything you can about your visits with your daughter. I appreciate anything you can share with me.

That first visit and hug after so very long always had me crying before he ever entered the room!

I hope that helps some until someone with a loved one at Halbert comes along!

mamajmg
06-07-2010, 11:25 PM
My girlfriend just went to halbert Yesterday What can you tell me about it? I'm so worried about her All info is appreciated Whats this Tight House? PM me please if you dont mind Thanks

Hi helpnew2allthis - I hope you'll benefit from some of the basic information I provided for APJ mom.

You questioned tight house. It's a term used for a disciplinary tool used in the SAFP program. As it was explained to me tight house is put into action after repeated offense by one or more "clients". The SAFP and TDC personnel make the joint decision after meeting to discuss the infractions and other discipline actions taken. My son experienced it - they were placed in a classroom with only their SAFP "manual" to read for eight hours. There were regular bathroom breaks and they ate sack lunches. When I told him of some of the horror stories I've been told about tight house he just laughed and said that he not only had not experienced it he had never heard of anyone else either.

I'm sure someone will be along soon that has direct experience with Halbert and their practices.

cowboy1
06-08-2010, 04:43 PM

The best thing I can tell you to do is write her frequently and visit as often as possible. My wife stayed in there almost 10 months due to bed shortages. It is a mentally draining place on the girls and women.

If you have any specific questions you can Pm me.

storm3
06-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Why Ex/Father of my kids is in Burnet. He is in the 90 day treatment center there. How do phone calls work. When I call to ask they always give me a different answer. I was told correctional billings then I was told offender connect, then I was told put money on his books. Every time I ask I get a different answer. I am so confused. Also, if I put money on correctional billings and offender connect will it noot work because I have 2 different accounts set up?
Thanks,
Storm

helpnew2allthis
06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Go to J Pay . com and call them they will give you all the info you will need answer other questions you may have as far as money on books and phone.

helpnew2allthis
06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Why Ex/Father of my kids is in Burnet. He is in the 90 day treatment center there. How do phone calls work. When I call to ask they always give me a different answer. I was told correctional billings then I was told offender connect, then I was told put money on his books. Every time I ask I get a different answer. I am so confused. Also, if I put money on correctional billings and offender connect will it noot work because I have 2 different accounts set up?
Thanks,
Storm

Go to J Pay . com and call them they will give you all the info you will need answer other questions you may have as far as money on books and phone.

twokittens
02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
:)Go to J Pay . com and call them they will give you all the info you will need answer other questions you may have as far as money on books and phone.
Hi,I'am new to this site.I too have a daughter in halbert,can anyone tell me howlong you have to wait before you can see anyone. do they send out a packet for something ?

brightey3z
03-03-2011, 12:46 AM
:)
Hi,I'am new to this site.I too have a daughter in halbert,can anyone tell me howlong you have to wait before you can see anyone. do they send out a packet for something ?

I was just released from Halbert. The very first weekend she is there your able to go visit.

utchrisp
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! I have been trying to research as much as possible about SAFP and this thread is really great and comforting as much as can be!

Brief as possible, my loved one , about to be 32yrs old, has been revoked of her probation with just a single week to go out of 3 years. she was on probation for possession PG 1...and has had a long long history of abuse with prescription pills (hydrocodones, suboxones, etc..) during our relationship. I have stuck by her all this time but nothing has helped. She is getting revoked due to the fact that she was introduced to "ice" again and she failed her UA. I am just devaststed. She was informed of her revocation and that very evening decided she was going to basically say screw it and go crazy with the partying since at that point it didnt matter about what she had to hide after signing her SAFP papers for commitment! She got busted that very evening with another possession charge for PG 3 and a delivery felony charge now to boot! My girlfriend is currently in jail in Denton county awaiting trial for both new charges....uuugh, then after whatever comes of that she will most likely be sent to fullfill her obligations at Halbert.

I am curious to know how to locate her info once she is transported? How soon can I visit and how often? What can I bring? Not bring? How can she call me?

and most importantly I would really like to hear from anyone who had a loved one who continuously lied to a partner about there use and if after release from SAFP ...were there any real changes in the individual? Mine doesnt really have any confidence already and i am scared that this experience may ruin her for being capable of being loved and touched. I am afraid that what little trust if any she has in others right now may completely disappear all together making what i hope can still be a great life together even more difficult than it already has been!

please help! Chris (and Lindsay)

ironman3737
12-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Sandy
my girlfriend is in Halbert safp. Her mom sent her mail Christmas card, letter, and another Christmas card. Items were sent in separate mailings; but all items were returned. We don't know why. I have been using Jpay myself; and my emails seem to get through so far. Is there a hand book of rules? I'm brand new to this my girl has been there about 3 weeks I visited her on Sunday. We knew something was being returned, because she told me she must supply the envelope and stamp to return the mail. I will visit again this Sunday. I guess I could ask the officers. who would I ask to speak with any advice would help. Her mom and sisters cannot make the trip but they rely on me for what info I can. And they want to write to her. Thanks for any help. Robert

ironman3737
12-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone! I have been trying to research as much as possible about SAFP and this thread is really great and comforting as much as can be!

Brief as possible, my loved one , about to be 32yrs old, has been revoked of her probation with just a single week to go out of 3 years. she was on probation for possession PG 1...and has had a long long history of abuse with prescription pills (hydrocodones, suboxones, etc..) during our relationship. I have stuck by her all this time but nothing has helped. She is getting revoked due to the fact that she was introduced to "ice" again and she failed her UA. I am just devaststed. She was informed of her revocation and that very evening decided she was going to basically say screw it and go crazy with the partying since at that point it didnt matter about what she had to hide after signing her SAFP papers for commitment! She got busted that very evening with another possession charge for PG 3 and a delivery felony charge now to boot! My girlfriend is currently in jail in Denton county awaiting trial for both new charges....uuugh, then after whatever comes of that she will most likely be sent to fullfill her obligations at Halbert.

I am curious to know how to locate her info once she is transported? How soon can I visit and how often? What can I bring? Not bring? How can she call me?

and most importantly I would really like to hear from anyone who had a loved one who continuously lied to a partner about there use and if after release from SAFP ...were there any real changes in the individual? Mine doesnt really have any confidence already and i am scared that this experience may ruin her for being capable of being loved and touched. I am afraid that what little trust if any she has in others right now may completely disappear all together making what i hope can still be a great life together even more difficult than it already has been!

please help! Chris (and Lindsay)
Hi Chris, I'm doing the same, trying to learn about SAFP. My girlfriend has just been sent to Halbert SAFP from El Paso. My computer was down and I was in Houston. Nobody knew where she was transferred to. I went to J pay and did an inmate search but without the tdc # it was a runaround kept winding up on the same page so started calling facilities until I found her. My girlfriend is very young 22 and when she signed for SAFP, she probably thought it would be easy. Yes she would lie about her using. Now she realizes where she is. She say's she want's the treatment and wants to stop using. I will give her all my support and pray that when she does get out she will remember and stop using. I have read that SAFP is a good program, on the forums through Jpay. But there are so many different threads hard to find ones that deal with Halbert safp. I will follow this forum myself and hopefully it can help me to understand.

Renee
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
In 2006, the Original Poster in this thread said, "Halbert SAFP Unit (Female) is in Burnet,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If so tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who visit or have been at this Prison."

Halbert now has it's own forum. Chit chat threads are for non-prison related issues, so this thread is now closed. Please post your questions, concerns, and/or ideas about Halbert in the Halbert Prison Unit - Texas (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1118) forum.

Thanks!