View Full Version : Anyone with a loved one in Lancater State prison keep in touch.

nay530
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey everyone im new to pto, so anyone with a loved one in Los Angeles State Prison ( Lancaster ) keep in touch.

csusarrah
03-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Welcome to PTO!!!!!!! My husband is also at Lancaster, and soon he will be out of there! If you have any questions PM me :)

teajai71
03-11-2006, 01:57 PM
My husband is in reception in Lancaster. He's been there since December and I just got approved for non-contact visits. I'm making my first trip up there tomorrow!!!!

TS

malogrrl
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi,
I my cousin is in C Yard. I went to visit him on 03/11/06 after 7 years that he has been there. Now that I got approve I hear that they might send him up norht. Not sure where yet.

TINK05
03-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Hello to all.....I am writing to ask all of you of any information that any of you can give me about California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) cause my fiance is being transfered there sometime this week and will be there til November so any information about (visiting, what is able to be sent to them etc etc)it would be greatly appreciated feel free to comment on here and I will just read up on it or message me.....Thankyou to all that are taking the time to read this.....

TINK05
03-26-2006, 09:42 PM
I hope someone is able to give me some answers lol.....thanks

montequie
03-28-2006, 10:43 AM
hi tink my fiancee is also there just got transfered from cci. he is in the msf and is supposed to get out in july but were not sure yet,im still waiting to be approved for visiting so im hoping it will be soon i have yet to receive phone calls seems theres a block on my phone so i haven't talked to him either. oh well the story of our lives right?
well i hope you get to see him soon take care.

TINK05
03-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi Montequie,
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting.....He was also transfered form CCI (who knows maybe they were transfered together) what is msf?....I heard if you were approved at CCI (being a state facility) that your visitation approval goes with him to where ever he goes.....I got a call from him yesterday it was sooo nice to get to hear his voice (but enough about that) yeah allways having to wait and not knowing.....the story of my life right now..... well I hope to hear from you again soon.....

NixBaby
04-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi... My man was sent to Lancaster today.... I didn't know they had reception there.... this sux! Hope ur loved one is doing well and will be home with u soon! take care, NixBaby

waitingforbaby
04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Ladies,
Best of luck to all of you. Strength and patience are our best defenses it seems. I am really happy to have found a good support of others going through what I am. I just signed onto pt yesterday when my baby was sent out to Lancaster- but from county - Does anyone know how long the reception is out there? - Can they make calls while in reception? Right now I am hoping he can at least send me the visitor form (signed) so I can start the process of being able to go see him.

csusarrah
04-15-2006, 05:33 PM
can't make calls in reception and he will be there anywhere between 30-120 days. You can visit him after you get approved, but its only through the glass for an hour

montequie
04-21-2006, 12:00 AM
hi all in response to the question about reception, ITS A LONG WAIT believe me my
fiancee was in reception since august 29 to february 4 or 5,almost 7 months, he was at cci (tehachapi) and was transfered to lancaster he is schedule to get out in july 28th but unfortunately im still waiting for visits i know it sucks but i guess thats just how this damn system works i called the prison and they said my approval is still pending and it pisses me off 'cause this is the third one i send. like my baby said "dont forget im in prison and they always find something to make us miserable"
oh well i guess thats what we have to deal with, well good luck to all take care and GOD bless . and patience lots and lots of patience.

TheForgoten1
04-21-2006, 05:47 PM
yes my babe been at lancaster since dec 05 in reception i been going weekly to vist him for an hour

TheForgoten1
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
any info pm

Paris2704
04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
my boyfriend has been at lancaster for less than a month. he is in reception and im wonderin does it take long for him to get my letters because he is in reception or is it because im out of state. and is there anway i can call and find out if he has already received my letter

waitingforbaby
04-26-2006, 11:37 AM
my boyfriend has been at Lacaster since april 13th - i received two letters both on wednesday of last week. To keep from going to crazy I have been reading a lot of posts by the wonderful people here on PTO. It seems to be that some people get letters from inside while others wait and wait - and for others they get letters but their loved ones inside are waiting. The best we can do is be patient - continue sending our love and prayers. I don't think it is so much that you are out of state - but that they have a lot of mail to sort through. I hope the best for you and your man. Stay strong for both your sakes.

Paris2704
04-28-2006, 05:57 PM
thanks im trying so hard to stay strong and also to have patience but each day that passes by and i dont hear from him or get a letter from him a million things starts going through my mind. im scared worried hurt lost so many emotions wrapped in one. but talking to you all helps me get through the day a lil bit better. thanks

TheForgoten1
04-28-2006, 11:51 PM
i hate lancaster reception its too hard to get a vist and it makes him think i dont want to see him cause i cant freaken get a vist its so frustratuing

TheForgoten1
04-28-2006, 11:56 PM
my boyfriend has been at lancaster for less than a month. he is in reception and im wonderin does it take long for him to get my letters because he is in reception or is it because im out of state. and is there anway i can call and find out if he has already received my letter

their mail room is really really slow most of the times and i live in LA i sent a letter on march 12 and he barly got it two weeks ago! some other times the mail is cool but mostly not:blah:

Cheetoes1
04-29-2006, 12:58 AM
i hate lancaster reception its too hard to get a vist and it makes him think i dont want to see him cause i cant freaken get a vist its so frustratuing

Do they still only have 3 ( or is it 4?) booths to visit in? My husband left that yard before it went to reception and I never could figure out how the prison was going to handle the visiting behind glass :(

KellyA.

TheForgoten1
04-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Do they still only have 3 ( or is it 4?) booths to visit in? My husband left that yard before it went to reception and I never could figure out how the prison was going to handle the visiting behind glass :(

KellyA.

yeah its only 3 booths 4 time slots 12 people per sat and sun odds of making appointment very hard its done in Byard

Paris2704
04-30-2006, 02:20 AM
ok im trying to have patience im really tired i sent it on the 18 of march and still no reply what is going on can i call and see if he got my letter?

keytwo
05-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi, My boyfriend is in Lancaster. I hate it. But it has the closest L4 Yard to LA

DWBsGirl
05-19-2006, 03:40 AM
This is a little off topic but I can see the prison from my house. If your ever wanting someone to talk to after a visit, let me know. Iced tea and coffee are always here.

TheForgoten1
05-19-2006, 10:45 PM
This is a little off topic but I can see the prison from my house. If your ever wanting someone to talk to after a visit, let me know. Iced tea and coffee are always here.

hey ur so close that would of been good if ur man got sent there ! i will think about ur offer lol usually after my one hour vist i am hungry tired and dreading the long drive home :rolleyes:

DWBsGirl
05-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah I thought that to. He doesn't want to come to lancaster :(

Mann'sQueen
05-20-2006, 01:18 PM
for those of you that have visited Tehachapi, which one is better in your opinion... Tehachapi or Lancaster? on your perspective. Then on your significant others?

TheForgoten1
05-20-2006, 01:30 PM
i think tehachapi might be better for reception visting wise from what mt friend says. lancaster reception visting is wack in my opinion

lhei12
05-23-2006, 02:43 AM
hello everyone! just wanted to know if anyone knows the mailing address in lancaster. my boyfriend has been there for 3 weeks now and i'm not quite sure if the mailing address he gave me is right. thanks a lot.

waitingforbaby
05-23-2006, 11:17 AM
My baby went to Lancaster on 4/13 - I get his letters about 3 or so days after we writes them - so not much different than what mail seems to be lately - however it takes about 3 weeks for him to get my letters.
I think the mailing addresses vary to where they are located - I am sending mail to a PO Box 4490

TheForgoten1
05-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Its
Lsp Lac ( Build# And Room#)
P.o Box 4409
Lancaster Ca 93539

keytwo
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
P.O. Box 4430
Lancaster,Ca 93539

My man is on A-Yard

TheForgoten1
05-24-2006, 11:11 AM
My Mistake Its P.o Box 4490

KLINUS
05-30-2006, 12:46 AM
My son just went to Lancaster a week ago. He sent me a letter with the following addresses:

Facility A & ASU P.O BOX 4430
FACILITY B P.O. BOX 4490
FACILITY C P.O. BOX 4610
FACILITY D P.O. BOX 4670
MINIMUM FACILITY P.O. BOX 4730

LEGAL MAIL (ALL FACILITIES) P.O. BOX 8457

MONEY ORDERS (ALL FACILITIES) P.O. BOX 4487

REQUIRING SIGNATURE (ALL FACILITIES)
44750 60TH STREET WEST
LANCASTER, CA. 93536-7620

SAMPLE ADDRESS OF JOHN DOE

JOHN DOE Z11111
CALIFORNIA STATE PRISON LOS ANGELES COUNTY
FACILITY A1-101
P.O. BOX 4430
LANCASTER, CA. 93539-4430

THE ZIPCODE FOR THE PO BOXES IS 93539-BOX NUMBER

I hope this helps.
Karen

looney23gl
05-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Any One evERy One NAy-530 AskEd If AnyONe Is GOing Up to LancasTER THiS Sat OR Sun. She NeeDS a RIde FroM MOrenO vallEy........ PLeaseeeeee She HAs GAs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ So if anyone KnOWs anyBOde please let me know

malogrrl
06-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi,
I recieve a letter from my cousin he is in Yard C. Well he mentions that they might be on lockdown for a month. Does anyone have information about this?

keytwo
06-02-2006, 10:30 AM
go to the lockdown forum and its on there

Lulicity
06-09-2006, 04:22 AM
he's been in reception for 6 months??? wow. :(

TheForgoten1
06-09-2006, 11:47 AM
he's been in reception for 6 months??? wow. :(

WHO UR MAN HAS? HEY GIRL MY HONEY JUST LEFT FROM FROM THERE WENDSAY MORNING HE FIRST ARRIVED DEC 20 2005 THEY REALLY TOOK THIER TIME WITH HIM AT RECEPTION THANK GODS ITS OVER

Lulicity
10-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Wow anyone else have a loved one in Lancaster??
I'm so excited my babe will finally get mainlined!
I can't wait for contact visits:p

Anyway, keep in touch everyone

Dedicated Mama
10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi Lulicity, I have a son in Lancaster, he arrived there on 9/22. I sent in my visiting form about 2 weeks ago but no word yet so it's only letters for us right now.

MrsCarpenter
10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
My husband is in reception at lancaster and got there in September of this year also. I am very discouraged looking at how long some of your guys were there until they were mainlined. 6 months is a long time. hopefully with this new system of shipping people out that Arnold put into affect, he might get out of there faster.
I miss him. I cannot wait until i get approved for visiting...

t_r818
10-19-2006, 10:13 PM
hi all!

my boyfriend is there and just transfered a couple of weeks ago from another prison--he is in minimum section but i am getting his mail and he is not getting mine--he was mainlined last week--shouldn't he have received my mail by now--i have been writing every other day since 10.6:confused: :confused: :mad:

Lulicity
10-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Dedicated Mama and MrsCarpenter,
I hope your visitation forms get approved faster than mine did, which was about a month or so. And yes reception does take a long time! Seven months for my guy. I had heard about Arnold wanting to ship out inmates due to the overcrowding, but not much else. I know I said I have a loved one in Lancaster and I was about to go visit him in reception this Saturday, but I got a letter from him today saying he got transferred to a CCF...:(
Just when I was about to go visit him and spent all this time finding out information, he gets moved.:blah:

Well girls, it seems like I'm in the same boat once again since I have to send a new form!! Talk to you ladies soon. Take care and Best Wishes to you:wave:

Lulicity
10-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Hey T_r818,
Sorry to hear about the mail situation. I read in some threads here that a lot of inmates were getting transferred to Lancaster, for whatever reason. I've only had to deal with reception mail and it is s l o w.
It would take 3-4 weeks for him to get it! Anyway good luck to you , and hope the mail situation gets better because god knows we need to hear from our men, and soon!!:p

cadustin
10-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear this... this is what happened to me. I got approved to see him at Donovan, then he went and got transfered the Wednesday before I could see him to Desert View MCCF. Then I had to wait another month to get approved there and finally got to see him after going 3 months!

Hi Dedicated Mama and MrsCarpenter,
I hope your visitation forms get approved faster than mine did, which was about a month or so. And yes reception does take a long time! Seven months for my guy. I had heard about Arnold wanting to ship out inmates due to the overcrowding, but not much else. I know I said I have a loved one in Lancaster and I was about to go visit him in reception this Saturday, but I got a letter from him today saying he got transferred to a CCF...:(
Just when I was about to go visit him and spent all this time finding out information, he gets moved.:blah:

Well girls, it seems like I'm in the same boat once again since I have to send a new form!! Talk to you ladies soon. Take care and Best Wishes to you:wave:

Love4myman
10-23-2006, 11:16 PM
New to this my boyfriend got sent to Lancaster Prision Reception though any helpful things to get me through this like how does mail go how long will the stay be and anything would help me out thanks

malogrrl
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi every one. I have a cousin at Lancaster. Just got inform that he will be moving somewhere near San Diego. Does anyone how long it takes for the transfer to take place. From what I know they put a stop on his books and we were told no more mail. Is anyone else have the same issue. Please need info. I know that there are two Prisons near San Diego Centinela and Calipatria I do not know where he will be sent. He just mention Near San DIego.
Thanks,

Malosgrrl
My love one is at EEL RIVER CAMP he will be back in my arms in Dec 2006

nay530
10-26-2006, 09:47 PM
i heard ther going to Donovan (RJD) State prison thats in San Diego!!! and i heard like around the 6th or 7th of november!!! thats what my man said but the can change there mind on them they also said some thing about Delano Kern valley state prsion!!!???

ECARRI
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Hello
I was wondering how visiting was this past weekend at Lancaster. I'm planning to go this Saturday to visit in "C" yard, and I was wondering if it's going to be crowded since they are moving them to Donovan. Any info. is very helpful.
Thanks