View Full Version : ? about county housing bill

Angel Boo
03-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Does anyone have any information on whether an inmate has to pay for their housing bill while they were in county jails? My husband was never charged for one county but he/I just received a huge bill from another, this same county tried to keep a large amount of money that was in his account so it wouldn't surprise me if they just think I'm stupid enough to pay it:mad: What really makes me mad is that they sent the bill to him at our home address HELLOOOO he's not here, they they say we have 60 days to pay it when it's taken them 7 months to send a bill. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I've been told that once a person is sentenced and sent to prison MDOC pays the housing bill and the inmate is not reponsible...I hope that is true!

mrsdragoness
03-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry, but he is responsible for paying it. The county can attempt to take money from his account to pay for it as well.

waata99
03-10-2006, 07:36 AM
JMO I was told that they cannot take it form his account and if you just ignore it, they will go away! But, if you start to make payments, they will chase you to the end of the earth to get the balance.
Again, this is just what I have been told about this particular subject, and it may have been just in relation to the county jail my brother was in.
waata