View Full Version : any info on female prisons?

chow
07-03-2003, 09:51 PM
My sentencing date is July 18th and I am not sure where I will be going yet but wanted to find out some info on the female facilities. I am currently located in Seattle, WA and my charge is wire fraud in the amount of $470,000 - this is my second offense, my first offense was back in 1987 for 2nd degree theft in the amount of $7000 but did not service any time, just community service and restitution.

What can I expect to happen after sentencing? Will I be sent to a local county jail then be transferred or will I be able to show up at the facility on my own? I would greatly appreciate any info that I can receive. As the sentencing date approaches I am getting more nervous as to what to expect. Please help me understand what is going to happen to me.

Thank you very much

Cameo
07-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Chow, first of all welcome to PTO! As for your questions, lets start with the PSI.

I'm guessing that you have had already pled to the offense listed above?.. if so, you should have went through the Pre-sentencing Phase (PSI). This report will be the guideline they use to sentence you and place you in a facility. Do you have a lawyer, I'm also guessing that you do. He/she should be aware of what is going on and can probably help with some input on recommending a facility with the prosecuting attorney, not that they necessarily go with these recommendations. If you can get a name of a facility, or some options perhaps we can help you become more familiar with what you are facing.

Please keep us posted. Myself and Life2thesequel are moderating this forum and we have some plans in place to make sure you have a contact on the outside when you go in.

Feel free to further explain or ask more questions and we'll try to help you out with the answers!

Pam

Steve&kids
07-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Welcome to PTO, and I can tell you alot about Carswell in FT Worth, my wife is there.Steve&kids

life2thesequel
07-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Howdy..
Did I miss something? Is this indeed a federal case?

Wire fraud being a federal offense?

chow
07-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Hi there,
I am not sure why it Federal, maybe because I used direct deposit wire transfers from my employers bank accounts to my own bank accounts - would that make it Federal?

Any info on any facilities would be greatly appreciated. My attorneys are not too familiar with any of the female facilities so they do not know that to recommend at my sentencing at this point.

mrsg
07-08-2003, 12:25 PM
yes, the direct deposit makes it federal, at least that's what they told me. also, because the state i was located in was in a different state than the bank i used (even though they had branches in my state).

chow
08-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Well this is it, I am leaving tomorrow to head to my new "home" for the next 34 months but still scared to death as to what is going to happen and what to expect. My address will be:
MeShelle LaRiviere
c/o Geiger Corrections Center
PO Box 19202
Spokane, WA 99219
Please feel free to drop me a line as I would love to hear from some of you. Thanks for all your support.

FriscoLady
08-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Chow,

You Hang in there, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Linda and I will be happy to drop a line or two.

God Bless,

Patti

peaceful
08-18-2003, 06:05 PM
hello chow i am new here myself and i want to say to you that i'm sorry that you are going through what you are going through but coming here to pto i didn't know where to turn until i found them my boyfriend is currently in jail right now and he will be sentence tommorrow and my prayers are with you and you know that you have nuthing but love here and i have your address and i would send you hellos soon..take care and i'll keep you in my prayers.peaceful