View Full Version : Any advice for a first time visitor?

muchoclouds
03-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Hello all! My boyfriend just got sent to CIM on a parole violation and I have alot of questions..as far as visiting goes, how do I get the visitation form that I need to fill out? Will he need to send it to me? Does anyone have any advice for me when I go visit for the first time? What about the dress rules as far as what I can and cannot wear? I read that you can't wear blue jeans, is that true? How soon after he gets there can I visit him and how long would it be until he can call me? Any advice would be very helpful! Thanks!

dmceeswoman
03-02-2006, 10:06 PM
The form needs to be sent to you to fill out by your boyfriend. Once you fill it out it should be about 4 weeks before you get approved. At least that is how long it took my form 2 years ago. You can get the dress code when you call CIM. I do know that you can't wear blue jeans or green pants. No low cut tops, skirts etc. He must be in Reception right? I had to visit behind glass because he was in Reception. Then once determined where he will go from there, you will have visits out in the open. My fiance is in CIM on a violation. He just arrived there on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet, but I do know that I have to fill out a visiting form all over again. Bummer.

RPinSD
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Actually Chino is pretty easy if your man mails you a form thats good if not you can go pick one up or ask one of the fine visitors here to grab one and mail it to you. They are not real picky.

As to dress code, No Blue Denim, or Beige or Green Pants, No tight fitting clothes and no blue shirts. Most the women I saw at chino would wear either black pants and a nice blouse or a nice summer dress that covers the knees when standing. They do not like excessive showing of skin so no showing the mid rift, underarms, legs above the knee.

Shoes, tennis shoes or strap on shoes that cover the heel and strap around the ankle. No flip flop or open type slip on shoes.

We got alot of people going to visit this weekend, would anyone be a nice girl and grab say 2 or 3 visiting forms and help these ladies out?

Richard

Oh an add on, visiting is approved within 2 to 4 weeks. We had one friend approved in 10 days.

muchoclouds
03-02-2006, 10:45 PM
thank you so much for responding...this is pretty overwhelming. so i cant visit him at all until i mail the form back and it is approved? can he call me from reception? or basically i wont hear from him at all except from letters until i can visit him? will he stay at chino after reception? that is always where he stayed before...man i have too many questions.:o

misseskris_10
03-03-2006, 08:26 AM
yes, it is all overwhelming. but by the time you get approved to visit, from talking to people here, you will know just what to do. the dress code is also on the back of the approval form you will get when you are approved. it also gives visiting hours and what not next to the dress code. unfortunately, being in reception, they do not get to call, i know it sucks. my booger managed to sneak me one call after a few weeks thanks to a friend there who used his call for us, didn't talk directly to him, but heard his voice, was like heaven!! what i did on my first visit, just to make sure, was stay close to someone who had done it all before :) by my second visit, i was helping somebody on their first visit! just be patient, i know it's hard, but it's worth it when you get to go see him. aren't violations fun!

Babygurl597
03-03-2006, 08:46 AM
you can print out the form fill it out and mail it to him to sign and hand he can hand it in.

here is the link

http://www.vip-cali.com/cdc106.pdf

muchoclouds
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
thanks alot for that form diva! now at least I can save a little time instead of waiting for him to send it!

RPinSD
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Well........

That's the one area Chino is picky on, they will not accept the form printed off the internet.

But again, will someone visiting there this weekend grab a couple forms?

Cubana
03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
you can also go and get approved in person. it takes about 2 hours

muchoclouds
03-03-2006, 02:25 PM
thanks cubana... i think i will go down there on the weekend and either see if i can get approved in person or at least fill out the form there and turn it back in. you guys are really helpful!

sherry_wine
03-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Hello muchoclouds
when I first went to Chino I got approve in one day, but at the time I was from out of state, I had a Colorado ID:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
stay away from green, Beige, or blue!!
I got turned away for a blue top, but a woman with almost the same color in a jacket she was wearing got in so its best to take a change of clothing to be on the safe side. And I alway wore slip on shoes opened toe or flip flops
and they do let you in with them. Its easy that way cause they make you take off your shoes and socks:eek: