View Full Version : Pine River Correctional Facility Check-in, Gossip, and Info Thread

Pages : [1] 2

hisdarklilangel
03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes, I'm 'stealing' :p (love ya jenn!) MrsBenji's idea for a thread for info about a specific facility. I noticed there are quite a few here with loved ones at Pine River CF. That being said, any info about current siuations or the like can be posted here! :D

MrsBenji
03-06-2006, 11:38 AM
YAH! We can ALWAYS use a place just to help get an idea about who else knows a little something about the facility we deal with, if nothing else!!!

Great idea!!

Jenn

queenwdg
03-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes, I'm 'stealing' :p (love ya jenn!) MrsBenji's idea for a thread for info about a specific facility. I noticed there are quite a few here with loved ones at Pine River CF. That being said, any info about current siuations or the like can be posted here! :D

My fiancee' told me yesterday that because of the recent events with the guy and girl that killed the couple and the old man while out on Parole (that should have never been) here in MI, that at least 30 guys parole's were recended. I asked him could they do that and he said yes.:angry:

MrsBenji
03-12-2006, 08:15 PM
There's all sorts of rumors about the effects that case will have on paroles coming up soon, and I am sure it'll make the board even more hesitant for a while, especially anyone with a violent offense or history who aren't required to take the AOP...

Ick... And unfortunately, they can change their minds, but they have to show cause, I believe....

Jenn

hisdarklilangel
03-12-2006, 09:11 PM
My fiancee' told me yesterday that because of the recent events with the guy and girl that killed the couple and the old man while out on Parole (that should have never been) here in MI, that at least 30 guys parole's were recended. I asked him could they do that and he said yes.:angry:

I will have to ask Tristan and my cousin about this one. I know they can do what they want, though they need a 'good' reason.... :blah:

greeneyedpear
03-26-2006, 02:55 AM
I am curious as to the dress code for the visitors at Pine River... Never been to a prison before, Thinking about visiting my new pp.

hisdarklilangel
03-26-2006, 09:11 AM
I am curious as to the dress code for the visitors at Pine River... Never been to a prison before, Thinking about visiting my new pp.
[/URL]
All MDOC facilties have the same visiting rules and dress code, but Pine River is somewhat relaxed about some lowcut shirts as long as it isn't really really lowcut.
[URL="http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69920"]Visiting Rules and Dress Code (editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1829073)

greeneyedpear
03-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks mama.

greeneyedpear
03-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Also, Can anyone tell me what, If any, Rules they have on photo's ? Are you allowed to send your man any "hot pics" ???

hisdarklilangel
03-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Also, Can anyone tell me what, If any, Rules they have on photo's ? Are you allowed to send your man any "hot pics" ???

You can send sexy pics, but make sure all private areas are covered including no hair showing from those areas and they should get through. :thumbsup:

queenwdg
05-05-2006, 09:54 PM

He has finally popped the ? I need to know if anyone has been or knows someone that has been married at Pine River, I am desparate need of some information. Thanks:eek:

babytaz8679
05-06-2006, 07:39 PM
-they just sent my man mam2myangels cousin info about getting married in there he just told me in this past letter i got for him im going up to see him tomorrow i'll let u know more when i get it out of him

queenwdg
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
-they just sent my man mam2myangels cousin info about getting married in there he just told me in this past letter i got for him im going up to see him tomorrow i'll let u know more when i get it out of him

I HAVE A COPY OF THE 12 LESSON PHAMPLET THE CHAPLIN GIVES OUT AT PINE RIVER IF ANYBODY WANTS A COPY. I CAN SCAN IT AT WORK TOMORROW. THIS IS WHAT HAS TO BE FILLED OUT AND QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEFORE HE WILL SET A DATE.

SO IF ANYBODY IS "THINKING" ABOUT GETTING MARRIED AND THEIR MATE IS AT PINE RIVER, I CAN SEND YOU A COPY:) :) :) .

johnswwife
07-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Does anyone have love ones at pine river correctional in st. louis?

MrsBenji
07-23-2006, 12:53 PM

Most all of the folks you see who have posted in this thread have a loved one there. :)

Jenn

hisdarklilangel
07-24-2006, 02:53 PM

My friend is at Pine River. :)

MrsCurry
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Has anyone been having problems with the co's at pine river?

jaded01
01-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Ive never had any problems with the Co's at Pine River, they pretty much do their own thing, and quick with working with the visitors, and when bringing my friend to the visiting room. I like the place, the vending machines are decent. :)

grimsley0819
07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
My husband was transferred to pine river 4 weeks ago and i havent heard a thing from him at all can anyone tell me why this could be?

hisdarklilangel
07-04-2007, 12:44 AM
My husband was transferred to pine river 4 weeks ago and i havent heard a thing from him at all can anyone tell me why this could be?

Was he transferred there from Egeler? You can also try calling his ARUS and asking to make sure he isn't in any trouble for some reason. :)

grimsley0819
07-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow somehow my husband called me and i didnt even have the phone set up for him to call but I cried the whole time and it was so exciting. Can anyone tell me what I can or can not bring to a visit and once i get the visitor application what do i do and what can i wear and well just tell me everything u know about visiting and what i can do and what to expect.

hisdarklilangel
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow somehow my husband called me and i didnt even have the phone set up for him to call but I cried the whole time and it was so exciting. Can anyone tell me what I can or can not bring to a visit and once i get the visitor application what do i do and what can i wear and well just tell me everything u know about visiting and what i can do and what to expect.

Once you get the visitors app, fill it out and send it back. It might help to put ATT: Visitors Application on the envelope also. When you do visit, I will say they are usually pretty relaxed about what you can wear even though the policy is the same for all MDOC facilities. I've gotten away with wearing some lowcut shirts, but that doesn't mean you would. You are allowed one hug and kiss when you come in and before you leave. Though the CO's aren't TOO strict on it some can be. The CO's are generally fairly nice, I've personally never seen or had a visit terminated for overcrowding and when I go I go on either saturday or sunday usually after 2nd shift starts. You can take $15 in quarters (there is a change machine in the lobby), you take your locker key, visitor badge and your id in with you.

stinkerbell
08-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi there My brother is in Pine River. I am new to the boards. My name is Teresa. Hoping to char with others who have loved ones in pine river especially those who have had a visit to the facility.

jaded01
08-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Welcome Teresa! Im Sara, I actually just had a visit yesterday....
I hope you are finding all the information you need :)

hisdarklilangel
08-04-2007, 09:41 AM
My bf is at Pine River. I've been to visit quite a few times there. If you have any questions just ask. :)

stinkerbell
08-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I was wondering how long it took to get approved for visitation. How long of a visit I might get, how much money should I take with me for vending machines(lol I know he will be wanting some food out of them),what kind of things are available to do on visits such as games and such? I am a smoker will I be able to smoke during my visit? I think that about covers my questions for now.

hisdarklilangel
08-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I was wondering how long it took to get approved for visitation. How long of a visit I might get, how much money should I take with me for vending machines(lol I know he will be wanting some food out of them),what kind of things are available to do on visits such as games and such? I am a smoker will I be able to smoke during my visit? I think that about covers my questions for now.
1: It took me about 2-3 weeks to be approved to visit

2: I've personally never had a visit terminated for overcrowding, and I've almost always went after 2nd shift starts. So I usually get 4-5 hours in for a visit. (on weekends that is)

3: You can take up to $15 in quarters in with you (there is a change machine in the lobby but its not always working)

4: They do have a few games in the visiting room and cards are usually at the CO desk in the VR

5: Nope no smoking during visits.

Dutchgirl
08-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Finally figured out where my uncle is. He's at Pine River. Does anyone know what phone company they use? What are the rates like out of state? Can they call cell phones. My dad is sick. We aren't sure how sick yet...thought I would research for them in the event that they want to be in contact.

Mrs.GMT
08-12-2007, 08:02 PM
you need to go through correctional billing services, and set up an account. 800-844-6591. the service is embark. But you need to go through corr. billing. He can also set up a pre-paid account. He can get money and use it to get a pre-paid account to call you,free of charge to your bill. And yes if you set up an account, you can get calls on your cell, but needs to be pre-paid through you. call them they can explain better. Good luck.

Dutchgirl
08-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Thank you. I sent the information along to my dad. I'm so grateful for this site. Thank you.

stinkerbell
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I had a visit this saturday at PR the CO's were very friendly Our visit was terminated due to overcrowd_ we were ther for 5 hour however~ they do it on who has been in longest! I cant complain! DONATE NEW GAMES FOR VISITING AREA SEALED I KNOW I WILL!!!!!! there arent enough board and card games!

stinkerbell
09-01-2007, 07:41 PM
How is everyone doing? Havent heard from anyone lately any new news or gossip about the river?

hisdarklilangel
09-02-2007, 11:45 PM
How is everyone doing? Havent heard from anyone lately any new news or gossip about the river?

So far things seem to be ok there lately. My bf usually tells me if something is going on or whatever. :)

stinkerbell
09-16-2007, 10:11 PM
So far things seem to be ok there lately. My bf usually tells me if something is going on or whatever. :) good to know ;):D

stinkerbell
09-16-2007, 10:13 PM
What kind of mail do you ladies send your loved ones? any new ideas are appreciated. I usually print out a family newsletter with the months events and cute lil graphics to coincide with the month sort of like a calander page.

grimsley0819
09-29-2007, 03:07 AM
hey everyone I am in Warren And trying to go visit my hubby at PR on sundays it doesnt have t be every week but wed and sun are my off days but I was wondering if anyone is in the area where I live if so if we could car pool I can pay for gas but my car isnt reliable to get there

Mark'sBrat
10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey my husband was just moved to PR last Thursday and we (me and the granddaughter) went down on Saturday. Not a bad place at all and WHAT A CHANGE from Jackson Cooper St. :o He was suppose to get out the 23rd of this month but got an additional 12 months. Can't seem to figure out why:confused: ...no tickets or trouble. But we'll deal with what life hands us. Any info you can share would be great!
One thing I did notice is that the "play corner" by the inmate entrance my not be the safest place. Anyone else notice that?

downforhim
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I did notice the play area in the corner and never gave it much thought as to where it is located. But now that you mention it, yes I agree that is not the best place for it to be. When I was there, the only couple of kids that were there walked over with their mom and took things back to their seats.

stinkerbell
10-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Anyone got to play any new games yet? I donated 3 to the visiting area last time I went. Two of them were 3 games in one like chess backgammon and checkers and I donated a monopoly game. I just hope all the pieces are in them next time I visit because the games suck there with all the missing parts and stuff.

hisdarklilangel
10-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I haven't been able to get up to visit since may. Hopefully I might be going this month. :)

U C Road
02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
:D Ok Ladies is there any day that is not crowed at SPR. :smash: I would like to know because I'm comming from the bottom of the state. And I would like to get a long visit. :fb: I don't get weekends off so I have to go during the week. Than You:clap:

hisdarklilangel
02-17-2008, 04:12 PM
:D Ok Ladies is there any day that is not crowed at SPR. :smash: I would like to know because I'm comming from the bottom of the state. And I would like to get a long visit. :fb: I don't get weekends off so I have to go during the week. Than You:clap:

I went on a wednesday last month and it wasn't busy at all. For a good portion of the time that I was there visiting it was me, my bf, another inmate, his visitors and the CO in there and thats it.

stinkerbell
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
cool to know I want to go see my bro during the week this week~

U C Road
02-20-2008, 01:10 AM
:D Thank you for the important info on visiting. :cool: I thank you very much And I'll be going to see him very soon.:thumbsup: :yay: Thank you again.

stinkerbell
02-29-2008, 05:14 PM
U C I went on a friday and it wasnt crowded at all :)

stinkerbell
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Well it has been since febuary, are there any otheres here with loved ones in Pine River???

hisdarklilangel
04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Well it has been since febuary, are there any otheres here with loved ones in Pine River???

My bf is still there. :) So far other then someone was supposed to have stolen bags of tobacco from the store.

queenwdg
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM

My husband is at PR. We have been blessed that in the 2 years he has been there, we have NEVER been terminated. The stragety we use is to go no more than 1 hr after visiting times on Saturdays and Sundays, and we have always managed to get in a FULl day of visiting. I knock on wood:eek:, that we never get terminated.

We have only 11 months to go, and by the grace of God he will be home next April:D:D:D:D.

Inmate'sWife
06-13-2008, 10:33 PM
I stumbled upon this site last night. My husband is also at P.R. He got there in March after being in the county for almost 6 months. I have been to visit a few times and it doesn't seem to be too bad. At least alot better than the county jail! At least we can talk without a phone and glass between us. Anyways, his min. out date is in March 2009, and he got called in to do his P.E.R. papers already. Anyone explain why they would do that so soon? We just got married 3 months before he got picked up, so I would love to bring him home sooner!

hisdarklilangel
06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
he won't be released before his minimum out date, a lot of times lately it seems like they have been doing the PER scores kinda early before the parole hearing.

Inmate'sWife
06-23-2008, 10:56 PM
:(
Thanks for the info. Bursted my bubble, but I would rather know. Better than getting disappointed waiting. We have until March 2009 for his min. date. It really sucks because our 1st Wedding Aniv. is on June 30!

Mrs.Cuellar
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Hey ladies, My hubbies been in SPR for almost a year now and I have had some troubles already with gaurds and thier attitudes. A few weeks back I had a co come up to me and tell me that they were no longer allowing flip flops to be worn and then told me my shirt was unacceptable because it was a tank top and it showed my bra strap--uh no that was a undershirt that I wore that was yellow when my shirt was white and the 1st shift co's had no problem with what I was wearing. So when I was leaving it was just me and her CO Ricker and I asked her about it making sure I was not calling her out infront of people I wanted to handle privately out of respect and I know how they can react when they think they are being attacked so I asked her about the flip flop policy and where to find it because I have three girls and need to know what goes on so she got all hostile on me and was yelling I am just trying to help you so I told her I wanted to make sure I was following the rules and about my shirt and she was so adament on that it was my bra and the front of my shirt was going down and it was not to be worn again. And ya know it was not and I had on a undershirt as extra coverage. So I told her that I was going to call on Monday to find out where the new rules were listed and she blew up again and told me if I want to go tattletale fine! So it was super funny because monday the wardens secretary called me concerning some mixup in our paperwork that reinstated our visits that were terminated in Macomb so I told her and she got in trouble because she was having them seat us infront of the desk and telling them to keep thier eyes on us because she thjought he touched my breast during the same visit when he did not. So the visiting gaurds are full of it majority of the time. I went 4th of July weekend and saw a little girl wear a tank top our three year old has and told my hub so i told him and just this past weekend we went and they would not let her wear it because they would not let a grown woman wear it I am so tired of these people I swear when I am at visit our three foot area is all that matters so why do people try to ruin what we have by making crap up? I get so irritated by the rules and how they expect our husbands to jump and go and do but when it comes to them they are like umm we can do this because we can and I jump down thier butt's and let them know I do not wear orange and blue and they will treat me and our kids with respect we deserve.They have yelled at my kids in the visiting room and I have had to rip them a new one and I am tired of it but I keep pushing on to the next day and the next visit. But I found out the flip flop rule was just made up that day and is not real. I am ready to scream thanks for letting me venthttp://www.prisontalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif! I just want him home and I miss him so much but if I know more gossip I will post it for sure!

hopeful2
08-10-2008, 09:08 PM
My son is at Pine River, just moved a few days ago, so I am reading everything I can about visitation, where to stay, what is going on there, who is there, etc...
I am interested in any and all info.
I am also wondering if you can send packages-when he was in the country we were able to order packages from the Canteen Services, and I wondered if this worked for prison also?
Any info or help...we'll I would be thankful for.

dianna1975
08-11-2008, 08:07 AM
I have never visited at Pine River but I live in St. Louis so I can tell you what is available for lodging nearby. St. Louis itself doesn't have any hotels/motels. The nearest town with a few choices is Alma.

Alma Comfortable Inn
3110 W. Monroe Rd (M-46)
463-4400

Alma Motel
1575 N Wright Ave
463-1135

Petticoat Motel
2454 W Monroe Rd (M-46)
681-5728

We are unable to order or send packages to our loved ones. Basically all we may send them is money, books, and magazines thru subscriptions.

hisdarklilangel
08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
My son is at Pine River, just moved a few days ago, so I am reading everything I can about visitation, where to stay, what is going on there, who is there, etc...
I am interested in any and all info.
I am also wondering if you can send packages-when he was in the country we were able to order packages from the Canteen Services, and I wondered if this worked for prison also?
Any info or help...we'll I would be thankful for.

I tried answering this before but it was lost in the lost data.

No you can not send packages to them. Visitation is 7 days a week. Monday through Friday is 230pm to 8 or 830pm. Saturday and Sunday is 10am to 8pm. You can take in $15 in change per person. You are allowed to take in your driver's license/state id, lockerkey and change. Sometimes they will give you a visitors badge. I've so far never had a problem with any of the CO's there and my friend has been there for almost 3 years now. It seems to be pretty low profile when it comes to anything happening. Since it is a secure level I facility.

hopeful2
08-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks for your info. I have a couple more questions.
Does the locker key cost?
How does a pastor do a visit? Is there a special form. Do they have to be on 'the list'?
How is this prison set up? Cells???? Do the men roam as much as they want? What do they do here all day?
What are the camps that they talk about?
Sorry to ask so much, there just seems to be so much to learn.

Mr. Lobster
08-12-2008, 06:44 AM
The use of the lockers are free. For a Pasot to visit he has to do the same as everyone else and fill out a visiting form (you can get it online) and the inmate has to put him on his list. As for the set-up, it is like most level on prisons in that there are 8 man cubes in each housing unit. A cube is an open space but is VERY crowded with 8 people. They were designed for 6 people. The "Yard" is open most of the day except for count time and while they can roam around, there is not much organized activity for them to do. As for working, the place is overcrowed and there are not enough jobs for everyone. I was at Pine River for 4 months last year before I got moved to Cooper Street in Jackson. I liked Pine River better!!! I never really had any problems with the CO's. The ONLY thing good about being sent to COOPER STREET was the fact that I was 25 min's from home and my wife could afford to visit every weekend and in fact surprised me with a few week day visits too!!! Also, if I hadn't gone to COOPER STREET, I would have never met SOCKO!!! Who is SOCKO you ask? Trust me, ya really don't want to know!!! Hehehehehehe.

stinkerbell
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I went on Tuesday last week to visit my brother and I cant believe how busy it was on a week day I actually had to take a number and sit down(i have never had to do this before even on the weekends). Had a good visit none the less.

sssimlay
08-14-2008, 08:22 PM
i went for my first visit on 8/8. the c/os were very nice. i told the gir (i swear she looked about 10--lol) that it was my first time there and she told me what i needed to do and what to expect. then she said i was allowed a brief encounter at the beginning of the visit and at the end. and she said we are pretty loose on our definition of brief..we are not very strict here. hmm, they are a prison am i the only one that thinks that is funny--lol. i went for another visit on 8/10--sunday. i got there about 2:50 and it was pretty busy. i did have to take a number in the visiting room and i wasn't actually sitting next to my hunny til 3:20. sunday the guards in the visiting room seemed to be a little more strict. they have cameras in the ceiling that watch over the vr and the phone was ringing a lot and inmates were either called to the front and spoken to or they were made to sit up front. i asked about visiting being terminated and the c/o said they had to do one last week but it was someone who get there right when it started but before that it was since may since they had terminated anyone. then she said christmas was super busy. so, all in all i had a good experience. i will be going up this weekend too so i will let you know if is any different.

Mrs.Cuellar
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I went this Sunday 8-17 for our anniversary and it was packed at about 2:30 is when I got there and they had to terminate so I could go in which sucked because I was waiting an additional 20 minutes worth of waiting that I could have spent in his arms but it slowed down about a half hour after I got there. The picture tickets were all gone too luckily I had two on reserve. But all in all the visiting room is well a prison visiting room can't do too much which can drive you crazy but it will make it that much more special when that time comes.

samanthaessmyer
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
I have a boyfriend that is in this prison I met him through friends. My friend is also dating someone in here. I went to see him recently for the first time and it was ok not what i thought it was going to be like I thought it was going to be scary but all in all it wasnt. The cos were really nice, the girl I went in with (She was visting too) was really nice as well she said she went through the samething I did 3 weeks before.

SeeDubsGirl
08-25-2008, 02:09 PM
As far as some of the prisons in MI go, Pine River's not too bad. As far as the CO's go, don't get too comfortable! Make sure you know the rules and follow them because just when you think the CO's are laxing and you try to bend the rules a bit, they'll come down on you. I never wear white because while one of the CO's had no problem with being able to somewhat see thru a white shirt, another had a big problem with it. And while 1 CO had no problem with my man rubbing my shoulder while he had his arm around me, another one told us it had to stop. So just watch yourself and remember that while it isn't too horrible of a place, it's still prison.

kkjunkie
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
I am planning on going to the Pine River facility on the 19-21 of Sept. I am on the western end of the Upper Peninsula by Marquette and was wondering if anyone would be interested in me picking them up on the way through. I will be leaving early on the 19th to be there for visiting hours on that friday. I stay at the Petticoat Inn. It is a little older hotel but rooms are clean and cheap, $40 a night. The total for three nights is $132. I am visiting Sat, and Sun, and then will leave Monday morning to head back. Anyone interested in shareing some of the gas expense is welcome. I have a reliable vehicle and do not mind doing the driving. Please PM me if you are interested. I am calling the end of this week to make reservations.

I will be taking US-2, to I-75, and 127.

kkjunkie
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Ok, sorry but need to hold off on that weekend. We just got his parole papers and he more than likely will be getting transfered in the next week or so. I still plan on going to see him that weekend but will probably be at a different facility. I will post when i have more information and where I will be going.

sssimlay
08-27-2008, 05:20 PM
anyone plan on going to visit this weekend? i get out of work at noon on friday so i should be there right when visiting starts. i hope i don't get terminated on a weekday. then i should be there around 2:30-3 sat, sun and mon. i hope it's not too crazy cuz of the holiday weekend. when i sit in the waiting room i always look around and wonder if anyone else is from pto? when i'm in the room all i see is my hunny lol :)

hisdarklilangel
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
anyone plan on going to visit this weekend? i get out of work at noon on friday so i should be there right when visiting starts. i hope i don't get terminated on a weekday. then i should be there around 2:30-3 sat, sun and mon. i hope it's not too crazy cuz of the holiday weekend. when i sit in the waiting room i always look around and wonder if anyone else is from pto? when i'm in the room all i see is my hunny lol :)

So far all the times I've went during the week they are far from crowded

kkjunkie
08-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Just a quick note to let you know of something pretty cool. If you go to musicchoice.com and click the showoffs banner, u can send your man a little message and picture, they get these music channels and there is a banner that runs at the bottom of the screen that they can see pics and messages. It is so much fun to know they are watchinga and getting a message and it is free!

Mr. Lobster
08-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Ok, sorry but need to hold off on that weekend. We just got his parole papers and he more than likely will be getting transfered in the next week or so. I still plan on going to see him that weekend but will probably be at a different facility. I will post when i have more information and where I will be going.
If he just got his parole, why do you think he will be transfered?

kkjunkie
08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
He is going into a reentry program and we assume that he will transfered to either cotton or cooper st. It is closer to where he will be paroled to. Isn't it usual for them to be transfered? I would prefer he stay right where he is and so would he, but with the way things have always went for us, it is likely he will be transfered.

sssimlay
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
got to visit the whole weekend. fri, sat, sun, and mon. whoo hoo! the visits were all good. my only complaint is the vending machines. they were poorly stocked. it was crazy busy all weekend but steady. and no one eats the dang bbq chicken chiptole hot pockets why can't they take those out! lol. so, i guess if that is only my only complaint i can't really complain :D

kkjunkie
09-04-2008, 09:54 AM
So he left sometime this morning. Dont know where he is going or when he will get there, but hopefully I will hear from him soon. only 64 more days and he is coming home.

sssimlay
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
i asked my hunny about getting messages on the music channels and he said only some of the unit actually get the channels. all of them are supposed to but it just doesn't happen. he happens to be in one of the units that don't get it.

queenwdg
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Just a quick note to let you know of something pretty cool. If you go to musicchoice.com and click the showoffs banner, u can send your man a little message and picture, they get these music channels and there is a banner that runs at the bottom of the screen that they can see pics and messages. It is so much fun to know they are watchinga and getting a message and it is free!

How do you put a message on there. I am on there now and I don't see where I post the message. PM me if you need to. Thanks.

Mrs.Cuellar
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Okay time to vent some steam!:angry: I early on told ya'll about Stricker picking at me and my husband and she told me to go and tattle-tale because she did not want to explain where I could find the rules she was trying to tell me like flip flops were no longer allowed, so I did. I figure if you want me and my love to follow your rules and you want to out step your boundries then ta da you get in trouble as well, they need to teach her some professionalism. So this was like two months ago and I just went to see him this past Saturday and i gave him a quick peck on the lips during visit which I know is against the rules but I was lost in love land so she has the co at the desk call him up to tell him"ha ha ha ha ha I caught you kissing"! like a little kid song telling you know. I am furious she gave him a ticket which yeah I did it but don't act like he did you know he was just sitting there and did not hold on or kiss back so he is going to fight because they can't give him a ticket for my actions and I already called the wardens secretary I spoke with for the prior problem with the same co I am just angry come on now get grown or meet me down the street and lets see how you deal with reality not being able to hide behind your badge. I am jsut angry so yes I needed to jump on here today and scream. I just want him home and the rules and reglations to go away we are left with so little anyways but I guess the key is to overcome and not lash back at her in particular or be childish myself.

Dutchgirl
09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Does anybody else have a loved one at Pine River that complains about the over-crowding...violence and guards slow response to altercations that break out among inmates? Just wondering what other people are hearing and if there are any external advocacy efforts under way.

Thanks.

sssimlay
09-19-2008, 04:08 PM
maybe it depends on what unit he is but my hunny doesn't seem to have too many problems but then again he knows i don't like to hear stuff like that cuz it just scares me and makes me start to worry.he said the guards usually leave u alone if you mind your own business. he says there have been fights but the prison seems to be pretty good about moving out the ones that cause too much trouble. the only thing he said about over crowding is next month they will go to 8 men in a cube up from 7 men but they were told it would probably only last a month or so.

Dutchgirl
09-20-2008, 01:01 AM
My uncle has mentioned overcrowding more than anything else, but also mentioned the other stuff in his last letter, so ... I was just wondering. Thanks for sharing what you know.

samanthaessmyer
09-24-2008, 07:56 AM
I might be going up to see my man Sunday is it crowed? I am coming from Muskegon and plan on staying the whole time but I don't want to be kicked out because it is crowed. Does anyone know if that would happen or not?

sssimlay
09-24-2008, 08:00 PM
i try to go up every weekend and the last couple of sundays i went it wasn't too bad. it seems to get real crowded around 2:30 til about 5 then it's fine. i usually get there around 1 (right after they clear count) and stay til 8 and so far haven't been terminated for overcrowding (knock on wood). just remember shift change is at 2, but one time i got there at 1:40 and didn't get in for almost an hour because they really start the process of shift change at 1:45 and then it takes a while for the next shift to get settled.

Mrs.Cuellar
09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah I go every weekend usually Saturdays now that football is back on but I get there right after count after church and stay until close and it is okay I have only saw like three visitations end due to overcrowding. But there is the chance every time you go so just play it visit by visit.

sssimlay
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
thought the people watching on the cameras were a little testy on sunday. that phone wouldn't stop ringing. my hunny got called up to the podium cuz i had my elbow on his shoulder and was turned slightly facing him. i'm sorry i get a kink in my neck when we sit perfectly side by side lol! oh well, maybe i was just over emotional. it was my birthday on saturday and i missed him like crazy so when i went up on sunday i just wanted to be close to him. but if my bday was hard how am i gonna get through the holidays??

Mrs.Cuellar
10-14-2008, 09:59 AM
The holidays huh, well I try to keep busy but I have three kids so I do for them but it is the actual days that kill me so we go there on them:D We do Thanksgiving there and we do Christmas and all. I mean it is about family and I would trade a 10 pound turkey to eat a bacon cheeseburger with my hubby now that is love:), lol. It will be okay but it never gets easier you just find differant coping methods. The co's suckkkkkkkkk

samanthaessmyer
10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh my I know what you mean about the gaurds on Sunday they were buggin all day I don't know what their problem was and then when it was time to leave we got yelled at for kissing and hugging too much or something. That chick was yelling at a bunch of people for some messed up things one guy got yelled at by the vending machines by me cause his chair was out too far or something.

sssimlay
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM
yeah my hunny told me that the c/o that was in the visiting room on sunday wrote up a guy in his cube for saying "what's up lil mamma?" she gave him a major sexual misconduct ticket. while, i agree he is at a prison and not a club and he shouldn't talk like that but a major ticket? oh well at least it set an example for all the other guys not to talk like that.

samanthaessmyer
10-16-2008, 09:58 AM
That is messed up! I know when I was there I was looking around to see if I seen anyone from here in there and I wasn't sure. But yeah they write guys up for some dumb things my man got wrote up cause he didnt make his bed before he came to visit.

sssimlay
10-16-2008, 07:35 PM
i think i recognized you from your pic. i was up on sunday. were you sitting under the window nearest the vending machines? i was sitting under the other window on the same wall. i had on a grey shirt and jeans.

samanthaessmyer
10-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah that was me every time you came by you smiled at me?? Am I right was that one you?

sssimlay
10-17-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah that was me :) i'm always smiling--lol. i will be up on sunday this weekend. we will see how much smiling i do though--nervous about parole hearing on monday!!! anyway, if i see you i will say hi!

Shannon

lady_love6866
10-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi Everyone, just got done reading everyone's posts. I found out this morning from OTIS that my b/f is at Pine River. I am so happy about that, he will only be an hour and 30 minutes south of me. So I am sure I will be seeing you at visit, once I am approved. The visiting application is going in the mail tomorrow.
Its always nice to know if others are from PTO. I told my b/f in my last letter, when you get to where you are going you will have to see if any of the guys ladies are on PTO.

Hope to get to know all of you.

Daphne

samanthaessmyer
10-18-2008, 01:41 PM
:Dyeah I was wondering why you kept smiling at me I told Kris man that girl must of seen me on pto or something cause she keeps smiling. Yeah I'm not going up there this week I prob won't go for awhile cause the girl I ride with her boyfriend got moved to Jackson he was in PR but then got moved next door now Jackson so I have to wait to get my license and car to see him again:(

yeah that was me :) i'm always smiling--lol. i will be up on sunday this weekend. we will see how much smiling i do though--nervous about parole hearing on monday!!! anyway, if i see you i will say hi!

Shannon

sssimlay
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
welcome daphne! pine river isn't too bad, well i think anyway--so far it's my only experience with prison. but the c/os are decent most of the time. the visiting room hasn't been too crowded from the times i've been up--every weekend except one since august. be sure to check on your visiting app early. i sent mine in on a saturday, they got it on a tuesday and i was approved the wednesday! i didn't even call up there until it had been nearly 10 days because i didn't think i would have been approved that fast.

lady_love6866
10-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi Ladies, hope everyone is having a great weekend and was able to enjoy this nice fall day. I went for a walk and took some more pictures for my sweetie. I was also able to take some sexy ones for him. :p I had fun taking them, I know he will enjoy them.
Thanks SS I will be definitely be calling next week to see if I have been approved. I need to see him so bad, just being able to hear his voice will be nice. I cant believe it has taken this long and he still cant call. He cant remember his pin from last time, or he probably would have been able to.

Does anyone have the question thing that the chaplain hands out to couples that plan on getting married. I cant remember what the other member called it, but was hoping to see a copy of it, oh well if not I will just have to wait till he gets the paperwork around.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi :D

Daph

lady_love6866
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi Ladies,
I finally got my first phone call! OMG It was sooooo good to hear his voice he called back! What the heck its cheap enough lol
He said he likes it ok there, other than its really crowded. I mentioned to him that I read a post from other ladies who have loved ones there, he said they dont like it do they? I said well other than it being crowded and some have had a few bad experiences with CO's on visit they havent heard much.
The only bad thing he said he has seen so far is a guy got beat up, but other than thats its been ok so far, he is just happy its close to home, me too!!! :D:thumbsup:

Hope you are all having a good night.

Daphne

samanthaessmyer
10-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah I get that its really croweded too I havent heard from my guy since my visit with him on that one Sunday (2 ago) So I wonder whats up with him sure hope hes not the one that got beat up JK. Anyways how are yall doing?

sssimlay
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
the c/os were great this weekend. everyone seemed more relaxed and chilled. i went on sunday and then went back again on monday after his parole hearing. they all wanted to know how it went at the hearing. and the c/o that took my hunny back after we got done visiting yesterday asked him if i was his wife and my hunny says close enough (we are engaged). and the c/o says, yep there are still some good ones out there. i thought that was sweet. finally someone saying something positve instead of always beating them down.

the only thing that sucked on monday was one of the vending machines with the sandwiches was broken so there was slim pickings in the other one.

daphne i don't have a copy of the marriage packet. when you go to visit there is a yellow folder in the visiting room that has some stuff in it. it looks like it's just stuff the chaplain goes over with the inmates. the chaplain told my hunny that he wanted him to complete a marriage couseling class before he would approve us getting married--we think it's a 12 week program. i don't know if that is the same for everyone though. in the marriage packet though they pretty much discourage you from doing it there. they say only 5% of people who get married on the inside make it. and they chaplain doesn't do it. he gave give you the name of a few priests or you can have your own as long as he clears the background check. anyway, we decided to hold off for a bit. he is doing a group class, his ged class and a prerelease class and really needs to focus on those so the marriage classes are on hold. we don't really wanna do it there anyway but if for some reason he stays longer than a year (sentence of 1-5) then we will go ahead and do it.

sssimlay
10-22-2008, 08:08 PM
oh yeah i forgot to say that i stayed at the petticoat motel on sunday night for the first time. it was decent. not 3 or 4 for sure, but clean and not too pricey. it's about 3 miles from pine river right on m-46 going west (right by the exit for 127). i paid $40 for the night (42.40 w/ tax). i asked for a non smoking room and the room smelled great. i was kinda suprised by that lol! it is next door to a truck stop though and a little noisy being right off the highway so if you are a light sleeper i would recommend earplugs. but the bed was comfy and the shower was hot. after my hunny's parole hearing on monday i went to the petticoat restaurant (right next door to the motel--lol) and got a really good omelette and the wait staff was super nice so i will be going there again!

stinkerbell
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
I am sorry ut I just have to bust out laughing at a hotel called the petticoat too funny, Glad to hear everyone is doing good. My bro is still at PR he should be having a parole hearing this summer or next fall is erd is april 2010.

welcome daphne :wave:

queenwdg
10-24-2008, 02:52 PM
oh yeah i forgot to say that i stayed at the petticoat motel on sunday night for the first time. it was decent. not 3 or 4 for sure, but clean and not too pricey. it's about 3 miles from pine river right on m-46 going west (right by the exit for 127). i paid $40 for the night (42.40 w/ tax). i asked for a non smoking room and the room smelled great. i was kinda suprised by that lol! it is next door to a truck stop though and a little noisy being right off the highway so if you are a light sleeper i would recommend earplugs. but the bed was comfy and the shower was hot. after my hunny's parole hearing on monday i went to the petticoat restaurant (right next door to the motel--lol) and got a really good omelette and the wait staff was super nice so i will be going there again!

There is also a motel called the COMFORTABLE INN, that is a little over $60.00 a night, right next to the movie theatre and bowling alley. Very quiet and clean.

dianna1975
10-24-2008, 03:57 PM
St. Louis also has a nice little restaurant downtown. It is called the "River Rock Bar & Grill". They just remodeled and expanded it. It is next to the Dollar General.

lady_love6866
10-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi Ladies,
I'm approved for Visit wow in less than a week, I'm impressed!
I will probably go next weekend, since I already have plans for this weekend. Will check later to see who might be there on the day I go, always wonder who else is a PTO member.

I have so been enjoying our phone calls, 15 minutes goes by so fast though, sooooo we have talked a couple of times a day, but at a $1.91 who can complain huh?
He's getting settled in finally and has started to order his things TV radio etc. thats a bummer they only get store every other week instead of weekly, oh well he will work it out.
On my way back home from downstate from work I took the St Louis exit just so I could get an idea of where the facility was, I stopped at the gas station on the corner and the lady said its about a mile up the road, I felt so emotional being so close and not be able to see him, but as luck would have it, the phone rang and it was him!!! :D
He said where are you, he knew I was driving home that day, I said you will never guess!! About a mile from you! He got really quiet, so I sat in the parking lot of the gas station and talked with him, I wanted to cry :( but I was also happy at the same time that he happened to call at that specific time. WOW ESP LOL :idea:

Have a great weekend, may end up seeing some of you next week on a visit.

Lady_love

sssimlay
10-26-2008, 03:23 PM
i was there yesterday and plan on being there next sunday. hope to see fellow pto members! hope everyone had a good weekend!

lady_love6866
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
HI Everyone, anything new going on? I am thinking of going for my first visit on Friday.
Just wanted to drop by and say Hi and hope all is well with everyone

LadyLove

sssimlay
10-31-2008, 06:02 PM
ok, from reading everyone posts i know none of you are really close to me so carpooling wouldn't work. but i'm tossing around the idea of staying the weekend next week (nov 8th and 9th) and wondering if anyone would be interested in splitting a room in the area? i'm 2 hours away so even though gas has been much cheaper recently it's still not effective to drive all the way and all the way back to visit both days.

lady_love6866
11-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok Ladies, I know I need to be there for my man, but has he ever called and told you about things that are going on in there that just make you worry even more?
What do you do, what do you say?

samanthaessmyer
11-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Mine does that all the time. Worries me until I hear from him again. I don't do anything when talking to him because I don't want him to feel bad about telling me or what not because really in all honesty I am glad hes tellin me and not anyone else but when I get off the phone or done reading his letter I just cry. I don't know what to say to him so I just say that sucks and go on with the convo/letter. I guess I am in the same boat as you and don't know what to say to him so when you find some good answers let me know as well. :)

Ok Ladies, I know I need to be there for my man, but has he ever called and told you about things that are going on in there that just make you worry even more?
What do you do, what do you say?

stinkerbell
11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I havent been up since august to see my brother but I am hoping to get up there before Thanksgiving :)

lady_love6866
11-03-2008, 07:54 PM
For anyone wondering.....the phones were down at Pine River yesterday and they got them fixed this afternoon.
After our call on Saturday and then he didnt call I thought oh what now!!!
So was glad to hear his voice, all the guys were mad.

Have a good week everyone

sssimlay
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah we just need to be strong. i don't think they are telling us to worry but just so we have an idea of what is going on with them. i hear a lot this place is frustrating. but, my hunny tries to keep busy and lay low. he is in every class he can be in right now and when not in class he stays on his bunk watches tv, writes me, calls everyone on his phone list, naps or reads. in the summer he did get out to walk the track and play horseshoes. but now he says the game rooms and weight pit are full of people who want to cause trouble and he isn't there for that. his motto is do his time and go home. he does say there are a lot of activites that go on in the bathrooms that you are best to just ignore.

sssimlay
11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
on a side note phones have been down at pine river since yesterday. i was up for a visit yesterday and the phones were down all day. i was expecting a call this morning and it didn't come through so i called there at lunch time and they were still down. my hunny finally got through around 1:15 this afternoon. he was supposed to call me before count and since it's nearly 9:20 now i don't think that is going to happen. so either the phones are back down or so many people were trying to get to the phones he couldn't (happens sometimes). so, in case any of you were expecting a call and didn't get one yesterday or today just thought i would let you know.

oopss guess i'm slow--lol! didn't see daphne already posted this info!!

sssimlay
11-08-2008, 09:44 PM
wow! i just got back from my visit today. it was a madhouse in there today. i visited yesterday too and only a handful of people were in there from 4:30-8:30. i got there at 1:30 today and had to take a number to get processed. i did make it in the room before shift change though--whoo hoo. when i got in there it was PACKED. we barely found a place to sit and we knew our friends were going to be there around 4 to join our visit so we were always keeping an eye out for 4 seats together. in the 4 months i have been going today was the first day i have seen them terminate visits. it was crazy at one time there were 11 guys all up against the wall waiting for their visitors to come in. one of the c/os told us that they had to terminate 5 visits today. yikes! we got lucky and a family left the same time our friends came in so we all got to sit together. and then it seemed to calm down after 5 pm. the visit was all good though. considering how many people were in there..the c/os were in a good mood and no one seemed to cranky because they got terminated. i guess that is just a reminder not to take our visits for granted.

lady_love6866
11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
We had our first visit on Friday night also, was nice only a few people in there.
I cant wait to go again, I guess we picked the right day to go, now I am super glad my b/f talked me into going on Friday after work instead of Saturday, he wouldnt have liked that at all. He dont do well with crowds.... you would think he would be used to them, but thats probably half the reason he dont like them. ha

Mrs.Cuellar
11-11-2008, 09:30 AM
wow! i just got back from my visit today. it was a madhouse in there today. i visited yesterday too and only a handful of people were in there from 4:30-8:30. i got there at 1:30 today and had to take a number to get processed. i did make it in the room before shift change though--whoo hoo. when i got in there it was PACKED. we barely found a place to sit and we knew our friends were going to be there around 4 to join our visit so we were always keeping an eye out for 4 seats together. in the 4 months i have been going today was the first day i have seen them terminate visits. it was crazy at one time there were 11 guys all up against the wall waiting for their visitors to come in. one of the c/os told us that they had to terminate 5 visits today. yikes! we got lucky and a family left the same time our friends came in so we all got to sit together. and then it seemed to calm down after 5 pm. the visit was all good though. considering how many people were in there..the c/os were in a good mood and no one seemed to cranky because they got terminated. i guess that is just a reminder not to take our visits for granted.

I was there too, it was packed to the top I wish I knew who you where so I could say hi, HI!

sssimlay
11-11-2008, 08:17 PM
i had on a black sweater and jeans. we were sitting against the wall with the eagle til about 4 then we got up and moved in front of the coffee vending machine when our friends got there. i'm mexican and have short dark hair. i think i saw you when you came in with 3 little girls.

sssimlay
11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
daphne our men had lunch today --lol. they were making fun of us for going on pto :) well, not really they just thought it was cute how we come here for questions like about tvs and radios and how it all works then we get sucked in and we are on this site nearly every day!!

stinkerbell
11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I always wonder when I go if anyone is from PTO also but I dont wanna get into anyones buisness asking if their man knows my brother and such lol.
I am not there very often and usually go on Saturday, I have a pic of me in my profile, if anyone ever wants to say hi My name is Teresa

Mrs.Cuellar
11-12-2008, 04:15 PM
That is so funny I can't picture you from on Saturday, I think but not too sure, next time say or wave hi I won't bite!lol My name is Christina

sssimlay
11-12-2008, 05:23 PM
i will say to you guys if i see you :) my name is shannon. i usually go up every weekend but it depends on my schedule if i go on sat or sun. this week i'm planning on making the trip on sunday.

daphne said something in a pm about how mrs. dragon used to make pto bracelets so we could identify each other. i think that would be kinda cool. anyone know what they look like?

jleigha
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Hello Ladies!!

I was there Saturday too! I am pretty new to this site, but I have to agree that was the most busy Sat. that I have seen in a long while. I am sure that I have seen you weekend regulars often. Hope all is well with you and yours.

My name is Janet. I am sure that I will be seeing you around :o

sssimlay
11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
welcome jleigha!

lady_love6866
11-13-2008, 09:38 PM
LOL Yea he mentioned he sat down next your guy and mentioned seeing him on visit. I know M always asks why do you go on there? I said you wouldnt understand.....lol
He knows I spend alot of time on here. Although while he was in county he would say well why dont you go to PTO and find this out or that out!! lol hmmmmm
I told him that we had messaged and wanted to meet sometime while at a visit. When I told him I thought that was you at the end of the VR and I came back from the vending machines he said so did you say hi to her? I said no, I dont know that its her, but they both look familiar and then it wasnt even u.....lol
but just like your guy he remembers you guys......so what does that mean, we dont remember but the guys do......LOL
To funny :D

daphne our men had lunch today --lol. they were making fun of us for going on pto :) well, not really they just thought it was cute how we come here for questions like about tvs and radios and how it all works then we get sucked in and we are on this site nearly every day!!

lady_love6866
11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Janet welcome!
Last Friday was my first visit. I will probably only go once a month so maybe once we decide on a color of bracelet, we will know one another, its always nice to know fellow pto members, I think........

samanthaessmyer
11-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey I haven't been on here lately just wanted to check up with all you ladies and see how your loved ones are. My man just had his birthday and it killed me that I couldn't get up to see him on his bday. He has been really been down too for some reason that he won't tell me why.

sssimlay
11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
prison is depressing. i can understand them being down. the same people day in and day out. the same nasty food--i'm sure we have all heard about the bare naked fish--every other saturday now. my hunny says they could call the whole compound to eat at one time on those days instead of making them go in shifts. i'm sure the weather isn't helping. it's cold outside and yeah they can go in the yard a lot but there isn't a a place for them to stay toasty and warm. is he is any classes? i think that is key--find something to give him some purpose. if he can't get in any classes right now maybe just going to church. can he work? maybe try to get a job?

sssimlay
11-17-2008, 09:12 PM
omg the normal two hour drive home yesterday took me over 3! the roads were sooo freaking bad! black ice everywhere. then i got turned around in saginaw (good day for me to leave my gps at home..uggh) cuz they closed m-46 and i had no clue how to get to were i wanted to go. somehow, by the grace of God i ended up in Birch Run and found 75 there. but, i was white knuckling it from flint to imlay city--about 35 miles. my hunny must have had a 6th sense because he was supposed to call at 10:10 but didn't call me until 10:30 when i was minutes from home. the first thing i said to him was if it's like this next week, i love you baby but i'm not making trip.

samanthaessmyer
11-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah he has told me about those fish infact that day you seen me there he told me about it lol. He isn't in classes but I should tell him to get into some and he goes to church and he had a job but lost it so now he is on the waiting list. But yeah it was pretty nasty the last couple days. I don't know how much I will be going up there I am trying to get him to come closer I mean we have a prison right here in my town why the hell cant he come here.

Mrs.Cuellar
11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
well Mrs. Shannon it was nice meeting you, it caught me off gaurd at first. Yeah the bad weather will be rolling in and the trips get harder I have white knuckled it before where I thought I heard death knocking at my door but it was unexpected and far away so my two and a half trip took like four it was that bad. He doesn't like us going if it bad people have a tendency of crashing into me seriously three times in two years since he has been locked up but they say God tests your strength and when I meet him I bet he will be laughing at all the crap he burried me in! As far as boredum it is winter and time to sit on your bed and read some good books and do some good thinking. My hubby always gets so much more romantic in the winter. Classes he has had them all pretty much and is waiting for more so he is getting ready to hibernate, my god I love that man! Food yup it is prison food but atleast they get cornish game hens for thanksgiving that is a treat, try to remember your gps everytime you go anywhere new I hate gettng lost but I got lucky I only live 45 minutes away in good weather 1:15 tops depending on traffic but it sucks you can't pick the place cause there is one like 30 minutes away from me here. well ttyl

lady_love6866
11-20-2008, 10:09 AM
"M" called last night and said he seen a memo on the counselor's door that as of yesterday 11-19-08 all money orders have to be sent to:

Centralized Receipting Office
MDOC
PO Box 700
Freeland Mi 48623-0700

He also mentioned disbursements will go through Muskegon.

Another bit of information we found out yesterday also, which some of you may already know, but when he first got there he sent his envelopes out to be metered and he wrote his first/last name and number on them, and they were sent back rejected because he didnt have his "full" first name on them, which he said he has always sent them like that, so anyway he didnt have any envelopes, so he was waiting for next store before he sent out a letter......so anyway.........he found out last night that they can write a dispursement out their account for postage for a letter to be sent out, so he wouldnt have had to wait all this time. :( I have been bummin for a letter, even though we talk everyday a letter is ALWAYS welcome.

Have a great day Ladies!!

Its snowing like crazy here. :eek: I live in the wrong state to dislike winter as much as I do.......:D

Mrs.Cuellar
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
"M" called last night and said he seen a memo on the counselor's door that as of yesterday 11-19-08 all money orders have to be sent to:

Centralized Receipting Office
MDOC
PO Box 700
Freeland Mi 48623-0700

He also mentioned disbursements will go through Muskegon.

Another bit of information we found out yesterday also, which some of you may already know, but when he first got there he sent his envelopes out to be metered and he wrote his first/last name and number on them, and they were sent back rejected because he didnt have his "full" first name on them, which he said he has always sent them like that, so anyway he didnt have any envelopes, so he was waiting for next store before he sent out a letter......so anyway.........he found out last night that they can write a dispursement out their account for postage for a letter to be sent out, so he wouldnt have had to wait all this time. :( I have been bummin for a letter, even though we talk everyday a letter is ALWAYS welcome.

Have a great day Ladies!!

Its snowing like crazy here. :eek: I live in the wrong state to dislike winter as much as I do.......:D

We can still send the money to pine river but they will send it to sag correctional. Ionia is handling the disbursements but it is taking hella long we have already posted the info on general talk, it sucks big time waiting for mail and they are picky sometimes you will get it soon,

this too shall pass!

sssimlay
11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Christina, sorry didn't mean to catch you off guard :) My hunny was teasing me cuz I went to get cappacino one time and he said I should say hi to you and I chickened out. Mostly, because I didn't know how to start when you were sitting with your family and I didn't want to interrupt your quality time. So, it was perfect when you got up to go to the vending machine and I was already there--lol. anyway, looks like I'm heading up on Sunday this weekend. I'm carpooling with our friends that visit him too so at least if the roads are crap (supposed to snow sunday night) i won't be driving it alone. i say a thanks to God every time I get home from that trip!

Mrs.Cuellar
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Yes ma'am a trip is much better with company than being alone especially in such yucky weather:thumbsup: Well see now on we can share a smile when we see each other and not be a chicken,lol. I didn't go up on Saturday we are holdong out for Thanksgiving and the trip and vending machine food costs are up there for us for we are missing a week but we get to spend it together on Turkey day. I will see you around soon, and dude the money issue is taking hella long to get there I hope they figure it out soon:angry:

sssimlay
11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
yeah i went up on sunday and he actually got called up to the podium because we were laughing too loud! the c/o was super cool about it. and now that i think about it we were pretty loud. but that is what happens when the four of us (our friends went up too) get together. after that we were like little kids and couldn't stop giggling trying not to laugh.

i think the plan for this weekend is to go up on saturday stay the night in the area and visit again on sunday but leave around 4 pm instead of 8 pm. i still have to figure out my budget though. i know what you mean about the costs i think most of the food is fairly priced in the vending machines but still it can drain and i'm only feeding the two of us..so i can imagine what it would be for you.

after noon tomorrow i'm off work until monday and i can't wait...whoo hoo! if i don't make it back on here i wish you all a great turkey day!!!

oh yeah even though he never got notified he did get the money i sent so go figure. we were just trying to plan out when i should send the next money order today--lol! it would be awesome if we could do it electronically soon.

samanthaessmyer
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
hey all I have a question is anyone else having to wait along time to get a letter from your guys that are in Pine River. It took mine 3 weeks to get and he wrote it before right after his birthday which was the 10th I didnt get it until this past wednesday

sssimlay
12-05-2008, 02:00 PM
usually my mail comes from there pretty fast. its the writer who is slow--lol! when he first got there we would both write like there was no tomorrow, but since then we are down to one to two letters a month. i've been crazy busy at work and he has been crazy busy trying to get out of there (taking as many classes as possible) and with weekly visits and daily phone calls letter writing has taken a back seat. any way i got a letter yesterday the 4th which he sent out on monday--but since they don't pick the mail up til late at night it was post marked the 2nd. so far we really haven't had too much of a problem with the mail. there was one letter that i sent on like aug 12th and he didn't get til aug 30th but he eventually got it so i don't know.

sssimlay
12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
i didn't make it up last weekend for the first time since august. he was pretty upset but i was worried the roads would be bad and i had just worked like 60 hours that week and needed some down time. but, anyway, i've got the rest of my december visits all planned (weather permitting) out and i'm still at like 6 which is what i normally manage. but one question..did anyone go last week or have they been in the winter? how are the roads around there? i'm not too worried about 75 but m-46 i get on that road in saginaw. the stretch from there to the prison is what scares me since it is all open. are the roads usually pretty clear? are they drifted over with snow? the weather channel said there might be white outs because of the blowing snow? just need to know what i'm heading into. if i can't have him home yet can i at least have a mild winter?

queenwdg
12-09-2008, 06:53 PM
i didn't make it up last weekend for the first time since august. he was pretty upset but i was worried the roads would be bad and i had just worked like 60 hours that week and needed some down time. but, anyway, i've got the rest of my december visits all planned (weather permitting) out and i'm still at like 6 which is what i normally manage. but one question..did anyone go last week or have they been in the winter? how are the roads around there? i'm not too worried about 75 but m-46 i get on that road in saginaw. the stretch from there to the prison is what scares me since it is all open. are the roads usually pretty clear? are they drifted over with snow? the weather channel said there might be white outs because of the blowing snow? just need to know what i'm heading into. if i can't have him home yet can i at least have a mild winter?

I don't know where m-46 is in relation to US-23, but the blowing snow is HORRIBLE. I wetn ONE time last winter and told my husband NO WAY will I go when the weather is bad. the blowing snow almost brings the roads to a standstill because you have to drive VERY slow. Now, that's just me, I may not be a good gage, because i HATE driving, but I would NEVER drive out there in the winter in the DARK...to many trucks.

dianna1975
12-09-2008, 07:14 PM

I live in St. Louis. Personally I don't think 46 is bad but you are right about it being all open. The road is traveled quite a bit so that helps keep it clear. If you do decide to visit drive carefully:thumbsup:

Mrs.Cuellar
12-10-2008, 04:55 PM

It is fricken horrible on that road, they try to keep it cleaned off but the drifts are what suck. I just drive slower than usual and get there in one piece but it depends on the day too. I went up there last winter and it was a okay winter to drive in so just say some prayers on the way there.

sssimlay
12-17-2008, 05:34 PM
just checking in haven't posted on here in a while. i did make it up last sunday. it wasn't too bad of a drive. i didn't get out of there til a little after 4 so it was dark by the time i got home which was what i was trying to avoid. so, the plan this week if the weather holds up (winter storm watch is in effect...uggh) to go up on Friday (i get out of work at noon) and then stay the night and visit again sat morning but be out of there by 3 pm at the latest. i hate this winter!!!

sssimlay
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
so i only made it up there on saturday. no way was i going out in that mess on friday. i didn't even make it work. i was only scheduled to work a half day and i would've been mad if i had fought my way into work because they sent everyone home at 11 cuz it was getting so bad. i'm trying to get up there at least fri and saturday this week but ice pellets in the forecast for friday up there and i'm sure its going to be a madhouse that day. i heard the day after thanksgiving was insane so i can only imagine the day after christmas..uggh. how many days til spring..like 89 lol!!

samanthaessmyer
12-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I haven't been up there since October which sucks but after the holidays are over and my sister gets approved I will be going up there more. I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

sssimlay
12-29-2008, 10:03 PM
i was gonna go up fri, sat and sun this week but only made it up on sat and sun. i was actually on my way friday (well just pulled out of the driveway--lol) and he told me to save the gas and it was supposed to get really foggy that night and i was gonna drive home at night so just to stay home and go up on saturday. i thought it was sweet of him to think of me first and not put him getting a visit in front of me. i did make it up on saturday and the visit was good except the vending machines with the sandwiches were EMPTY!! i couldn't believe it nothing, nada. so we had to make due with a few chips and candy bars from the snack machines. i even ending up cutting my visit short so he could go back and eat something. i stayed the night at the petticoat. this is the first time i had a bad experience there. it was soooo windy up there this weekend and the bed was right underneath a window so all night long there was cold air blowing on me and the metal door kept slamming against the frame all night. i swear i got like an hour of sleep. so of course i'm getting ready to start my period and i'm sleep deprived so we get in a fight on sunday. i hate crying in the visiting room but can't be helped sometimes. i'm usually the upbeat one but with everything including the holidays apart from each other i just broke down. but in the end he just held me and made me laugh and it was all better :) but when i got home of course i couldn't sleep i think i was overtired. so i just put on some mindless tv, lit a bunch of candles and eventually unwound enough to fall asleep. my aunt sent me an email to ask me how my holidays were going and she said if they were going bad at least look at it this way..they are almost over! anyway 2 holidays down only 1 left to go..we can do this ladies!! except i was at meijer today and the valentines decorations were already up!!!! uggh, barf! lol!

queenwdg
12-29-2008, 11:20 PM
i was at meijer today and the valentines decorations were already up!!!! uggh, barf! lol!

OMG!!!!! I went into target today and V-day cards were already out also. I mean new Year's hasn't even gotten here yet. But I was one of those smucks buying them. The last couple of years, I haven't been on time with his cards, with being so busy with work and so many other things. So I felt guilty and I bought his cards today. I am going to fill them out, stmap them and put them in my drawer in my office at work and mail them off the week BEFORE V-Day.

Is't disgusting that the cards are out ALREADY!!!

Mrs.Cuellar
01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
OMG!!!!! I went into target today and V-day cards were already out also. I mean new Year's hasn't even gotten here yet. But I was one of those smucks buying them. The last couple of years, I haven't been on time with his cards, with being so busy with work and so many other things. So I felt guilty and I bought his cards today. I am going to fill them out, stmap them and put them in my drawer in my office at work and mail them off the week BEFORE V-Day.

Is't disgusting that the cards are out ALREADY!!!

You go girl I am with you on it call me a smuck too but it is a couples holiday and I know what you mean about being super busy and needing to give em extra lovins I do the same thing. But it sounds like you are super on the ball

queenwdg
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
You go girl I am with you on it call me a smuck too but it is a couples holiday and I know what you mean about being super busy and needing to give em extra lovins I do the same thing. But it sounds like you are super on the ball

Now all I need to do is MAKE sure I send them off on time:eek:.

Mrs.Cuellar
01-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah I am sending mine off soon here cause my mail seems to be taking forever! Hey everyone make sure to get your 5% discount from CBS I got mine today!

Joshuasfiance
01-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Hey Im kinda new at this and thought that I would just say Hi! My man is a Pine River but hasnt been there long. Is there any information or news I should be aware of

queenwdg
01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey Im kinda new at this and thought that I would just say Hi! My man is a Pine River but hasnt been there long. Is there any information or news I should be aware of

You can start by reading this entire post ON Pine River, and then do a search ON the words PINE RIVER and see what pops up and read THOSE posts.

SeeDubsGirl
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been to this site but I wanted to share a happy story with you all. I know how much it meant to me to hear a happy "getting out" story when CW was locked up so even though he's only been out a little more then a month, I thought I would share mine. So here it is... WooHooo!!! He's out and it's Good!! He got paroled to his Mom's which kind of blows because I would rather have him with me but she needs his help right now (her husband just passed away) and CW needs to make up for all the grief he has given her through out the years and try to ease her load a little bit. So it's all good. Parole is TOUGH. But he's doing really good. He's got a job and he spends the weekends with me. He is the sweetest, kindest man I have ever been with and the one thing about him is that he doesn't take our love or our time together for granted. It's everything he promised me it would be. I know we're gonna make it. If I had any doubts before he was released, and I did, they are gone now. So he did pick up a few wierd habits while he was locked up. He wears his shower shoes here all the time. And he makes this kind of whistling noise with his lip constantly, and it gets worse when he's nervous about something. I haven't been able to get him to go out to eat yet but we've been to the grocery store a few times. I have to watch him while we're there cuz he gets panicky if there are alot of people around. He will never eat rice or ramen noodles again. And he really has a hard time making decisions even if it's just what he would like for dinner. I imagine it will get better with time. The one thing he hasn't lost is his touch on a woman. Thank God !! It all came back to him like he had never been away for so long. He talks alot about his "crew" at pine river.And wonders whats goin on with them. He can't have contact with felons so I told him I would do what I could to help him out. There is one guy in particular that CW was wondering about. His name is Art. CW can't remember for the life of him what Arts last name is but he was up for parole when CW left Pine River.. CW hung out with guys named Ax, Art and Morris and a couple of other guys whose names I can't remember. CW's name is Chuck. If any of you recognize these names or have a man in PRCF that you think might know who I'm talking about, could you let me know? After being locked up with these guys for so long, I think Chuck kind of thinks of them like family and I would love to be able to let him know whats goin on with them. Thanks for any help you can give me. I hope you all have the life of love that I'm having when your man gets out. I have never been happier and I wish that for you all.

sssimlay
01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey all. I went up for a visit today. the weather was kinda weird. foggy and slushy down 75 but 46 was clear for the most part. anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi. it's been a crazy week at work and looking forward to another one :)

Miss Christina--i love your new hair. it looks good. i'm going on a cruise in 8 days and I was thinking of doing something like that before i leave. probably not as short in the back but the chunky highlights i like those :)

welcome joshuasfiancee. as far as i can tell pine river isn't too bad, but its my only experience with the prison system so i don't really know. if you have any specific questions that you don't see address in this thread just ask i'm sure someone will come along and answer you.

seedubsgirl good to hear things are going well with you man being home. i think about that too. hopefully if all goes well my hunny will be home in 5 months (he is on a deferral til he is finished with group but has been getting good progress reports) and even though he will have only been gone for a year it still weighs on my mind how he has changed-i know he has to be a different man in prison than he is at home and he has really made the effort to be a better man but its still there in the back of my head is that the same guy i loved when he went in--will that guy come home? i feel in my heart i'm gonna get the new and improved version of him but stil it's good to hear an encouraging story. thank you! what unit was he in? none of those names sound familiar to me.

SeeDubsGirl
01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi SS
It sounds like your guy IS going to come out new and improved. If he is making such an effort to do what he has to do to get released my bet would be on a happy new beginning for the 2 of you when he does come home. Chuck was in unit D along with Art, Morris and Ax.

Mrs.Cuellar
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey all. I went up for a visit today. the weather was kinda weird. foggy and slushy down 75 but 46 was clear for the most part. anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi. it's been a crazy week at work and looking forward to another one :)

Miss Christina--i love your new hair. it looks good. i'm going on a cruise in 8 days and I was thinking of doing something like that before i leave. probably not as short in the back but the chunky highlights i like those :)

welcome joshuasfiancee. as far as i can tell pine river isn't too bad, but its my only experience with the prison system so i don't really know. if you have any specific questions that you don't see address in this thread just ask i'm sure someone will come along and answer you.

seedubsgirl good to hear things are going well with you man being home. i think about that too. hopefully if all goes well my hunny will be home in 5 months (he is on a deferral til he is finished with group but has been getting good progress reports) and even though he will have only been gone for a year it still weighs on my mind how he has changed-i know he has to be a different man in prison than he is at home and he has really made the effort to be a better man but its still there in the back of my head is that the same guy i loved when he went in--will that guy come home? i feel in my heart i'm gonna get the new and improved version of him but stil it's good to hear an encouraging story. thank you! what unit was he in? none of those names sound familiar to me.

thank you:)I am still very nervous about the back I think it is too short but he says he loves it ! I tried to say hey to you when you were walking past but I don't think you heard.Have fun on your trip!

sssimlay
01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Christina you will get used to it in no time! My hair used to be down to the middle of back--last year around this time I cut 8 inches off. I love it so much better shorter. It forces me to do something with it instead of just throwing it up in a ponytail. but, anwyay i think it looks good! and sorry, i didn't hear you say hi. i was in la la that day--lol.

i will be up there on fri and sat this week. my mom is coming with me for the first time so we will see how that goes.

cdub my hunny is in g unit (and yes, i can't say that without multiple rap lyrics ring through my head--ahhh the 90s--lol) so no help here. and yes, he is working hard in group and we talk about what he does there every and what he needs to do when he gets home. he is a little worried because another pysch joined the group yesterday and everyone was weirded out by it because its such a personal class and now they have to get used to someone new. they weren't told if that was just in training or she was just observing.

when i talked to my hunny yesterday he said a new guy rode in on monday and his wife lives near me kinda sorta. she hadn't heard about prison talk so i told him to tell the guy so she could get on here so maybe we will be "seeing" a new face soon :)

Mrs.Cuellar
01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Well I hope all goes well with your mammi, I don't think I am going up there this weekend I need some serious doen time cause we just keep going and going here and it is catching up on me I can't wait til feb 12th my vacation time kicks in and I can catch some r&r.

SeeDubsGirl
01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
SS - Thanks for tryin! If you meet anyone with a man in D unit send em my way!! LOL@ your G unit rappin... THAT brought a grin to my face!. I remember when CW was in group. God he hated it. He's not one to share his personal feelings with anyone let alone someone whose tryin to get inside his head! (Thats a scarey place sometimes. LOL) So he would give the psych a bunch of crap and get everybody goin. Sometimes I wonder how he ever got released! I don't blame your guy for buggin with a stranger in there. I would be too. Hopefully it was just an observer but even so I think it's a rotten thing. But then we all know that what WE think doesn't matter for $hi$! Isn't this weather crazy? I keep trying to pretend that all this snow is piles of hot white sand and it works until I have to go outside and it's 15 below 0!!!:eek:

Inmate'sWife
01-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I havn't been on here in a while...just reading up on everyone! My husband is in P.R. too and is set for parole in March, so it was good too read a happy story!(SeeDubsGirl) I know some things change about our men while they are in there, but eventually some of it wears off. My brother was in prison for 8 years and some of those habits he still has, but for the most part he is back to "normal". I, like some of you am too worried about what it is going to be like when my hubby comes home! He has been gone for almost 16 months and has a little over 2 months to go. Can't wait! But, nervous at the same time...18 months is a long time to be there, away from your family and life. I haven't got to see my hubby since October and it is real hard, and yes, the weather sucks! I live in Southern Lower Michigan, not too far from the Indiana border and we just have got pounded with the snow and now the wind chills of -36! So everyone take care, be safe, and stay warm!

SeeDubsGirl
01-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Morning every1!
It's 5:30 am. I made the mistake of going out to start my car with wet hair.All I did was go out, start the car ( It made all kinds of moans and groans and chokes but it started, thank God!) and went back in the house and my hair was frozen. I heard on the news it's warmer in Fairbanks Alaska. Bundle up! I'm sending you all "warm" wishes!!

sssimlay
01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
christina i hear you about the down time. it is so much to go up every weekend sometimes. i was doing it from august til december until i finally took a weekend off. it sucked at first but we got through it and i really helped just relax. as i mentioned in an earlier post i am going on vacation in a couple days. i leave for the bahamas on monday and will be back friday but then my sister is coming in from washington for a few days and of course we have to party it up--one of our friends is turning 30--so we are doing a limo and going down to the city clubbing. he suprised this morning when i talked to him cuz he said he would be ok with me not going up next weekend. he thought i would be tired from vaca and stuff. i told him i would think about it. we talk every day sometimes 2-3 times a day and when i'm out of the country i don't think my phone will work so i have to go almost a week without talking to him and then not see him next week too. i think i am too spoiled for that! i guess i see how i feel when i get back. i have today off and i don't go back to work until the 27th so i'm gonna try to squeeze him in there sometime :)

sssimlay
01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
just got back from my visit for the weekend. it was good as always. my mom went with me friday night for her first visit. she did really well and she said it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be :) she was like when can i go with you again. she said she misses the way my face lights up when i'm around him--awww. after our vist we tried our luck at soaring eagle--we didn't win anything but it was still fun. then we headed back to the hotel. i went by myself to visit today. i only stayed 3 hours because of the weather. the roads really weren't too bad. it usually takes me an hour and 45 to 2 hours to get home and it took me 2 1/2. it was the blowing snow that was the worst.

but one good thing! they have added a couple of heaters to the visiting room. i guess it was brought up in the warden's forum about how cold it was in there. there are two of them on top of the pop machines. they seemed to help a little anyway :)

Inmate'sWife
01-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Hope everyone is keeping warm! Anyone have a loved one in H Unit?

Mrs.Cuellar
01-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Hope everyone is keeping warm! Anyone have a loved one in H Unit?

Nope A unit here

lady_love6866
01-22-2009, 07:56 PM
My last visit to Pine River was on January 2nd. We had a good visit, but we had gone through a rough patch during the holidays.
Unfortunately they moved my guy out the following Wednesday to Cooper Street to be sent to a camp, so I wont get a chance to meet anyone of you on a visit.
My guy is now all the way on the west side of the UP 6-7 hours away!!!!! We are SO BUMMED OUT!!! :( :blah: :angry:That really stinks! Well at least we still have the phone calls and letters, and hope for an early spring! :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend Ladies and enjoy your visits!

samanthaessmyer
01-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey all just wanted to let ya'll know me and Kris are getting married. March 18th of this year yay!! Anyone get married while they were locked up? Also anyone have a loved on in C unit?

Inmate'sWife
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey all just wanted to let ya'll know me and Kris are getting married. March 18th of this year yay!! Anyone get married while they were locked up? Also anyone have a loved on in C unit?

Congrats. and Best Wishes! :thumbsup: I hope the time goes fast for the both of us as my Hubby will be getting out 6 days after your wedding!:D My Hubby is in H unit, seems like we have them scattered all over this place!

SeeDubsGirl
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Congrats!! I wish you the very best!!:)

sssimlay
01-31-2009, 10:06 AM
anyone hear anything bout an an ambulance in e or f unit during 6:30 count yesterday? my hunny is in g but he said it took forever for count to clear so he asked a co and he said something about someone needed an ambulance. he didn't get much more info than that. just that it wasn't because of a fight or anything and they were working on the guy. he didn't know if the guy was young or old. maybe a heart attack? uggh that kind of stuff just scares me.

sssimlay
01-31-2009, 10:09 AM
samantha let us know how it goes. my hunny is on a defferal right now but if they powers that be decide he shouldn't come home this year then we are going to get married in there too.

did he have to do pre marriage counseling?
do you have a family priest or are you using someone close to st louis?
who are gonna be your witnesses?

congrats and best wishes!

samanthaessmyer
01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
First off I didn't hear anything about someone needing an ambulance cause I was up there today to see Kris but he did tell me that a guy in his unit C had some sort of flesh eating diease and they had to ride him out and the guys had to clean and bleach the unit not sure if that was the reason for the ambulance or not.

I will for sure let you know how the wedding goes. He did have to do a pre marriage class but he said he was done in 2 days and it is mostly Bible things and some common sense questions like "Do you love your wife?" and things like that so he got that done. We are using the Mayor of St. Louis he charges $100 and with that money he puts it towards scholarships for people to go to school. My sister and we were going to have the guy I was talking about in the blue but he got rode out so my sisters boyfriend is going to be the other witness. Thank you!!

Man today the visiting room was packed like no other. I don't think anyone got kicked out but they were making us give up chairs that were by us. About 5ish everything finally seemed to calm down though which was good cause you couldn't hear what was being said. I will be going up there again on the 18th of March as a single woman but leaving married!!!!!!

samantha let us know how it goes. my hunny is on a defferal right now but if they powers that be decide he shouldn't come home this year then we are going to get married in there too.

did he have to do pre marriage counseling?
do you have a family priest or are you using someone close to st louis?
who are gonna be your witnesses?

congrats and best wishes!

Mrs.Cuellar
02-04-2009, 08:25 AM
FYI three days ago someone got stabbed multiple times at this facility.

samanthaessmyer
02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Holy crap that kind of things scare me to no end I was up there the day before and some dude was next to us bitching and giving Kris a weird look idk I just wish he didnt have to be in there anymore when I hear that I just think was it him and everything. I wont be able to see him again until the 18th of march and he cant call hopefully I get a letter from him.

Joshuasfiance
02-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Hello Everyone! Hope all is well. I heard about the stabbing too. It scares the crap out of me.The thought make it hard to sleep at night. But I'm sure we all go through it. I was wondering is anyone has a guy in E unit? Let me know and Don't forget V-day Cards:)

Rebekkah
02-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Has anyone heard anymore about the guy with the flesh eating disorder? Did anyone else get sick from it?

samanthaessmyer
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
As far as I know no one else got it they got him out of there real quick but they did have to clean everything up. He was in C unit. I got what Kris said it was and it was Mrsa if you know what that is. I havent gotten a letter from Kris this week yet but hopefully I will today and he will tell me more about it

Has anyone heard anymore about the guy with the flesh eating disorder? Did anyone else get sick from it?

samanthaessmyer
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
She joined this site to support me yay I am happy. Her name is Sara_cammon she just joined yesterday so shes still getting used to it all.

JandM
02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Hubby just got to PR about 5 days ago so just though I'd come in and say hi to you girls and get the 411 on pine river. So Hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samanthaessmyer
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Welcome JandM PR is an ok facility.

Oh yeah the guy with that Marsa is back in this prison Kris wrote me and told me he was back already!!!!

sssimlay
02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
jandm pine river doesn't seem too bad too me but as i have said before this is my first experience with the mdoc. after you read through the threads if you still have any questions just let us know and i'm sure one of us can answer it.

samantha--how can they bring him back? is he cured?

samanthaessmyer
02-21-2009, 03:48 PM
I have no clue how they could from what Kris said it was only an infection I really don't know. Kris got called back early to see the board again March 12 he goes see them he could be out and to me by April 10th

jbjfan
02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Well, I drove over 2 hours to Ionia to see my friend that I haven't seen in 16 years and found out they moved him to Pine River. Don't know if I'll get a chance to see him again.

samanthaessmyer
02-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Just checking in has anything been up for a visit? I haven't been up since the 31st of Jan. I will be going up on the 18th of March hopefully his mom still hasn't sent me his birth certificate well she said she sent it out on the 16th of Feb. its coming from Ark. but I still haven't gotten it. Anyways just wanted to check in and see whats going on no one really post here that much anymore.

sssimlay
02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
samantha i was up last weekend. other than that i have been crazy busy at work and by the time i get home, go the gym and make dinner its time for bed. i'm not going up this weekend because i worked late all week, worked today and have to work late on monday so i just need a day to chill. i do plan on going up next weekend, possibly both days but most likely just saturday.

good luck on the hearing! will they still let u get married? i've heard if they are getting out in less than a year then they want you to wait? i don't know how true that is though.

sssimlay
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
just to let u guys know the store list just got hit with a major increase. for example a deck of cards was 97 cents its now 2.70. my hunny didn't have time to go over the whole list but dang that is crazy.

samanthaessmyer
02-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure if they are or not I didn't think to ask Kris about it that would kinda suck if they didn't since we payed the mayor already and he said he don't return the money but they again since I haven't gotten his birth certificate from his mom yet that would be a good thing and plus a prison wedding wasn't what we really want anyways. I don't know I will let you know when I find out. I have gotten some letters from his dad and he misses Kris so much its sad sometimes to read the letters from his dad. Hope you have a good time up there whenever you do go!!!

Mrs.Cuellar
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
My hubby just called and told me they posted info that they are making SPR an all sex offender prison so they will be moving them in and the non out so I am scared I don't know where he will be going. They have a program called R-SAT just for drug programs so they are doing that in this situation. I am not sure if this next part is true or not so if anyone has info please let me know he said the word was MID Michigan is closing too! WTF!!! So i got laid off from my job so no intranet at home so I haven't been on in a grip but I wanted to jump on and spread the word.:angry:

dianna1975
03-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I am not sure if this next part is true or not so if anyone has info please let me know he said the word was MID Michigan is closing too! WTF!!! So i got laid off from my job so no intranet at home so I haven't been on in a grip but I wanted to jump on and spread the word.:angry:

Mrs. C ~ I have contact with a RUO from Pine River and more than once he has said something along the lines of, "if they end up closing the facility next door...." I always ask him if that is the latest rumor but he drops it at that. So I guess I have kind of heard that thru the grapevine. Was it a memo your husband seen posted about the SO's?

sssimlay
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
i haven't anything but them making it a so prison but i will ask when my hunny calls tonight. i don't mind pine river but it is over 100 miles from me but if they move him closer i would be fine with that! it would suck if he went further though. he finishes group in 3 weeks so they better not do anything before that. and he just started cage your rage. uggh. he has mentioned something about mid michigan closing though put just prison rumor nothing real.

christina--sorry to hear about the lay off. i'm sure we are all worried about that in this economy. i hope you find something soon.

sssimlay
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
k i talked to my hunny and he said he also heard both rumors. nothing concrete though. but he also said they have been moving a ton of people out. so who knows i guess time will tell.

Mrs.Cuellar
03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Okay I spoke with Larrianne Kipp the Wardens secretary just today and she did confirm that it will be turning into a SO prison. She said we probaly know as much if not more than her and she'll probaly read about it in the paper before they really learn about it. As far as the phasing out it will be gradually done so far only about twenty in and twenty out. But it is concrete and there is no telling when it will effect everyone so all we can do is wait to see. It could be one of ours next or even last there is no telling. As far as Mid-Michigan closing I don't have anything saying for sure but today from the wardens sec it is true about the so end of it. This really sucks but just buckle our sat belts and play the hand which we are dealt. :blah:

queenwdg
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Okay I spoke with Larrianne Kipp the Wardens secretary just today and she did confirm that it will be turning into a SO prison. She said we probaly know as much if not more than her and she'll probaly read about it in the paper before they really learn about it. As far as the phasing out it will be gradually done so far only about twenty in and twenty out. But it is concrete and there is no telling when it will effect everyone so all we can do is wait to see. It could be one of ours next or even last there is no telling. As far as Mid-Michigan closing I don't have anything saying for sure but today from the wardens sec it is true about the so end of it. This really sucks but just buckle our sat belts and play the hand which we are dealt. :blah:

Ok, now I am confused because I just called the Warden's Office and spoke to his Secretary (Amanda), Ms. Kipp is the Administrative Assistant, and Amanda stated that it was not true that the facility is NOT transitioning over to a Sex Offender Prison. So I don't know what is going on, all I know is I am glad my husband finished AOP. I hate that whatever they are doing to the facility that it has no serious impact on the guys trying to complete the class and get home to their loved one.

sssimlay
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
so i guess we just wait and see. seems like they don't know there either. well, if our loved ones get moved i pray that everyone gets moved closer or gets let out!!

queen, i'm following your progress. we are pretty much in the same situation. erd is in june and group will be finished on march 27 (was march 20th and they just found out today the pysch won't be around next week uggh) i'm interested to know your timeline. how long after group was termination report sent and then how long til a decision (we are on a deferal too).

queenwdg
03-04-2009, 08:57 AM
so i guess we just wait and see. seems like they don't know there either. well, if our loved ones get moved i pray that everyone gets moved closer or gets let out!!

queen, i'm following your progress. we are pretty much in the same situation. erd is in june and group will be finished on march 27 (was march 20th and they just found out today the pysch won't be around next week uggh) i'm interested to know your timeline. how long after group was termination report sent and then how long til a decision (we are on a deferal too).

My husband finished on 2/10, the rest of the class finished 2/12. His report was completed on 2/24, and sent to the Board either 2/24 or 2/25. When I called on 2/26 (517-373-0270) and spoke to Sunshine Lloyd, (she is the coordinator who receives the reports electronically, and then sends them to the appropriate Board members), she told me that she had received the reports and they were going to the TWO members who wanted to see it.

I am a bit confused though, are we allowed to KNOW who the members are who want to see the report and ultimately make the decision?

Anyhow, we are in a waiting game right now and it is NERVE wrecking. Oh and my husband's ERD is 3/20 so more than likely we will go past that.:(

sssimlay
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah i don't know on that. i thought 3 parole board members had to approve a parole. on his deferral it was signed by 3 people. atterbery--who did the hearing and then i can't remember the other two. i'm sure when he gets the blue paper (i'm thinking positive for us--blue is parole) it will be signed so we will know who made the decision.

sssimlay
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
went up for a visit yesterday it was packed in there again. the c/os says that always happens when it rains. i got there close to 1:30 and had to end up waiting til after shift change to get into the visiting room. i knew i was cutting it close so no big. but they had to call him down twice cuz the 1st shift didn't tell the second shift that he had a visit. oh well we still had a great visit! the drive in the rain wasn't too bad i just kept saying at least its not snow!! and now with the time change i won't be afraid to stay later cuz its going to be lighter later! i was tempted to drive up there today since i didn't go last week but a pile of laundry kept me home.

sssimlay
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM
got to go up again yesterday. such a pretty drive in the sunshine!! i left at 7:45 and it was still daylight!!! thought it was nice when i was leaving. my hunny was joking with one of the c/os and said he was ready to leave too and she said i know not too much longer right. then she remembered he was still on defferal. then i said we are hoping june and she said "yeah he will get out. its a good time to be up for parole they are opening the floodgates and he seems like he will get out." from her mouth to God's ears. but i thought if the co can see how well he is doing in there getting everything done that was required of him and staying out of trouble i hope that gets conveyed to the parole board.

samanthaessmyer
03-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Alright Kris went to see the parole board this past Thurday not sure what all happend but I am sure I will find out on Wednesday that is when I go up there to get married. Be on the look out for pictures after that I will be sure to let ya'll know when I find something out. Hope he does get it sssimlay

sssimlay
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
tomorrow is the big day samantha!!! i wish you the best of luck and lifetime of happiness. waiting to hear how the parole hearing went!!

samanthaessmyer
03-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I didn't cry but feel like I am going to once I lay down. In fact I laughed through it and when it was time to put the ring on Kris's finger IT WOULDN'T GO ON!!!! So I busted out it won't go on and he felt bad and was trying and the mayor said that it was because he was so nervous that his fingers swelled anyways he got it on finally and I had the mayor repeat himself because I couldn't hear what he said because he went soooo fast I guess from what my sister said I didn't repeat what he said anyways LOL I said something else and when they asked if I would take Kris to be my husband I said yes instead of I do or whatever my sister laughed at me for that too I told her hey it worked with what I said. Oh I didn't end up wearing that dress I was just in the mood for being comfy and my hair wasn't like that either but I LOVED it. There is pictures just have to get around to put them up.

Agbear
03-19-2009, 04:39 PM
I didn't cry but feel like I am going to once I lay down. In fact I laughed through it and when it was time to put the ring on Kris's finger IT WOULDN'T GO ON!!!! So I busted out it won't go on and he felt bad and was trying and the mayor said that it was because he was so nervous that his fingers swelled anyways he got it on finally and I had the mayor repeat himself because I couldn't hear what he said because he went soooo fast I guess from what my sister said I didn't repeat what he said anyways LOL I said something else and when they asked if I would take Kris to be my husband I said yes instead of I do or whatever my sister laughed at me for that too I told her hey it worked with what I said. Oh I didn't end up wearing that dress I was just in the mood for being comfy and my hair wasn't like that either but I LOVED it. There is pictures just have to get around to put them up.Congratulations!!!!

queenwdg
03-19-2009, 07:49 PM
I didn't cry but feel like I am going to once I lay down. In fact I laughed through it and when it was time to put the ring on Kris's finger IT WOULDN'T GO ON!!!! So I busted out it won't go on and he felt bad and was trying and the mayor said that it was because he was so nervous that his fingers swelled anyways he got it on finally and I had the mayor repeat himself because I couldn't hear what he said because he went soooo fast I guess from what my sister said I didn't repeat what he said anyways LOL I said something else and when they asked if I would take Kris to be my husband I said yes instead of I do or whatever my sister laughed at me for that too I told her hey it worked with what I said. Oh I didn't end up wearing that dress I was just in the mood for being comfy and my hair wasn't like that either but I LOVED it. There is pictures just have to get around to put them up.

congrats, m pastor married me and my husband. I was very nervous also, although his finger didn't swell, it sure was sweating. I can't remeber half of what we said. All I know is within 24 hrs, our marriage certificate was certified (I took it there myself..didn't want to wait the ten days), I had a new social security card ordered, a new license ordered and a new email with my name on it. I wasted NO time:D, that was 2 1/2yrs ago. Congratulations again.

sssimlay
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
hunny just called. facility is full. between yesterday and today 80 ride ins. the staff is saying its because of other prisons that closed.

samanthaessmyer
03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow thats alot of people man. I was up there yesterday and not many guys had visits Kris said that usually its like that on the weekdays so I think I will be going up more then instead of weekends if he doesn't get out that is. Yeah Queen the mayor took the license and just gave me mine to take home. I haven't went to change my name on anything yet I will prob do that next week after I take my next test on Tuesday.

stinkerbell
03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I am going up on saturday 3/23 to see my Brother if anyone is there and recognizes me please say hello :)

sssimlay
03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
stinkerbell, if u mean saturday (3/21) i will be up there too! i will get there around 1:20ish and probably stay until near closing time. not sure which one is u in ur pics but if i see someone who looks like one of u i will say hi. i will also have my pto bracelet on.

shannon

sssimlay
03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow thats alot of people man. I was up there yesterday and not many guys had visits Kris said that usually its like that on the weekdays so I think I will be going up more then instead of weekends if he doesn't get out that is. Yeah Queen the mayor took the license and just gave me mine to take home. I haven't went to change my name on anything yet I will prob do that next week after I take my next test on Tuesday.

oh yeah the c/os always say how slow it is during the week. there are a few days where it gets crowded but i've gone up there a few times on friday and maybe 10 people in the room. nothing like on the weekends!

sssimlay
03-22-2009, 08:00 PM
went up yesterday and the vr was pretty packed. i said something to one of the c/os and she did confirm they rode a bunch of people in and said something about how they did something like this last summer too. but for those of you who can make it up during the week i would recommend it and she did too. they terminated a bunch of visits to make room for those of us that came in after shift change. plus there was a very limited selection left in the vending machines.

dianna1975
03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I heard today from an RUO that works at Pine River that it is being turned into a level 2 facility.

samanthaessmyer
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I heard today from an RUO that works at Pine River that it is being turned into a level 2 facility.
So does that mean that the guys there are going to get moved or what since they are level one guys???

sssimlay
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
my hunny is supposed to call in a bit i will ask him if he has heard anything about this. i wouldn't be suprised though. he says other people that have come from higher levels say it's run like a level 2 already especially with the double razor wire around the place.

dianna1975
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
So does that mean that the guys there are going to get moved or what since they are level one guys???

I don't know about that. He didn't comment any more on the issue.

sssimlay
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
my hunny said he talked to an ruo also and said it wasn't true because there was so much work that had to be done to make it a level 2. everything is under lock and key in a level 2. pine river has an 8 man open cube system. a level 2 has two man cells--with doors that lock. it would require a lot of work to be done. he did say that a lot of the ride ins were coming from a level 2.

dianna1975
04-02-2009, 04:52 AM
a level 2 has two man cells--with doors that lock. it would require a lot of work to be done. he did say that a lot of the ride ins were coming from a level 2.

Thats not neccessarily true for all level II facilities. Tony has been a level II for years and has been in a cell by himself with a key, a cell with a bunkie with a key and now in an open area with 7 others. I think it just depends on the facility and the set-up they have.

sssimlay
04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
just got a call from my hunny and he said c unit is on quaratine because several them have been infected with the norovirus. they are not allowed to leave the units for anything. food is delivered to them. they are allowed to use the phones in the unit and on their patio. d unit cannot use the shared phones or patio..they have to go over to e/f unit. the rest of the facility has been instructed to wash everything down with bleach, wash their hands frequently and get their laundry done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus#Signs_and_symptoms

samanthaessmyer
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Man that is the unit Kris is in thanks alot for telling us here. That is something that happend before with that unit but it was that marsa or whatever it was. That unit isn't having much luck this year. I wonder if they will allow mail or anything to come out of there. If you hear anything else please let me know thanks.

JandM
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Hubby is going crazy has been dealing with this for 2days everytime someone gets sick it starts all over. I was going to visit on Sunday but no visit till this is over. So I hope everyone else's family is O.K.

sssimlay
04-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Hubby is going crazy has been dealing with this for 2days everytime someone gets sick it starts all over. I was going to visit on Sunday but no visit till this is over. So I hope everyone else's family is O.K.

so far he is ok. i'm sure he is sick of me asking every time he calls how he is feeling? lol. i was thinking bout going up too but now idk with everything going on up there. i asked him if he thought it was all the ride ins they've been getting. they didn't seem to have so many problems a couple of months ago??

samanthaessmyer
04-05-2009, 08:22 AM
so far he is ok. i'm sure he is sick of me asking every time he calls how he is feeling? lol. i was thinking bout going up too but now idk with everything going on up there. i asked him if he thought it was all the ride ins they've been getting. they didn't seem to have so many problems a couple of months ago??
Oh I know this all has been going on once all the ride ins came. I don't know anymore on Kris yet or not. I will let you know when I find something out. I was going to go up there but when I seen that I figured no point since he is in that unit. Let me know anymore if you find out thanks.

sssimlay
04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
c unit is still under quarantine. it has been extended until 4/10/09. i don't know about the mail situation my hunny is trying to find out before he calls me back tonight.

JandM
04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
My husband ran out of money so unsure how he is doing today but he was going crazy 2 days ago I cant imagin how he is doing to day since I am a nursse he has to call and ask me a million questions about this. Last time we talked he was saying that he is pushing the fluids and washing the hell out of his hands but of corse most of his friends are on other units and so he trying to sleep his way through this. I hope this gets better by next weekend so I can get a visit dont know about taking the kids might be a minute on that one. So thanks again for the updates when you call they tell you nothing.

sssimlay
04-05-2009, 05:39 PM
they are not allowed to go to call outs i wonder how that works. do the teachers let them back in when they are better? what about the c/os the ones on the unit are they stuck there too? i would be stir crazy! my heart goes out to all affected by this!

samanthaessmyer
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Any more word on the outbreak???

sssimlay
04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
they are still sick. my hunny said 2 more outbreaks yesterday. but he did say mail could go in and out. that's all i got so far. he is calling me tonight so i will post if any more news.

sssimlay
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
uggggh! it has now extended to g unit. my hunny called at 530 today to tell me his unit is now under quaratine. i was hoping the thing had run it's course. i was supposed to go up for a visit on saturday but they are telling him 2-3 days so it's not looking good. i didn't go up last weekend because i was exhausted and now most likely i won't get to up this weekend. boo!

samanthaessmyer
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
geeze this isn't sounding too good. Is he one that is sick? Hopefully he doesn't get it. I still know nothing on Kris yet as if he got sick or not hopefully I will soon.

sssimlay
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
as far as i know he isn't sick. he is calling me back tonight. we only talked for 30 secs earlier today.

queenwdg
04-08-2009, 08:08 PM
uggggh! it has now extended to g unit. my hunny called at 530 today to tell me his unit is now under quaratine. i was hoping the thing had run it's course. i was supposed to go up for a visit on saturday but they are telling him 2-3 days so it's not looking good. i didn't go up last weekend because i was exhausted and now most likely i won't get to up this weekend. boo!

YIKES!!!! it seems as if it is moving right along. My husband is in H Unit. I hope that they get everyone well so the virus can stop spreading. I am confused. If they had the earlier units that it started in quaratined, how in the hell did it spread????:confused::confused::confused:

sssimlay
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
ok when he called tonight he said that he thinks that its not really the virus now the prison is just being overly cautious. the guy who got sick said he thinks it was a hashbrown that upset his stomach. on top of that they let the guy back in the unit. if he really did have the virus then why let him back in the unit so he can pass it on to everyone else??? but some official saw the guy get sick so that was all it took. the quaratine lift has to come from lansing so who knows how long it will take.

if i understood him correctly the guys that are under quaratine get bagged food--so on top of it being crappy food--its now cold crappy food..sandwiches and stuff like that. no going for call outs--which pisses me off--he was supposed to go to cage your rage tonight--2nd to last class. there are 160 to each unit and 40 of them get to go out on the units patio 40 minutes at a time. they rotate all day long. the patio is about the size of a basketball court with a few picinic tables.

we were really trying to cut back on calls (if you can't tell we talk more than we should--lol) but now he is gonna be bored out of his mind so i'm gonna get more calls than normal especially if i can't go up this weekend. oh well i'll probably break even with the gas and money i woulda spent in the vending machine if i had gone up :)

samanthaessmyer
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Thats crazy! thats all I am going to say just plain CRAZY!

sssimlay
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
arrgh both units are still under quaratine! last he heard c unit was under until sunday now and g unit possibly until tuesday. but the g unit part was just inmate talk so i don't know. he still says no one appears sick so he doesn't know why they are under quaratine. now it's got me thinking consiparacy theory--lol! they have been having to terminate a ton of visits lately because of all the ride ins and there are so many people visiting now. last time i was up it was like half of the people in the visiting room were from g unit. so now its a holiday weekend which is always busy anyway and g unit has a mysterious virus!? just a coincidence??? lol!! yeah, i read to many spy books. but i just worry about them. they are going stir crazy and thats when people get in stupid fights. we are waiting for a decision. last thing we need is someone trying to start shit. i'm not worried about him. i worried about all the guys going crazy in general. they are supposed to make an offical announcement after 2 pm. but my other beef is this. if they are so contagious how come the c/os and nurses get to go in and out???? one last thing he did get a letter from the adw (who teaches cage your rage) stating he would get to make up the classes he missed after the quaratine is over.

samanthaessmyer
04-10-2009, 05:42 PM
ok Kris sent me a letter yesterday he is in c unit he said he got cold and hot sweats and the poops lol 3 guys went to the hospital all in the same day and this is hitting everyone differently he said some has been just throwing up and some just pass right out on the floor. He said its like the stomach flu but worse and really contagious. He is getting sick of it he said hes never seen it this bad before. Still no word on his parole yet though he said it could be another 3 weeks. :( Hopefully all this is done and over so they don't hold him for this.He also said that they are going to get off quaratine 3 days after the last guy gets sick but if they keep them all in there its just going to go back in a circle they need to get the sick ones out of there and let the rest go on with their lives if its only a few guys like they did with the one that had marsa. This is crazy crap.

JandM
04-10-2009, 08:05 PM
By Husband is going crazy he runs out of money on the phone so fast now. He is so on-edge I cant take it they need to let them out. I cant belive this is taking this long they are just passing it around. DAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Prison Health care I swear!

Hopefully this gets takin care of soon.

sssimlay
04-11-2009, 02:21 PM
i miss him <sigh> it was easier to deal with the quaratine when it didn't interfere with my plans. its a sunny day outside but still too cold to do anything like go to the beach. so, i guess it comes down to i'm bored. i turned down invitation to do anything else today because i held out to the slimmest belief i would be up visiting. i do have dreaded spring cleaning to do but who really wants to do that. plus i don't go back to work until tuesday so i have all sorts of time. lol!

samanthaessmyer
04-11-2009, 05:50 PM
I was going to go up there today as well until you said it was sent to Sunday so I didn't go. This sucks!!!

sssimlay
04-11-2009, 06:40 PM
samantha i would call up there before you go. the lift has to come from lansing so i doubt they are going to do it on a weekend. if they lift the quaratine by next weekend i will probably end up going both days. he says it prob won't be lifted until tuesday but if for some reason it is lifted on monday i'm so there lol!

sssimlay
04-13-2009, 07:45 AM
whooo hoo i am so there! my hunny just called and said they lifted his quaratine. he didn't know about c unit it but g unit was lifted. now the next part. i chopped all my hair off. i still can't decide if i like it but i'm curious to see his reaction lol!

samanthaessmyer
04-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't know much more on it either I haven't gotten a letter yet from Kris I might today but I don't know. If I get anything I will post as well. Hope everyone had a great Easter.

sssimlay
04-13-2009, 08:07 PM
c unit has been lifted too. everything is back to normal. the visiting room was a little crowded for a monday night but still a good visit!

oh yeah he said my hair was cute..hmm i'm 33 think i'm past cute lol! but i did go over to the sarnia casino last night and got carded. you only have to be 19 there whoo hoo so maybe i will take cute!

samanthaessmyer
04-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Thank you I was wondering cause I didn't get a letter from Kris today. Its about time though. Its prob cause its the day after Easter and then this happend too thats prob why it was busy, I am glad you had a good visit.

patsbabygirl
04-14-2009, 10:41 PM
:(my fincee is in oine river and my frist time being away from me am scared

samanthaessmyer
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Welcome this is a great place to find out info on this prison. These ladies are really nice.

patsbabygirl
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I HAVE A COPY OF THE 12 LESSON PHAMPLET THE CHAPLIN GIVES OUT AT PINE RIVER IF ANYBODY WANTS A COPY. I CAN SCAN IT AT WORK TOMORROW. THIS IS WHAT HAS TO BE FILLED OUT AND QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEFORE HE WILL SET A DATE.

SO IF ANYBODY IS "THINKING" ABOUT GETTING MARRIED AND THEIR MATE IS AT PINE RIVER, I CAN SEND YOU A COPY:) :) :) .

i do please

queenwdg
04-15-2009, 06:16 AM
i do please

Oh Jesus:o. I have to find it. That was almost 2 1/2 years ago. Let me look for it and let you know if I find it.

sssimlay
04-15-2009, 07:03 PM

welcome to pto and the pine river area. i would read through the post that are under this thread and if you have any questions just put'em up here and one of us will come along and answer you. i try to put up info as soon as i get it. i'm lucky i get to visit pretty much every weekend and i talk to him daily so he keeps me updated.

one thing about pine river is that is a level one and a lot of the guys in there are close to going home or have worked their way down from other levels so so far i haven't noticed a lot of trouble in there. i'm not saying there aren't ever any fights but if your man minds his business then he will be fine. if you go up to visit they are really nice if you tell them its your first time up but make sure you read the visiting rules (posted under the visitation thread)--depending on who is there they follow the clothing rules pretty well. yes, this whole thing is scary and it sucks but we just need to be strong for our men.

samanthaessmyer
04-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Kris got his parole!!!!!!!!!!!

sssimlay
04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Kris got his parole!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!! i knew this yesterday but i didn't want to tell you in case i was misinformed --lol! my hunny told me a tall guy in c unit that wears glasses named kris got his parole. he told me this at like 5 pm but i didn't remember kris wearing glasses in the pics you had. then he called me again at 1030 and told me it was kris in c unit that just got married so i knew it was him but still not place to tell you. so anyway, i'm sooo happy for you!!! :)

samanthaessmyer
04-17-2009, 06:40 PM
AWESOME!! i knew this yesterday but i didn't want to tell you in case i was misinformed --lol! my hunny told me a tall guy in c unit that wears glasses named kris got his parole. he told me this at like 5 pm but i didn't remember kris wearing glasses in the pics you had. then he called me again at 1030 and told me it was kris in c unit that just got married so i knew it was him but still not place to tell you. so anyway, i'm sooo happy for you!!! :)
Yeah Kris wears glasses he doesn't usually wear them in the pictures sometimes he forgets though so there is a couple that hes got them in. Yeah I got a letter today telling me he got it. He called my house on Tuesday I think to tell me but I wasn't home. It would of been ok if you told me but like you said it was better coming from him. I don't what date he is getting out he didn't tell me that but at least I know its coming soon. Have you heard anything about your hubby yet? Oh yeah if you talk to him tell him to tell Kris to call me please I am home now so I need to talk to him. If not thats cool too. Thanks if you do though.

sssimlay
04-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah Kris wears glasses he doesn't usually wear them in the pictures sometimes he forgets though so there is a couple that hes got them in. Yeah I got a letter today telling me he got it. He called my house on Tuesday I think to tell me but I wasn't home. It would of been ok if you told me but like you said it was better coming from him. I don't what date he is getting out he didn't tell me that but at least I know its coming soon. Have you heard anything about your hubby yet? Oh yeah if you talk to him tell him to tell Kris to call me please I am home now so I need to talk to him. If not thats cool too. Thanks if you do though.

i will try to get a message to him but its a little hard cuz they are in different units but sometimes they can yell on down the line and the message gets there. anyway congrats again! no word for us yet. it's only been 2 weeks so i'm sure we still have another 2-3 weeks to wait.

samanthaessmyer
04-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Alrighty Thanks. I wonder why they haven't told him anything yet. Thats messed up really.

queenwdg
04-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Alrighty Thanks. I wonder why they haven't told him anything yet. Thats messed up really.

Congrats..My hubby is not at PR anymore, but he was there for 3 years, so I still feel a connection to the gals at PR....The best to both of you. Keep us posted on if he goes to MPRI or not and where he lands. Just trying to get a fell on where they are sending guys. My hubby and just KNEW that he was going to Ryan or Mound, but he ended up at Cooper Street:(.

samanthaessmyer
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Congrats..My hubby is not at PR anymore, but he was there for 3 years, so I still feel a connection to the gals at PR....The best to both of you. Keep us posted on if he goes to MPRI or not and where he lands. Just trying to get a fell on where they are sending guys. My hubby and just KNEW that he was going to Ryan or Mound, but he ended up at Cooper Street:(.
Thanks I will for sure let you know when I know anymore. So far nothing more yet. We are hopeing he gets to Muskegon but who knows with the prison system.

patsbabygirl
04-19-2009, 10:52 PM
welcome to pto and the pine river area. i would read through the post that are under this thread and if you have any questions just put'em up here and one of us will come along and answer you. i try to put up info as soon as i get it. i'm lucky i get to visit pretty much every weekend and i talk to him daily so he keeps me updated.

one thing about pine river is that is a level one and a lot of the guys in there are close to going home or have worked their way down from other levels so so far i haven't noticed a lot of trouble in there. i'm not saying there aren't ever any fights but if your man minds his business then he will be fine. if you go up to visit they are really nice if you tell them its your first time up but make sure you read the visiting rules (posted under the visitation thread)--depending on who is there they follow the clothing rules pretty well. yes, this whole thing is scary and it sucks but we just need to be strong for our men.

thanks hopefuly i can hear from mine soon:(

patsbabygirl
04-19-2009, 10:57 PM
how do i find out what unit my fincee is in