View Full Version : How slow or fast is the mail now a days???

Cubana
02-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I was thinking about writing my husband today. havn't sent him any mail. How's the mailroom running lately??? The first letter he sent me took 5 days and the second one took 2 days. Not bad for sending it to Vegas. But is it just as fast to get to them? Do you guys think that with this lockdown it will affect it? I know it will with these 1300 inmates coming in and the visits too. Thanks:D

misseskris_10
02-25-2006, 07:04 PM
my man sent out letters on tuesday (3 of them) and i got them friday. i don't know if it was cause of presidents day or what. u r gonna make him so happy sending him a letter!! what about that tough love?? lol
my man says he gets my letter like 2 days after i send them.

Cubana
02-25-2006, 07:06 PM
yeah but it's been 2 months I'm getting weak. Thanks for the reply. maybe if i send him one tomorrow ( post office open here on sundays) he will get it by tuesday.

Lulu21
02-26-2006, 08:46 PM
mail is pretty good there. takes about 2 days if that.

aww
02-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I've been wondering this too. My Bf is in reception and the first letter I sent him was on Friday the 17th. Since then I've pretty much sent him mail every day, but I haven't gotten a thing back from him. In my first and second letter to him I sent him a letter package with paper, envelopes and stamps. Since nobody has hear from him since he was taken in, I would think that he would be writing me, his mom and his granma frantically, but none of us have heard from him. Is this normal? Does mail take long to get sorted in and out of CIM reception? Or do you think it might have something t odo with where he's at or ghis current status there? It's been over a week and I haven't gotten anything at all.

misseskris_10
02-26-2006, 08:56 PM
i got a letter from my butt munch within the first week of being taken there, and i hadn't sent him envelopes or anything(must've bummed them). but i think i takes longer for theirs to go out, then the ones we send. my guys tells me he puts the letters out at night, and they don't get mail on the weekends. ya never know. sometimes it's 2 days, sometimes a little more.

jen70
02-27-2006, 10:05 AM
My husband has been at CIM for almost a year now...for the last few months the mail has been really fast, I'd get letters about two days after he'd send them. But lately it's been super slow! I got a letter from him this past saturday that was post stamped the 14th! That's 12 days, and I'm only in Orange County!! He said it's gotten really slow on his end too, taking a week and a half to get my letters. Hopefully it'll speed back up again.

Cubana
02-27-2006, 02:02 PM
yeah my mother in law hasnt heard from him since the 17 th either. and she has sent him 4 stationary packages since then. and nothing