View Full Version : Anyone know about any changes to the RSAT program?

ilovespencer
02-21-2006, 01:59 PM
My husband told me the other day that he heard they were going to reduce the RSAT (residential substance abuse treatment) program to 4 months in order to get more people through it as opposed to the 6 months since the program seems to have a fairly good success rate at keeping prisoners from re-offending due to their substance abuse problem. Anyone else hear about this or know anything? He told me the guy that told him heard it was on findlaw.com but I can't find anything. May be far from true, you know how they all talk in there! Thank you and God bless!

mrsdragoness
02-22-2006, 06:08 AM
There is rumor that there was an article in one of the papers about the program having a 100% parole rate as well, but no one has been able to find the article. I wouldn't put it past them to shorten the program though!

ilovespencer
02-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Thank you mrsdragon for your response. Congrats on your man coming home so soon. I'm jealous :p .

StacysWar030
03-05-2006, 07:26 AM
My husband just got moved to Cooper St to start this program. He heard the rumor of reducing it to 4 months. Now that's he's there, their tellig him it's a 7 month program. So who knows. Guess I'll be able to talk about it more once he's in and gets more info.

Stacy

ilovespencer
03-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Stacy-

Thank you so very much for the information. I would appreciate an update on anything else he hears. My husband is not eligible to sign up for another two months but he is chomping at the bit wanting to know all he can. Thank you again so much!

Beth

Lions Heart
03-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I know that the RSAT program at Cooper street is run by SHAR Inc. Maybe you could contact them and ask.