View Full Version : What is resentencing?

waitingforhim19
02-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I was wondering what resentencing is and who is eligable for it. I've noticed some of the women posting about it and I'm not sure what exactly it is. I was wondering also, what is sentence modification? I'm not sure if it is anything that can help my fiance but I thought I would find out what it was. Thanks And God Bless You All!

bellisq
02-17-2006, 03:30 AM
Reconsideration of sentence can be sought if there is new information that should be brougt to the judge's attention or if the original sentencing procedure was inaccurate. Each state has a specific period of time that the resentencing must be filed, it doesn't necessarily have to be acted on in that time, but the filing requirements are pretty tight. I am assuming your friend is in the state of WAshington, i don't know the time requirements for filing a sentencing moditification, but hopefully someone will be along who does. Also, some states (again not sure about WA) have a "higher" procedure that allows the legality of the sentence to be appealed.

How recently was he sentenced? Did he plead or was it a trial?

waitingforhim19
02-19-2006, 12:19 AM
He was sentenced in 1997 and he went back to court in 2002 for a plea bargin and plead guilty so that he could have his sentences run concurrently. Thanks for the help. God Bless You!

bellisq
02-19-2006, 07:44 AM
barring some sort of extraordinary appeal, the time has run out for sentence modification.

waitingforhim19
02-19-2006, 10:53 PM
That's what I figured but thanks anyway. God Bless You!