View Full Version : Dvi writing package?

cassandrac
02-10-2006, 08:55 PM
my boyfriend is in reception
at DVI in Tracy does anyone
know what I can send in a
writing package? please
let me know asap
Cassandra

California Sunshine
02-10-2006, 09:07 PM
very usefull info here : http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96977

Items Allowed that you can send to a Reception Center Inmate

50 Sheets of blank letter sized writing paper (you can send yellow or white letter sized legal lined paper removed from its binder)

1 book of 20 count stamps or 20 pre-stamped envelopes available from your post office. (Some Institutions do not allow stamp books or loose stamps)

10 4x6 photographs per mailing. On the back write your inmates name and CDC number.

1 Pack of 5 count clear Bic pens in their original unopened packaging.
Special Occasion Cards. (Cannot include any type of metal, springs, decals, scents, music makers, ect.)

Items/Articles from the Internet. You may include articles, items and pictures obtained from the Internet in your correspondence. It is suggested that you copy the matter from the Internet and paste it to a blank word document. Some institutions do not allow writings that include a URL on the top or bottom of the page.

Sending Money Orders

Money Orders for Inmate Trust Accounts. It’s best to send a U.S. Postal Money Order. Make the M.O. payable to your inmate and include his housing #, bunk #, Facility address, City and State. (M.O.s are applied to the inmates trust account within 1-2 weeks of receipt. As of Jan 01, 2005 the CDC takes 44% of all funds sent to an inmate for the CA victims restitution fund. Effective Jan 01, 2007 this amount will increase to 55%. You may include your M.O.s in letters to your inmate and it is removed by the mailroom.)

When sending a stationary package to a reception center inmate, include the above items in a 10x15 or 12x15 manila envelope. State on the outside of the envelope the contents inside to assist mailroom personnel.

Reception Center Inmates cannot receive any books, magazines or publications. Do not use any type of labels, decals, glitter or scents.

angelikaboo
02-18-2006, 02:41 PM
i have beeen searching the dvi site for all this info and couldnt finy ANY help on how to send money or anything else,, thats a lot of good clear info THANK YOU!! im so glad i found this site its so helpful!!!

California Sunshine
02-18-2006, 04:59 PM
i have beeen searching the dvi site for all this info and couldnt finy ANY help on how to send money or anything else,, thats a lot of good clear info THANK YOU!! im so glad i found this site its so helpful!!!

Glad it helped and welcome to PTO :)