View Full Version : writing supplies for inmates - Texas

marietx
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Can someone help me here? I need to send 9 x 12 envelopes and some tracing paper and Office Depot only sells them in quantities of 50 or more. I am trying to find a couple of other places to order from...I know I've seen them on here but am doing a search and can't find them. I found www.paperandstuff.net (http://www.paperandstuff.net) but it doesn't have everything I need. I was thinking there is another one an ex-inmate created that might even cater to TDCJ? Anyone know what it is? Thanks!

Help-A-Con
02-03-2006, 04:09 AM
With all the rules they come up with every other day about this stuff, I just put extra money on my husbands Trust Fund to buy writing supplies. It finally became to much of a pain to send stuff. Some of my friends were denied sending pads of paper because of staples in the pads and things like that. It's just easier to leave it up to him to buy it at commissary.

marietx
02-03-2006, 06:30 AM
I agree with you. Commissary is much easier but the thing is, they aren't stocking it! He needs a 9x12 envelope and they haven't had those in forever. Sheesh, they haven't even had toothpaste in months. So frustrating!

cenicerosgirl
02-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Just curious where in texas are you sending supplies? My homboy is in New Boston - Telford Unit.

marietx
02-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Choice Moore in Bonham

june13
02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
what can we our love ones?can we send them snacks?

txsfmhstn
02-08-2006, 12:31 PM
You can try this place

http://www.inmatepaper.com

You can't send them snacks only stationary stuff and that is limited to what you can send. You can look on that website and use their list as a guide line. You can also go to Office Depot to send them stuff.

Mike1963
02-08-2006, 06:25 PM
My partner is in the Telford unit also.You can send him things from sav-on office supplies and office depot.You can also send them books from amazon.com or barnes and knobles.I hope this helps!!

RAS
02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Another place is www.rosiesgraphics.com (http://www.rosiesgraphics.com). Don't know if they have the 9X12 envelopes, but can't hurt to ask.

Mrs. Chunk
02-21-2006, 06:49 AM
If you call the prison shipping department at Office Depot they're very knowledgable about what to send (no staples, etc.) and they appreciate the quantity issue (like not wanting to send 500 envelopes since they have to write their number on every one of them) and actually offer some items/quanities that I couldn't find through regular Office Depot. The number is 888-819-7272. The ladies are very kind and helpful.

scarlettmom7872
03-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Try inmatepaper.com their prices are super resonable and they have a package that should give your loved one 2-4 weeks worth of materials depending on how avid of a writer/drawer they are. They are very responsive and courteous. Yes, they cater to TDC.

jackinlove
03-06-2006, 11:11 AM
what about just sending a calendar

txsfmhstn
03-06-2006, 11:41 AM
what about just sending a calendar

Inmatepaper.com just got approved to send in calendar, coloring books and journals. Ck them out on that.

scarlettmom7872
03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
He has the little pocket kind -which is the best, since they have limited space in their storage.....(he=inmatepaper.com)---I cannot remember the exact price, but they were VERY reasonable!!!

2steppin38
03-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Does anyone here know the number for the mail room at Ware Unit.. or is this the one I call and just ask for the mail room?(325) 728-2162
Just wanted to verify what writing supplies I can send there.

Jillian
03-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Just called the main prison number and ask for mail room

scarlettmom7872
03-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I think you just go thru the mail switchboard and ask for the mail room. At least that is how it is at Holiday and the county jails.

2steppin38
03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Thank you Ladies!!!:D

scarlettmom7872
03-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Okay, some of you asked for me to share my opnion/experience using inmatepaper.com......well, I am afraid that I am going to have to give it a thumbs down!! Toni over there seems nice enough and they did offer to send some extras in my order for all the problems...but the fact still remains that it took them 2.5 weeks to get an order out (a very small order) from Dallas to Huntsville (5 hour driving time). I asked time and time again how they shipped and that was never answered, nor was I ever provided a tracking number. When I placed the order I was given a confirmation # (for the order), I emailed to ask how soon they would be shipping and I was told that most orders shipped the next day...well on the 3rd day I sent an email for the status and was told that they don't accept credit cards..paypal only...but their site says nothing about paypal..only cc info......so, I mailed them a money order out on Saturday. On Tuesday I emailed to inquire if they received the payment....late in the day, I received an email that he would ship out that night.....That should have been the 7th.....and it was received on the 20th??? And I started the whole process on the 27th of February!!! UGH!!! The dang order took so long that he has since been transferred from Holliday to a private prison that doens't allow any outside packages other than books/mags. So, I wasted a lot of time, energy, and $10.00...and my hubby has been holding back on ordering many envelopes as he thought there was a pack headed his way!!!
So, if you have lots of time and patience and follow up...then use these guys. If you are more of the Get 'er done mentality.....use one of the other services!!!

scarlettmom7872
03-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Well Toni called up and got thru to the head person at the the Jefferson County facility (private prison housing inmates) and they ackowledged that they DO HAVE TO FOLLOW TDC rules regarding the mail!!!! YEA TONI! So, my hubby will get his package after all!!!

As for art supplies, tracing paper, construction paper and sketch pads, Toni called the main ppl at TDC and they said that these items are not allowed thru any source!!! Those would have to be purchased from canteen REGARDLESS of what unit.
Hope this helps someone. I just hate to slam a company that turns around and makes my day!!

bbuckie8
01-10-2007, 03:58 AM
I just sent paper and envelopes from office depot because they use ups and they said it had to be shipped by them. I was very easy but the package got held up because it had my return address on there. Office depot mailed it. But the thing was that they did not tell me to use their return address (office depot) just that they had to mail it. So, make sure if you use office depot or the company name you are using on the return when you mail it from the place you buy the supplies from.

bbuckie8
05-08-2007, 01:51 AM
My honey is at the telford unit and I sent in legal pads and envelopes. I thought it was all to easy but Office Depot has you fill out the address label. And take it from me..make sure you put your spouse name ect..(but on the return address make sure it is office depots return address. I put mine and they held it for weeks to verify that it was mailed from Office Depot.)

Texasfem
05-08-2007, 05:28 AM
You can try this place

http://www.inmatepaper.com

You can't send them snacks only stationary stuff and that is limited to what you can send. You can look on that website and use their list as a guide line. You can also go to Office Depot to send them stuff.
Hi Cheryl, I am am sorry to say that I will never use inmate paper.com. my last order never reached my son and I lost the money spent with this company. I sent him several e-mails and he never responded. I am pissed off! the first time I used inmate paper, the items I ordered reached my son a month latter, and that was after my bitch session. 2nd time, as of today he has never received his paper goods and they have not yet to respond to my e-mails. I don't even want my money back but I promise I will never order from them again.

I will only use www.Rosiesgraphics.com (http://www.Rosiesgraphics.com)
she is honest and sends out orders as soon as you pay for them. I have never had a problem with her and I find her to have a very honest company.

believenHim
05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I also had problems with inmatepaper.com. I now use www.notesandnovels.com (http://www.notesandnovels.com). They are well stocked and usually ship the same or next day of order. They also have paperback books at a very low price and will send a list to your loved one to choose from. I'm very happy with notes and novels and will continue to use them. Everything they have is TDCJ approved.

Dances in Rain
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
i also use rosies and she will also put in a gift card/note with the order -- she ships priority and they get them in a couple of days!

txyaketyyak
08-24-2010, 02:53 PM
I just called Office Depot. They don't send supplies anymore.

ShoesHappen
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I just called Office Depot. They don't send supplies anymore.
That's funny! I just ordered a bunch of things for my husband on their website.

addictsmom
08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
This was this guy's first post. I sent him a PM...

Diane

MrsRE24
08-25-2010, 09:08 AM
I just ordered through OFfice Depot on MOnday too :)

dudho2004
08-28-2010, 08:03 PM
The site I use is Texasprisonbookstore.com they only cater to TDCJ, ship priority and have always responded to any calls or emails ive done. My packages have gotten there as fast as 3 days. I couldnt be happier with the service I have receieved. Ive never used anywhere else tho but havent felt the need to and I absolutely hate change, if it works dont fix it is my motto.

MrsRE24
08-29-2010, 06:41 PM
I too use Texasprisonbookstores... they are great :)