View Full Version : Detainer Question

annat
01-26-2006, 08:25 PM
According to the DOC site, my fiance has two detainers, both NTFY/P&P type. This may be a stupid question, but once he is released from prison, can he be taken into custody because of the two detainers? On the site under "Date Cancelled", there is nothing, so I'm assuming both are still in effect. I'm worried now that as soon as he gets out, another county is going to take him to jail :(

Anybody know?

Thanks,
Anna

geotam
01-27-2006, 03:45 AM
I may be wrong but I take that as to mean "Notify Probation and Parole".

littled73
01-31-2006, 09:11 PM
That's my understanding too

annat
02-02-2006, 10:11 PM
So when he gets out he won't be taken into custody by another county....he'll just be required to go to the probation office and get that all set up?

lostnlonely
02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
The best thing I can suggest is to call his classification officer b/c my understanding is that instead of actually being released he would be transferred to the jurisdication of whomever has placed the detainer. It may be that he has a violation with P & P. But in any case the best way to get the correct answer would be to call classification. Hope this helped. Good Luck!!!

annat
02-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks for your help :) I decided to email the P&P place instead of calling his classification officer because last time I called to ask about something, he wasn't there and I talked to some mean lady who wasn't helpful at all. So I emailed the P&P place and got this response-- "The entries are notifiers, not detainers. They are placed on the record so that the institution side will notify probation and parole when he is released. This will enable probation and parole to immediately begin supervision upon his release." Thank goodness!!! :D I was so worried he'd have to go back to jail after being released!